Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also live in a town with a very low rate but people are taking it seriously here .So I guess it does make a difference if you follow the advice after all ..

Reactions: 2
I also live in a town with a very low rate but people are taking it seriously here .So I guess it does make a difference if you follow the advice after all ..
What town are you in in NI? Are you near the border or further up?

I live in a small village in Surrey, people have been quite unaware and personally I think ignoring things.

We have had 3 cases in the nearest town in total, I think anyway. I haven’t been keeping up with it.

Yes I agree the information has been very up
And down, stay home, go to work, masks don’t help but you must wear one.

I think the only reason they backtracked on the mask guidance was so people felt safe and went back to work and to the shops. They were always desperate to save the Economy.

Reactions: 5
Greece have imposed more measures in certain parts ..all cafe's, bars ,restaurants and any place where large gatherings can take place have to close from midnight ..

People were saying the bar was Ok earlier in the day they were following the guidelines but once the drink was in the wit went out pretty quick
They are on the brink of being on the quarantine list . Uk has a limit of 20 cases per 100,000 before they put countries onto the quarantine list, Greece and Crete have just hit 21

Reactions: 3
They are on the brink of being on the quarantine list . Uk has a limit of 20 cases per 100,000 before they put countries onto the quarantine list, Greece and Crete have just hit 21
will there be a full lockdown there again? I see Turkey are struggling also ..

I do wonder if we will get masks made mandatory here. Does feel kind of pointless now seeing as our infection and death rates are so low... but maybe with winter they will change their minds again.

Went to a different supermarket today, super busy, no one managing who came in - people everywhere in your face. Several staff members squeezing past me at times, not leaving space etc. Weird how some shops are still super strict and others have just thought oh duck it. Plus sainsburys here now have signs saying “please wear a face covering” and.... literally no one is wearing one. I’m guessing all sainsburys in the uk have those signs but as it’s not mandatory no one is paying any attention to it and it’s not being enforced.

Actually didn’t even realise 2 households can’t even meet indoors here yet. That’s how out of the loop I am. Drakeford saying no one should be in another persons house just sounds silly now. Everyone I know has visited at least a family member or friend indoors, or been to a restaurant with them. Lots of people on SM who were previously very into the “stay home save the nhs” message are now showing pictures with friends and inside others houses.

• Sad
Someone posted on the local Facebook page about it and a few people seem to be of the opinion well the kids are back at school so why bother anymore.

It seems so short sighted. If there is a local outbreak the school will end up having to close again !

The children are being kept in years group bubbles and the thinking is kids aren't getting or passing it on as much as adults so to me it makes sense that all the adults should still social distance outside the gates.

I don't feel confident in the schools measures though. Things like one of my kids is in a composite class so plays with the rest of his year at lunch and break but then back into the class with kids from the year above. Our school has a lot of composites this year so I do wonder if this is the best plan.
It seems with outbreaks in schools/nurseries they are just allowing the 'bubble' to be off to isolate and everyone else coming in as normal. Seems SO wrong. The whole building would need a deep clean in my opinion.

Also, I've heard of nurseries that are putting ALL kids in t same bubble so potentially 50 kids .. urgh. I want 2019 back, desperately

I'm not sure it's so much that the British public are stupid, of course there are stupid people in all countries.
But the rules and directions we've been given change constantly and at times have been confusing for many. Not everyone has the same ability in understanding.
For so long it was 'masks do not protect you or anyone else from the virus' to now, you must wear a mask.
We had, you must stay 2 metres apart, shops, high streets and businesses all invested in 2 metre signage and set workplaces up to go along with that. But now it's, 1 metre +.
You can shake hands, shaking hands is fine, as shown by our own prime minister. But no, you can't shake hands anymore, elbow bump.
Schools had to close and only reopen to limited pupils, in small bubbles of 10-15 but in 2/3 weeks all pupils can go back to school in bubbles of 30-200/300.

I'm aware that as things move along they learn more about the virus and then alter the rules accordingly but I can't blame people for becoming confused.
Fully agree. But you'd still think (hope) that people want to protect their family and so would realise that the govt are running a tit storm and woul still stay away from people. Keep their circles small. Continue to SD.

Celebrities really should be pulled up for it and for sharing themselves not SD on social media. People absolutely SHOULD be fined for not SD. They do it in other countries and it works.

Spain are seeing nearly 3,000 cases per day now and deaths are starting to occur ,I hope they don't see scenes like last time ..

Fully agree. But you'd still think (hope) that people want to protect their family and so would realise that the govt are running a tit storm and woul still stay away from people. Keep their circles small. Continue to SD.

Celebrities really should be pulled up for it and for sharing themselves not SD on social media. People absolutely SHOULD be fined for not SD. They do it in other countries and it works.
Police in the UK are very lenient compared to other countries IMO

• Sad
Spain are seeing nearly 3,000 cases per day now and deaths are starting to occur ,I hope they don't see scenes like last time ..

Police in the UK are very lenient compared to other countries IMO
There just not enough police officers. #thankyouausterity

Reactions: 8
There just not enough police officers. #thankyouausterity
And the forces are majorly underfunded. They can barely cope prior to covid never mind with all the new rulings etc Boris wants them to magically enforce. There’s simply not enough officers. It’s shown even more how all the public services we have massively need funding put in place and less empty promises.

Reactions: 7
There's been a 5th pupil has tested positive in Lanarkshire ,but the school will open as normal tomorrow as they said they can't prove it was picked up there (the other cases are at different schools )

• Wow
  • Sad
There's been a 5th pupil has tested positive in Lanarkshire ,but the school will open as normal tomorrow as they said they can't prove it was picked up there (the other cases are at different schools )
As it should be in that case, any other way would be ridiculous

As it should be in that case, any other way would be ridiculous
Well there's support there for worried pupils and parents the pupil was in school last week until Thursday so they're tracing all of the places in school that they could have been

Italy's next to tighten up ,nightclubs are to close and face coverings are mandatory with immediate effect ..

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.