Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well there's support there for worried pupils and parents the pupil was in school last week until Thursday so they're tracing all of the places in school that they could have been
I would be concerned if my child attended that school

Reactions: 3
I would be concerned if my child attended that school
Seems the cases are all linked.. they think the kids were mixing at an indoor setting(elsewhere) as there's another 2 cases linked to the cluster but are not in a school setting ..they're not sure if it was picked up in any of the schools involved ,but it goes to show the spread amongst school kids 🤷‍♀️ I'd say parents will be worried by it ..and maybe teachers also..

Reactions: 4
It’s good to see social media is doing what it does best.....

freaking the duck out and calling for a national lockdown 2.0

no. duck off 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I am 99% sure myself and my husband had it in March/April but since we are not NHS it's hard to get an antibody test (they weren't testing for Covid at the time like they are now, NHS 111 said if you can cope at home hang up).

High fever, lost any sense of smell or taste for a couple of weeks. This was about a week, week and a half after a definite exposure to the virus.
same here for me and my husband..to early (mid March) to get tested as although really ill we could cope at home. dontbwork in either NHS or key job so dont qualify for antibody test.
i know about 20 people who also had it, some needing hospitalization. also friends have had elderly relatives die after catching it

• Sad
It’s good to see social media is doing what it does best.....

freaking the duck out and calling for a national lockdown 2.0

no. duck off 🤣
I hope it's not in the Emerald Isle for I've my alarm set for Sept 2nd 😂 23 cases per 100,000 and an emergency meeting to take place 😣

Seems the cases are all linked.. they think the kids were mixing at an indoor setting(elsewhere) as there's another 2 cases linked to the cluster but are not in a school setting ..they're not sure if it was picked up in any of the schools involved ,but it goes to show the spread amongst school kids 🤷‍♀️ I'd say parents will be worried by it ..and maybe teachers also..
Edit to say there's 8 pupils at the same school in Glasgow that have tested positive but they haven't been to school yet ,but are isolating 🤔 teachers deff need some PPE lucky Scottish schools are allowing it..

Last edited:
Dunno if this has been posted yet today but I spsoe even though over 1000 this is the first time in a while I've seen it below the number from a week ago. Only slightly but maybe shows a bit of stabilising rather than rapid growth which is a relief to me.

20200816_234103.png

Reactions: 7
I hope it's not in the Emerald Isle for I've my alarm set for Sept 2nd 😂 23 cases per 100,000 and an emergency meeting to take place 😣
NEPHET are meeting tomorrow to “advise” government.
So they’ll probably advise everyone be locked in their homes with one slice of bread and a kinder bueno until April 2021 - both bars, they’re fair 😐

It’s beyond crazy at this point, schools return in less than two weeks.
They need to sort out the problems with the meat (food) factories and direct provision centres, these have been peoblem areas from day one, it’s why cases in Kildare are so high, but they’ll sweep that under the carpet along with the tourists arriving from the USA daily...
and instead shout loudly about pubs playing mr bright side 😬 which to be fair is a bleeping crime, social distancing aside.

That’s why id refuse to follow a lockdown again 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
NEPHET are meeting tomorrow to “advise” government.
So they’ll probably advise everyone be locked in their homes with one slice of bread and a kinder bueno until April 2021 - both bars, they’re fair 😐

It’s beyond crazy at this point, schools return in less than two weeks.
They need to sort out the problems with the meat (food) factories and direct provision centres, but they’ll sweep that under the carpet and shout loudly about pubs playing mr bright side 😬 which to be fair is a bleeping crime, social distancing aside.

That’s why id refuse to follow a lockdown again 🤷‍♀️
💯 on the meat factories the other half travels down that road on a nightly basis ,that's the first thing he said when I said about cases rising ( those meat factories ),I don't understand how they don't bring a mobile testing unit to the location instead of bringing them to the fair city to get tested ..It's a joke ...and of course we'll be impacted too as they're working together :rolleyes: It's a bloody nightmare ..

