Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it shameful reading through their list of demands.

No thoughts given to the pupils futures and wellbeing at all IMO.
Some schools here want to teach 3 days per week ,others 2 and use remote learning to fill the gap . What happens if you've got kids at different schools ,,

Is there a breakdown like this for the uk?
View attachment 207115
Our tests came back negative
That's great news you must be relieved ..

Reactions: 2
Some schools here want to teach 3 days per week ,others 2 and use remote learning to fill the gap . What happens if you've got kids at different schools ,,

That's great news you must be relieved ..
Very. Not that we go anywhere to pick it up, but just never know.

Reactions: 3
I see there's a lot of supermarket workers catching it ,strange as at the height of the pandemic when they had no safety measures in place and people weren't wearing face coverings we heard none of this .Unless it's down to testing ..

Reactions: 6
Going to the seaside tomorrow. Best friend just messaged me and told me she's picking us up at lunch. Going to a beach that's known for been really quite so fingers crossed that it's not rammed. Looking forward to enjoying the sun and watching the kids play while having a long overdue catch up

Reactions: 7
Its been a while since I've been on.

A few threads back I posted about a school mom who has turned into a bit of a conspiracy nut and thinks this is planned etc and that from Jan 1st, there will be Gov officials calling at all households with children and removing the children etc and injecting parents with the vaccine that actually wipes their memories about having a child.

She has said several times that will protect her child and herself in anyway possibly and kept mentioning midnight was her deadline.

Now she's posted this.

I've no way of contacting her, she's blocked everyone she knows on Facebook Inc me so I'm following her on Insta in disguise so to speak.

We have a mutual friend and I'm waiting to see her next week. She said she flounced off Facebook because someone tried to contact her sister regarding concerns for her child's safety.

What would you do if you saw her write this in response to someone's post? Think she's crazy and ignore it or refer to local safeguarding? Her Instagram is full of similar theories and she's obsessed with "them" being paedophile and pizza party and pizza Gate etc and coming after children.

Her comment was in response to someone who had said she was mental after she said all NHS staff should be tried for murder and assisting paedophile as they are passing children to them and killing their parents with fake Covid etc
Sounds like she needs help with her mental health. My young cousin is now diagnosed schizophrenic and at his worst he used to rave about wild conspiracy theories and the Government inserting microchips into our brains to control us etc. He is on the right medication now and much better, but I’d be worried about this person (especially as they have a child) and would consider reporting to the relevant authorities. Could be nothing, could be something; the appropriate channels will work that out.

Reactions: 5
Bit of a first world problem but has anybody returned any items of clothing back to store recently?

I got a dress from Zara and obviously couldn’t try it on. Looked everywhere for my receipt with no success and it doesn’t bloody fit 🤬

Bit of a first world problem but has anybody returned any items of clothing back to store recently?

I got a dress from Zara and obviously couldn’t try it on. Looked everywhere for my receipt with no success and it doesn’t bloody fit 🤬
Take it back, Zara are pretty good. They might give you a store credit though instead of the money . good luck

I see there's a lot of supermarket workers catching it ,strange as at the height of the pandemic when they had no safety measures in place and people weren't wearing face coverings we heard none of this .Unless it's down to testing ..
Do you mind me asking where you saw/read this? My brother is a supermarket worker who is due to go back to work Friday after shielding for 18 weeks. Would like to read a bit more into this.

Do you mind me asking where you saw/read this? My brother is a supermarket worker who is due to go back to work Friday after shielding for 18 weeks. Would like to read a bit more into this.
Sky news are running it ,but I follow an influencer that works in Tesco and someone shared it on her thread and said a lot of Tesco stores are having outbreaks ..Coventry ,Blackburn ..Swindon..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I think the increase in cases is a positive thing really, the more they pick up via testing, the more people who will be isolating. I would be more worried at this stage if they were only finding say 500 cases because we all know there are many more than that out there.

The government need to look at class sizes, that is where the main problem lies.
The schools seemed to manage fine when the bubbles were 10-15 pupils. If the government invested time and money in to the education system, built more classrooms, employed more staff and kept class sizes low then there would be much less drama over kids returning.

Does anyone know when soft plays might reopen? Surely if kids can mix in schools they can mix in a softplay. Limited numbers, adults in masks, ball pools closed as they're hard to clean but regular cleaning of the rest of it. Why are they dragging their feet over it? Or will they wait to reopen until September when kids are back to mixing as normal?

I think the increase in cases is a positive thing really, the more they pick up via testing, the more people who will be isolating. I would be more worried at this stage if they were only finding say 500 cases because we all know there are many more than that out there.

The government need to look at class sizes, that is where the main problem lies.
The schools seemed to manage fine when the bubbles were 10-15 pupils. If the government invested time and money in to the education system, built more classrooms, employed more staff and kept class sizes low then there would be much less drama over kids returning.

