Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't want to promote conspiracies but this has been on my mind. I asked last week about interviews from people who've had it. I see there have been some online from people who have been quarantined, but tell me, with so many cases being reported can any of YOU (not people on the news who could've been paid to say they've had it) say for an absolute certainty that you know someone who's had it? Or has it?
I'm really hard pushed finding someone who does.
I'm not interested in "I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who's got it/had it"
I mean first hand accounts.
I asked this a few days ago and I don’t think anyone on here actually knows someone who has it.

Reactions: 2
How are China doing now? Is life getting back to normal there? Took them about 8 weeks or so?

Reactions: 1
Turkey has stopped flights from 9 UK destinations. My friend is out there now and terrified them stop UK flights too. What happens if you're abroad and flights are stopped? Are you stranded there or will the airlines negotiate with the countries to bring you back (Ie ask them to allow some flights in)???

I don't want to promote conspiracies but this has been on my mind. I asked last week about interviews from people who've had it. I see there have been some online from people who have been quarantined, but tell me, with so many cases being reported can any of YOU (not people on the news who could've been paid to say they've had it) say for an absolute certainty that you know someone who's had it? Or has it?
I'm not interested in "I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who's got it/had it"
We've been saying exactly the same thing. It's a truly bizarre situation. I feel like an extra in a low budget movie 🤯😂

Reactions: 7
I asked this a few days ago and I don’t think anyone on here actually knows someone who has it.
I think someone said last night their nephew has it ,he was to get an op and a routine swab came back positive for it ?

Reactions: 3
https://www.smh.com.au/national/i-h...please-stop-the-hysteria-20200312-p549bf.html
This is from a healthy Australian (ie he has managed okay) who has it. the article also features a video from a Welshman of a similar age who lives in Wuhan and became quite ill. I too wish there was more from people who have it/had it.

My perspective: People are possibly overreacting. But people are also dying, and it’s a new virus with no antibodies.

The goal now is mitigating strain on our health care systems so that our vulnerable and elderly can receive the right level of care. I Amm sure it’s been shared before but there is a good graph from the CDC about the ’flattening the curve’ idea.

So personally I’m worried about the high risk groups, our already strained healthcare systems, and all the people who are on zero hours contracts who are going to struggle without the regular pay if forced to isolate or f their employers close.

Reactions: 4
Turkey has stopped flights from 9 UK destinations. My friend is out there now and terrified them stop UK flights too. What happens if you're abroad and flights are stopped? Are you stranded there or will the airlines negotiate with the countries to bring you back (Ie ask them to allow some flights in)???
If you are abroad you have to contact embassy and the the goverment will organise a way for you to get home. Atleast they are doing that in Lithuania, yesterday the flight from Milan full of lithuanians arrived to Vilnius.

A pharmacist from Torquay who had it has spoken to the local paper. It was on the Devon live website

Search Carl Goldman on Facebook... he and his friends had it on the cruise ship and he’s blogged about it with photos etc for 3 weeks. Interesting reading. He’s tested negative, then positive so remains in quarantine even though his symptoms have gone. Quite a positive story tbh

also he was quarantined on the ship with his wife and she never got it and still doesn’t have it 🙌🏻

Reactions: 3
NO mention of it at all at work. We were as busy as usual with plenty of tables sat in the restaurant.
When I asked if anything was in place, my boss just said “just make sure you wash your hands”

I think my boss is Boris Johnson.

They don’t seem to think it will effect the business at all which is a little naive.
my work place is exactly the same. the office staff have been sent to work from home. But us who are in front of public are getting no info on whats going on/ likely to happen.
Feel like I’m just waiting to contract it.

My parents are being stubborn about this. No amount of reasoning will make them self isolate 🙄

They don’t believe the news. The anxiety this is causing me is insane.

My friend works at a local school. APPARENTLY they are extending the easter holidays by two weeks in derbs. Schools are putting together work pack. Again, dont want to panic anyone but wondering if anyone else has got this information?

My family keep telling me to not panic, because I give them updates & let them know how serious my work are taking it. I’m no panicking still going about daily things, swimming lessons, netball, walking dog, work but I understand how bad this could be for vulnerable people. I think duck then now I’ll look at my nan & my little fam

I'm another who wishes there was more info out there from people who have it. Why are Tom Hanks and his wife in hospital?, do they both need hospital treatment or are they just there being quarantined? Nadine Dorries is on Twitter but is posting very little about her symptoms, if she's needed treatment etc.

Maybe the families of those seriously ill or dead have other things on their mind than releasing names and talking to press. Load of rubbish, imo. You don’t have to make people’s deaths public knowledge just to appease conspiracy theories.

Reactions: 8
My friend works at a local school. APPARENTLY they are extending the easter holidays by two weeks in derbs. Schools are putting together work pack. Again, dont want to panic anyone but wondering if anyone else has got this information?
We have had a strong rumour schools will close this Friday until after Easter. Teachers are prepping for it too (York’s)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.