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Dunno if this has been posted yet today but I spsoe even though over 1000 this is the first time in a while I've seen it below the number from a week ago. Only slightly but maybe shows a bit of stabilising rather than rapid growth which is a relief to me.

View attachment 214151
Although also the highest number of pillar 2 tests carried out at 122k. We are testing so much more to find the same number of cases we were finding even in June

Reactions: 4
Feel like I’ve gone back a few months to the start of lockdown.

My partner’s back at home working again from today due to rising cases in our town. He’d gone back to work a few weeks in as they could socially distance easily with the number that were in and he found it easier. They’ve now all been sent home again and we’re back to both trying to WFH in the same room. But we also now have his nephew joining us who’s in the training stages of working with him. It’s difficult! Feels like March all over again 🤯

• Sad
Reactions: 2
That’s a massive amount of testing so it’s no surprise infections are on the rise. Still dumbfounded as to why people think this is scary considering deaths are getting lower. It’s great news IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
There's been another pupil from the Glasgow cluster has tested positive only this pupil was in school last week ..The school remains open,but it's concerning they've said..

I really, really, REALLY wish the media would stop with the bleeping scaremongering hysteria.

They’re getting their clicks, congratulations!!!
but they’re working people up into a bleeping state daily.
this continuous panic since early March will have more people in their doctors office or grave than the covid number 19 will 😐

I’M NOT saying don’t read and listen to what’s out there 🤦‍♀️
but please, we all need to remember we are being fed the narrative the want to feed us,
And that will always be the narrative that gets the most clicks.

I’m struggling with the news right now, I can’t be the only one?
mainstream media seem to have become as bad as the daily mail for click bait sensationalised headlines

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I really, really, REALLY wish the media would stop with the bleeping scaremongering hysteria.

They’re getting their clicks, congratulations!!!
but they’re working people up into a bleeping state daily.
this continuous panic since early March will have more people in their doctors office or grave than the covid number 19 will 😐

I’M NOT saying don’t read and listen to what’s out there 🤦‍♀️
but please, we all need to remember we are being fed the narrative the want to feed us,
And that will always be the narrative that gets the most clicks.

I’m struggling with the news right now, I can’t be the only one?
mainstream media seem to have become as bad as the daily mail for click bait sensationalised headlines
You are not the only one.

I really want to stay informed and when I look at the actual numbers I feel positive.

But now even reading the BBC who I would normally trust, I find the narrative switches so much at the moment in the media that it really effects my mental health.

I'm trying just to focus on the numbers at the moment in an effort to stay informed but sane.

Reactions: 12
You are not the only one.

I really want to stay informed and when I look at the actual numbers I feel positive.

But now even reading the BBC who I would normally trust, I find the narrative switches so much at the moment in the media that it really effects my mental health.

I'm trying just to focus on the numbers at the moment in an effort to stau informed but sane.
THIS IS ME!!!! I used to read everything I could find, I watched every press briefing
(I’m not exaggerating I’d watch the U.K. one, the ROI one, the New York one and Trump)
I became obsessed with knowing exactly what was going on where,
I noticed as time went on the media started to get more and more extreme, it’s a constant stream of negativity and “what ifs”

Sure sky news were praying for a second wave before the lockdown had even been lifted! 🤦‍♀️
Schools are only just back and we’re being told the kids are spreading the virus like wildfire and we’re all screwed,
I see very few facts anymore and a lot of speculation and panic,
And what facts we ARE being fed are twisted to fit the “we’re all doomed” narrative.

Im not the type to read into conspiracy theories or believe users on twitter when they argue the headlines,
but having said that, some of the arguments against what were being told right now, about how bad the virus is (at the moment) hold some weight.

my point is, we all need to take a breath and calm the duck down 🤣😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Does anyone in the government’s shielding category have any experience of returning to work in a high risk area?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.