Does anyone know when soft plays might reopen? Surely if kids can mix in schools they can mix in a softplay. Limited numbers, adults in masks, ball pools closed as they're hard to clean but regular cleaning of the rest of it. Why are they dragging their feet over it? Or will they wait to reopen until September when kids are back to mixing as normal?
No timescales for soft play, and I don’t want to detriment school opening so would prefer they stayed closed 😬

Reactions: 4

Only one's I saw that are to open are in Wales but no ball pools like you said ,ours were to open but they put it on hold as the R was rising..

I agree I felt safer and classes were 15 when as junior and senior classes can be 30 plus as no infant class size ruling.

If you ignore the right wing source daily mail who clearly tried to spark outrage towards the unions.
The questions they asked were reasonable
That particular teaching union is 1 of the largest 450k teachers who could strike

Still had no plans from secondry school maybe they don't think will happen so they won't waste their time

The children's commissioner thinks if pubs need to close for schools to open then so be it.
She also thinks weekly testing.
However the government seem reluctant to do either as they want to repair the economy.

Scientists wish rate infection woukd go down and track and trace improve 1st.
Chris witty says we reached absolute maximum capacity something has to go in exchange

Parents and kids on the whole and teachers / heads want to go back if safe to do so and plans are good.

Where do I stand at primary or secondary if there are cases but separate bubble..As they saying schools won't shut just the bubble.
Yet primary say staff cross bubbles so do siblings so do these who use breakfast and after school club.
If not in my child's bubble can I keep them home 2 weeks and not incur fines?

I think the comments on work shy teachers and meddling unions who just want to make things difficult are really unfair. I don’t know any teachers who have been just parked up on their sofa doing no work.
“news” sites like the daily mail view workers rights as *red tape* so I hardly think their comments on the matter are worth the 2 seconds it takes to write their articles.
The vast majority of teachers want the environment to be safe for children and colleagues.
Schools would be the first to be blamed if someone’s little dear caught a bad case of corona virus because they haven’t implemented any safety measures.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Soft plays can stay closed for as long as they need they are complete germ factories many with questionable cleaning practices when it comes to the play areas so I’m happy for them to remain closed. When the weather is good you’re better off going somewhere outdoors anyway. I do wonder how some of them will stay afloat though I expect some will end up having to shut down which would be a huge shame.

I’m annoyed at the fact I have to buy new uniforms when the ones from last year seem barely used! I think I’ll look for somewhere that takes in second hand school clothes as it seems a shame to just throw them.

I also agree that comments on teachers are unfair. In my personal experience the teachers at my children’s school have honestly done all they can throughout this lockdown to help us parents educate our kids. When schools opened partially they were all going in on rotation and the ones at home would sort out the work for the kids still at home. No it’s not quite the same as working on the ‘front line’ in a hospital or what ever but I feel a lot of people are so ready to jump on teachers. We need to remember that just because a union says something it doesn’t necessarily mean all teachers agree with it. Good and bad in every profession but teachers are almost resented in this country at times it’s no wonder people are leaving the profession. I couldn’t do it not with all the summer holidays in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Soft plays can stay closed for as long as they need they are complete germ factories many with questionable cleaning practices when it comes to the play areas so I’m happy for them to remain closed. When the weather is good you’re better off going somewhere outdoors anyway. I do wonder how some of them will stay afloat though I expect some will end up having to shut down which would be a huge shame.

I’m annoyed at the fact I have to buy new uniforms when the ones from last year seem barely used! I think I’ll look for somewhere that takes in second hand school clothes as it seems a shame to just throw them.
Local clothes banks will take them or ask at the school, every September I drop uniform in to school for them to distribute to children who they think most need it, I have given stuff away on local buy, sell sites too.

I agree soft plays are germ pits, but i think they could definitely make themselves covid secure.

Not sure happening here but previous years we had uniform 2nd hand sale.
I donated ours to charities they were glad of them.
I brought my son some bits cheap in lilds and charity shops. His shoes still fit.
Got his sister 2 new skirts and polos asda her shoes and logo stuff still fit and she's year 6 so reluctant buy much.
Especially if schools dont open or have to shut again.
I just cant get motivated about back to school this year.

Eldest said smiggle not in city centre anymore loathe the place and the prices.
But I wonder if fact they not allowed tales bags or pencil cases In any more a factor for lost sales.
All mine allowed is water bottle lunch box and coat.
No or bag they wear or uniform whole day.
No swimming.
No trips.

Having a fed up today. I’m incredibly lucky to have worked through the pandemic and be able to work fine from home but my god I’m so bloody ready for my home to be my home again and not my office😩 I have a day off today but it’s so hard to switch off when you’re sat 2m away from where you have been working since the start of March🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.