Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My background is simply that I look beyond the tabloid headlines and read up on scientific studies from more reliable and trustworthy sources, which has led me to the conclusion that coronavirus is now no more serious than any other form of flu for the vast majority of those who catch it. Yes, it's sad what happened to your Dad but his experience sounds very unusual and the vast majority of people who catch the virus will have such mild symptoms that they probably won't even know they've had it.

Within the past day or so we've discovered that the coronavirus death toll has been overestimated by over 5,000 people and the true number of deaths occuring now is barely into double figures per day. Yes, it might have been understandable to worry about catching the virus back in April when deaths were thought to be over 1,000 a day but now, when you're 5 times more likely to die of flu than coronavirus, why are people still panicking?
I'm interested.... What scientific sourced have you read that lead you to think covid is no more serious/threatening than the flu? - genuine question

Reactions: 4
Just had my first case of mistaken identity whilst wearing a mask. Turns out the top half of my face looks like someone else another woman knows called Shelley. I am not Shelley. She was adamant 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Mine have started to grow into my fringe, I'm unsure at this point what is fringe and eyebrow! Appointment in 3 weeks though!
Wax or threading? I normally have threading but as they hold the thread between the teeth I’m not sure what to do? Mine could have a postcode of their own, they are wild 😜

I'm ok thank you. Not sleeping great but guess that's to be expected. Locks all changed
Just seen your post about the break in ,so sorry to hear that, as if you haven’t got enough going on. I hope they catch the bastard(s)

Bit late in the day but I was hearing about the mass panic from holidaymakers crapping their pants because they NEED to get home to avoid a 2 week quarantine.

MY opinion on the subject, People must have known countries might get added to the UK's Covid quarantine list but they went on holiday and took a chance which has backfired. Now people are spending over the top prices to get back home to avoid 2 weeks in quarantine. Why the mad dash? why not finish the holiday and come home and obey the quarantine? Taking a holiday abroad is risky enough as it is, IDK!!!

Reactions: 15
Personally I don’t think the home kit testing will be as accurate as the ones taken by professionals . We swab every day and the amount of people who flinch and gag are unreal 😂 I reckon most will be going half way and then flinch and not like it and not going all the way back to get the accurate results
I've had 2 tests now at drive in centres and both times we had to do them ourselves. Can't be certain that we did them right... Got negative results both times.

Bit late in the day but I was hearing about the mass panic from holidaymakers crapping their pants because they NEED to get home to avoid a 2 week quarantine.

MY opinion on the subject, People must have known countries might get added to the UK's Covid quarantine list but they went on holiday and took a chance which has backfired. Now people are spending over the top prices to get back home to avoid 2 weeks in quarantine. Why the mad dash? why not finish the holiday and come home and obey the quarantine? Taking a holiday abroad is risky enough as it is, IDK!!!
I agree!
If it’s a risk on Sunday (I think that’s when the quarantine rule kicks in) then it’s a risk NOW!
So all these people rushing home today and tomorrow will go about business as usual because they are not a risk but those who are a day later are considered high risk.
It’s ludicrous.
Foreign travel should not have been opened up so soon but I know it was an economic decision rather than a health one.

Cases are rising - part of me thinks the Government want it to rise now so that the second wave hits in the summer and not in the winter when the NHS struggle anyway.

Went to the post office today - man stood behind me in the queue had no mask on. :mad:

Reactions: 9
I can't understand how they're opening more things up but adding more cities as places of concern 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
None of this feels very sustainable long term. I know we’re waiting on the vaccine but who knows how long that will be. What if it takes another 2 years? Will we just keep opening and closing everything? If this is still the way we’re living a year from now I really do think the majority will just not care anymore, so many already not following the rules & I feel like the longer it goes on the more that will increase. I know there’s no easy options but god give me strength I’ve had enough!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
It would be beneficial ( hopefully) if Boris did an update, with stats, forward planning info, quarantine situation, vaccine update, schools etc etc. There hasn’t been any update for a long time. He needs to show his face before he goes on his camping trip.

Reactions: 13
I agree!
If it’s a risk on Sunday (I think that’s when the quarantine rule kicks in) then it’s a risk NOW!
So all these people rushing home today and tomorrow will go about business as usual because they are not a risk but those who are a day later are considered high risk.
It’s ludicrous.
Foreign travel should not have been opened up so soon but I know it was an economic decision rather than a health one.

Cases are rising - part of me thinks the Government want it to rise now so that the second wave hits in the summer and not in the winter when the NHS struggle anyway.

Went to the post office today - man stood behind me in the queue had no mask on. :mad:
He could have had his reasons for not wearing one 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
It would be beneficial ( hopefully) if Boris did an update, with stats, forward planning info, quarantine situation, vaccine update, schools etc etc. There hasn’t been any update for a long time. He needs to show his face before he goes on his camping trip.
Absolutely ,have they found a willing candidate yet to front the farce AKA the briefing :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2
I reckon the gov are ploughing ahead with their initial plan of herd immunity, but just limiting the spread by keeping certain things closed to 'see how things go'

I am very happy to see that decline in people in hospital suffering with Covid though, that is very positive. Still no hospital admissions from the Aberdeen outbreak. Hopefully our lockdown is lifted next week.

Reactions: 13
Absolutely ,have they found a willing candidate yet to front the farce AKA the briefing :rolleyes:
The silence from anyone with authority is unnerving. Many making up their own rules as it’s not clear anymore what is and isn’t allowed.
On another note I have really noticed the increase in traffic this week, I guess this is a mixture of people at work and others on holiday, school will start to return first week of September. Ours school are having a meeting to decide whether the children return in full school uniform or PE kit whilst the weather is warm. They encourage daily washing of everything and the reality is this isn’t going to happen for some children. At least with sports gear this might be easier.

Reactions: 4
I reckon the gov are ploughing ahead with their initial plan of herd immunity, but just limiting the spread by keeping certain things closed to 'see how things go'

I am very happy to see that decline in people in hospital suffering with Covid though, that is very positive. Still no hospital admissions from the Aberdeen outbreak. Hopefully our lockdown is lifted next week.
We're the opposite here ,but I'm wondering if it's because we've had such few cases that now it's taking hold again we'll be impacted more ? Our doctors surgeries have had an email this morning to say the receptionists have to wear PPE for the full working day as cases have had a significant rise ..

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Possibly, but about 20 years old in a scruffy hoodie I’m inclined to think it was attitude not medical.
I have to admit that I judged someone earlier for not wearing one and then had to remind myself that there could be a reason. To be honest it’d make me feel awkward if I was a person that had a non obvious reason for not wearing one, if I thought anyone was judging me! But like you say, some people don’t have a reason and wouldn’t care.

The silence from anyone with authority is unnerving. Many making up their own rules as it’s not clear anymore what is and isn’t allowed.
On another note I have really noticed the increase in traffic this week, I guess this is a mixture of people at work and others on holiday, school will start to return first week of September. Ours school are having a meeting to decide whether the children return in full school uniform or PE kit whilst the weather is warm. They encourage daily washing of everything and the reality is this isn’t going to happen for some children. At least with sports gear this might be easier.
They've not said anything about daily uniform washing here but face covering for both staff and pupils are at their discretion ..Their really should be some sort of update the scientists must be in hiding 😂 Has Custybert Whitty in the red room ;)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.