Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now we don’t have the daily briefings on TV which led with “the figures”, where do you guys get your data from now? Weird I used to be so glued to the figures of infections/deaths and now it’s like I never see this stuff!

Reactions: 1
Now we don’t have the daily briefings on TV which led with “the figures”, where do you guys get your data from now? Weird I used to be so glued to the figures of infections/deaths and now it’s like I never see this stuff!
GOV website or worldometer publish daily data

Reactions: 3
I guess they are worried about people spending less time outdoors and more time indoors. Apparently central heating increases the spread of Covid because it dries up your mucous membranes, especially in the nose, and so you get tiny cracks or something like that which is easier for the virus to penetrate.
Also it’s one thing to queue outside a shop/restaurant in glorious sunshine and a whole other thing when it’s cold and wet in winter. And the NHS gets overwhelmed in winter even without Covid, so who knows what will happen.
Have you guys seen that wedding with 100 people that happened in Blackburn? Honestly, what are people thinking?!
We queued here in March when it was - 30. It was not enjoyable at all. Lol.

This is really weird, people in the US have been receiving these Un -ordered packets of unidentifiable “seeds” in the mail. Now, random packages of sealed “face masks” have been sent to several American news agencies...
All the packages from China are sent anonymously, which is slightly worrying..

• Haha
  • Wow
This is really weird, people in the US have been receiving these Un -ordered packets of unidentifiable “seeds” in the mail. Now, random packages of sealed “face masks” have been sent to several American news agencies...
Yes, the seeds has been happening in Canada too... It is very odd.

Reactions: 4
Bill Gates must be manufacturing his " seed" via Chyna 😂 the facemasks are only a distraction ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Depression now affects 1 in 5 compared to this time last year when it was 1 in 10 😔 cases have doubled. The lasting effects of this are going to be terrible.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
My god now they think they've found a link to covid in the rising cases of kids with T1 diabetes it destroys the insulin making cells 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Depression now affects 1 in 5 compared to this time last year when it was 1 in 10 😔 cases have doubled. The lasting effects of this are going to be terrible.
hmmmmmm, see I find these stats a bit frustrating, so many will suffer from short term situational depression in the next few months, so mental health services that are already overstretched will be close to breaking point because everyone who feels a bit lost, upset or sad, which is NATURAL,
Will now diagnose themselves as “depressed”

My god now they think they've found a link to covid in the rising cases of kids with T1 diabetes it destroys the insulin making cells 😬
jesus monga you really are a bleeping ray of sunshine 😆
are these “facts” or “thinks” ?

can we just try NOT to scare each other with stuff like this unless it’s backed by data 😆 There are so many who are about to send kids back to school 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh yeah! People here in Scotland were receiving packages of seeds too

• Wow
hmmmmmm, see I find these stats a bit frustrating, so many will suffer from short term situational depression in the next few months, so mental health services that are already overstretched will be close to breaking point because everyone who feels a bit lost, upset or sad, which is NATURAL,
Will now diagnose themselves as “depressed”

jesus monga you really are a bleeping ray of sunshine 😆
are these “facts” or “thinks” ?

can we just try NOT to scare each other with stuff like this unless it’s backed by data 😆 There are so many who are about to send kids back to school 🤦‍♀️
My friends daughter is T1 and she just shared it on FB from one of the support groups she attends but I just googled it and the press are running the story too..Edit to say The Imperial Collage have run a story on it too so seems to be genuine they were monitoring kids in London..

• Sad
Reactions: 5
anyone risked the hairdressers and how was it? I really need a makeover but would like to know what to expect etc to put my mind at rest
I did for cut and colour. I think it depends on the salon. Mine is not allowing more than 15 people inc staff. Masks must be worn. No drinks served. Everything being cleaned constantly. I felt fine.

Reactions: 1
I really do wonder what the long term health impact will be - either because people have avoided hospitals during the pandemic or because they got Covid and are left with after-affects.

Goodd luck to all the parents! May your schools administration and teachers be sensible but not alarmaist and your children be happy and safe ❤

• Heart
Will now diagnose themselves as 'depressed'
Agree but how do you ever know which category you are in at the time? Should you wait until you feel completely hopeless before you think you might need help?

So hard with these things to know where the line between feeling down and depression ends and starts.

I think government need to take the mental health impacts into account as much as possible when they make their decisions going forward.

My friends daughter is T1 and she just shared it on FB from one of the support groups she attends but I just googled it and the press are running the story too..Edit to say The Imperial Collage have run a story on it too so seems to be genuine they were monitoring kids in London..
We’ve Just had a million and one reports on stuff like this, it’s hard to consume it all daily and stay sane.
Especially when it involves kids.

Agree but how do you ever know which category you are in at the time? Should you wait until you feel completely hopeless before you think you might need help?

So hard with these things to know where the line between feeling down and depression ends and starts.

I think government need to take the mental health impacts into account as much as possible when they make their decisions going forward.
totally agree, I just worry those with severe mental health issues who are already fighting for help, will now find it harder to access it.

GP’s should just send everyone to @monga for a dose of positivity 🤣 Ya’ll gonna die anyway!!!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.