Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
THIS IS ME!!!! I used to read everything I could find, I watched every press briefing
(I’m not exaggerating I’d watch the U.K. one, the ROI one, the New York one and Trump)
I became obsessed with knowing exactly what was going on where,
I noticed as time went on the media started to get more and more extreme, it’s a constant stream of negativity and “what ifs”

Sure sky news were praying for a second wave before the lockdown had even been lifted! 🤦‍♀️
Schools are only just back and we’re being told the kids are spreading the virus like wildfire and we’re all screwed,
I see very few facts anymore and a lot of speculation and panic,
And what facts we ARE being fed are twisted to fit the “we’re all doomed” narrative.

Im not the type to read into conspiracy theories or believe users on twitter when they argue the headlines,
but having said that, some of the arguments against what were being told right now, about how bad the virus is (at the moment) hold some weight.

my point is, we all need to take a breath and calm the duck down 🤣😂
Hahahaha for sure!!
My question is why are the media hyping this up so much? Like, what do they have to gain from terrified people not spending money?!

Reactions: 2
Hahahaha for sure!!
My question is why are the media hyping this up so much? Like, what do they have to gain from terrified people not spending money?!
I can only assume they want the hits.
the best way to get that is to come forward with the most dramatic headlines which will have the public eager to read or watch more.
Especially when so little is known about the actual virus.

It’s a competition 🤷‍♀️ And fear sells, in my opinion anyway,

also, it’s contagious, fear and drama is contagious 😆 look at what happens on this thread when something is posted, like on all social media, it snowballs and more gets added as time goes on, the bleeping army were coming in at one point 😂🤣😆😂🤣😆 Do we remember that “insider” 🤣😂
Before we know it we’re already onto “wave 3” and the kids are in cages in the school car park and teachers are teaching them via flat screen TVs. 😐

(I’m keeping away from making comment about the government using mainstream media to control the public so they can pass legislations without public outrage btw... keeping right away from that one 😬 for now anyway)

Reactions: 9
Looks like we're heading for our first local lockdowns the CSO was just on the radio :rolleyes:

Seems Sturgeon's highlighted the danger of parents gathering at the school gates ,the clinical director has written to the Education authority to remind them, for the people on here that were worried about that maybe the schools will act on it now..

Reactions: 3
Seems Sturgeon's highlighted the danger of parents gathering at the school gates ,the clinical director has written to the Education authority to remind them, for the people on here that were worried about that maybe the schools will act on it now..
I can’t get away quick enough from the school gates, drop and leave is my style!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This is what annoys me it’s the adults who are jeopardising things but they will immediately be saying it’s schools causing the cases close the schools!

Reactions: 5
Went to get tested today as my chest is a little tight (could be asthma!) and my sense of taste is off.

Because my hayfever has been really bad this year my nose is full of sores, has been since middle of June. They did they test but because the nose swabs came back bloody they couldnt send them off. Told me to phone 119 for advice, I did. Theyve told me to wait till my nose clears up and go back to be tested.

Who knows when my nose will clear up considering its been 2 months of sores already. Do I need to isolate for the forseeable future? 😩

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Went to get tested today as my chest is a little tight (could be asthma!) and my sense of taste is off.

Because my hayfever has been really bad this year my nose is full of sores, has been since middle of June. They did they test but because the nose swabs came back bloody they couldnt send them off. Told me to phone 119 for advice, I did. Theyve told me to wait till my nose clears up and go back to be tested.

Who knows when my nose will clear up considering its been 2 months of sores already. Do I need to isolate for the forseeable future? 😩
Are you able to get the throat swab done instead?

Based on the number of deaths we’re now having each day, and they’re based on a 28 day period, we are actually having days where no deaths occur at all aren’t we? Or am I misunderstanding?

Reactions: 4
Based on the number of deaths we’re now having each day, and they’re based on a 28 day period, we are actually having days where no deaths occur at all aren’t we? Or am I misunderstanding?
They aren't based on a 28 day period, they are people whose last positive coronavirus test was within the last 28 days.

There is a actual day death took place break down, I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edited to add (this is only NHS ones tho):
20200817_153113.png

Reactions: 2
They aren't based on a 28 day period, they are people whose last positive coronavirus test was within the last 28 days.

There is a actual day death took place break down, I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edited to add (this is only NHS ones tho):
View attachment 214588
Thank you for that, I thought I must have it wrong, I’ve found a lot of the reporting to be pretty confusing when it comes to the numbers!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.