Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wouldn't it be super helpful if, you know, the govt would actually explain to us all what these tests mean?! 😫

Reactions: 13
Even if it is the case though that it's 2 tests per person, it would have always been that way so it's still an increase in testing. Just more people being tested twice than before 😅

I know there's a 2 week lag but cases started rising again 4 weeks ago and hospital admissions are still on the decline so hopefully a positive sign.
Idk someone's only after saying it's people getting tested weekly for work ,plus it's a lot of young people that are testing positive they don't usually require a hospital stay it's when it filters through they said 🤷‍♀️ that's why it's known as a wave it takes a while to build ..

Some of you might remember from yonks ago that I was worried about going into the city nearest to me to do my finance exam. I did finally G myself up enough to do it and I passed it on Friday!

I went to a garden party with friends yesterday. It was so nice to celebrate something and see them again after all of this time. 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Some of you might remember from yonks ago that I was worried about going into the city nearest to me to do my finance exam. I did finally G myself up enough to do it and I passed it on Friday!

I went to a garden party with friends yesterday. It was so nice to celebrate something and see them again after all of this time. 💜
ooh congrats.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Idk someone's only after saying it's people getting tested weekly for work ,plus it's a lot of young people that are testing positive they don't usually require a hospital stay it's when it filters through they said 🤷‍♀️ that's why it's known as a wave it takes a while to build ..
Hmm maybe but very convenient for the negative narrative for people to say oh well the reason why less people are being hospitalized is because it's just all young people catching it and conveniently not infecting anyone older or at risk for a few weeks.

Is there any actual data on the age range of those testing positive to back up that it's only young people (not sure what counts as young, under 30? Under 40?) Or is this just speculation?

Reactions: 2
Hmm maybe but very convenient for the negative narrative for people to say oh well the reason why less people are being hospitalized is because it's just all young people catching it and conveniently not infecting anyone older or at risk.

Is there any actual data on the age range of those testing positive to back up that it's only young people (not sure what counts as young, under 30? Under 40?) Or is this just speculation?
They've said a lot of under 30's but I think it's roughly 20-50 according to the news..

They've said a lot of under 30's but I think it's roughly 20-50 according to the news..
Can you link please? Surely that covers most of the population in that age range which would explain why the majority of people are in that group...

Love this. Well done

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can you link please? Surely that's just most of the population are in that age range over others?
Don't have the link but the Guardian reported cases in under 30's was rising at an alarming rate

I still cannot understand where all the infections and deaths were coming in lockdown, that were not care home deaths. Where were people catching it?
And surely although cases are rising we are still at much lower level than we were in the middle of lockdown so what are we worrying about?

Don't have the link but the Guardian reported cases in under 30's was rising at an alarming rate
Hmm have googled and can't find anything to support it stats wise so until we see official age stats it's just speculation really.

Reactions: 2
Hmm have googled and can't find anything to support it stats wise so until we see official age stats it's just speculation really.
I don't know I think the headline was don't kill granny ?

Brilliant x

I still cannot understand where all the infections and deaths were coming in lockdown, that were not care home deaths. Where were people catching it?
And surely although cases are rising we are still at much lower level than we were in the middle of lockdown so what are we worrying about?
The Future spread /deaths I'd imagine ...like the rest of the world

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
I don't know I think the headline was don't kill granny ?

Brilliant x
Ah right yes found it - however it is specifically about Preston and doesn't supply any actual data to back up the claim just a quote from Preston City Council chief exec so therefore doesn't represent the UK numbers as a whole. So the whole it's only young people is still speculation 🤷‍♀️

Ah right yes found it - however it is specifically about Preston and doesn't supply any actual data to back up the claim just a quote from Preston City Council chief exec so therefore doesn't represent the UK numbers as a whole.

Well it's must be the same in Wales for they were appealing to the young people to stop gatherings .I know here the clusters are young people ,,

Well it's must be the same in Wales for they were appealing to the young people to stop gatherings .I know here the clusters are young people ,,
Again - Can't find the data to support this so please link 😊 ( and not just articles saying that young people are having more gatherings but actual data supporting that the majority of cases are 'young people' who therefore don't need hospitalization)

I’m so over it all now. You can’t trust the government as they haven’t got a clue what their doing, all the media are lying to us, the scientists pick and choose which stat they want to share to make whichever argument they fancy making that day, and the masks rule is just utter bollocks.

Reactions: 11
Wonder if/when the government will tell those postponed opening places if they can open next weekend. 10pm Friday night? I feel for the beauty industry as they've been royally shafted and getting little to no help. Yet barbers are open doing beard trims and openly flaunting male facial treatments such as facials and waxes! Supposed to be banned yet no repercussions for those doing it.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.