Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not been able to try clothes on in the shop is a pain! I HATE shopping for jeans at the best of times but having to bring them home to try on is a faff 🙄 been to a few shops today, got back, none of them fit (probably due to the lockdown chub) 😂😂
I genuinely have no clue what size clothes I am right now.. some things I have already fit fine whereas others have gotten too tight (joining you with lockdown chub). Can’t be bothered to go shopping if I can’t try things on!! Also need new jeans but can’t be dealing with buying them to take back!

Reactions: 7
The paed we saw said that kids are less susceptible to the virus as the nodules in their lungs aren’t developed. Not sure how true this is.

Its been a while since I've been on.

A few threads back I posted about a school mom who has turned into a bit of a conspiracy nut and thinks this is planned etc and that from Jan 1st, there will be Gov officials calling at all households with children and removing the children etc and injecting parents with the vaccine that actually wipes their memories about having a child.

She has said several times that will protect her child and herself in anyway possibly and kept mentioning midnight was her deadline.

Now she's posted this.

I've no way of contacting her, she's blocked everyone she knows on Facebook Inc me so I'm following her on Insta in disguise so to speak.

We have a mutual friend and I'm waiting to see her next week. She said she flounced off Facebook because someone tried to contact her sister regarding concerns for her child's safety.

What would you do if you saw her write this in response to someone's post? Think she's crazy and ignore it or refer to local safeguarding? Her Instagram is full of similar theories and she's obsessed with "them" being paedophile and pizza party and pizza Gate etc and coming after children.

Her comment was in response to someone who had said she was mental after she said all NHS staff should be tried for murder and assisting paedophile as they are passing children to them and killing their parents with fake Covid etc

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

A few threads back I posted about a school mom who has turned into a bit of a conspiracy nut and thinks this is planned etc and that from Jan 1st, there will be Gov officials calling at all households with children and removing the children etc and injecting parents with the vaccine that actually wipes their memories about having a child.

She has said several times that will protect her child and herself in anyway possibly and kept mentioning midnight was her deadline.

Now she's posted this.

I've no way of contacting her, she's blocked everyone she knows on Facebook Inc me so I'm following her on Insta in disguise so to speak.

We have a mutual friend and I'm waiting to see her next week. She said she flounced off Facebook because someone tried to contact her sister regarding concerns for her child's safety.

What would you do if you saw her write this in response to someone's post? Think she's crazy and ignore it or refer to local safeguarding? Her Instagram is full of similar theories and she's obsessed with "them" being paedophile and pizza party and pizza Gate etc and coming after children.

Her comment was in response to someone who had said she was mental after she said all NHS staff should be tried for murder and assisting paedophile as they are passing children to them and killing their parents with fake Covid etc
Suicide pill? Yikes. Sounds like her mental health may be suffering.

Reactions: 6

Now she's posted this.

That is truly scary her mental health is obviously not good and she must be in a really bad way. It’s hard to know what to do in this situation 😞 sounds like some of the craziness that is talked about in the conspiracy theory thread on here. Hope she gets some help for the sake of her kid.

Reactions: 4
Suicide pill? Yikes. Sounds like her mental health may be suffering.
She's definitely not right but it's everyone else who is wrong that are sheeple and wearing their muzzles (masks)

Worrying thing is that she's getting her 12 year old to research this and get him round to her way of thinking.

He was really into Space and Spacemen in juniors and she took him to the Space Centre in Leicester and met a spaceman etc and took him to talks at Uni about space research etc. Now she's on about all space theory etc being fiction and space is pretty much fake and made up to take away from the truth.

She refuses her and her son to wear masks but then posted a pic of his back but you can see he is wearing a mask as he's pulling it away from his face. The picture is of some flowers arranged in a rainbow and she's moaning about predictive programming.

She also shared a table that showed the UK population going from 66 million in 2018i to 15 million in 2025 and saying that it was due to the Gov planning to kill 1 million a day.

I even said that's not what the table means, it means that the population will drop 15 million over the space of time based on predictions but she ignored that

That is truly scary her mental health is obviously not good and she must be in a really bad way. It’s hard to know what to do in this situation 😞 sounds like some of the craziness that is talked about in the conspiracy theory thread on here. Hope she gets some help for the sake of her kid.
Would you raise it as a concern with local mash team? Or not? I feel compromised because if it was a child at work I wouldn't think twice but I don't know she isn't just bored at home?!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Would you raise it as a concern with local mash team? Or not? I feel compromised because if it was a child at work I wouldn't think twice but I don't know she isn't just bored at home?!
Plenty of people have been bored at home during this time and haven't turned to conspiracy theories and talking about suicide pills, so I don't think that's a valid reason for her seemingly unstable behaviour.

I guess the question you have to ask yourself is if you don't do anything and something happens then how will you feel? You've said you wouldn't hesitate in reporting if it was a child at work and she's blocked you on Facebook so there's not a lot for you to lose (plus she wouldn't know it was you). It would be worrying behaviour if she was just on her own, but factoring in a child makes it more so.

Reactions: 7
She's definitely not right but it's everyone else who is wrong that are sheeple and wearing their muzzles (masks)

Worrying thing is that she's getting her 12 year old to research this and get him round to her way of thinking.

He was really into Space and Spacemen in juniors and she took him to the Space Centre in Leicester and met a spaceman etc and took him to talks at Uni about space research etc. Now she's on about all space theory etc being fiction and space is pretty much fake and made up to take away from the truth.

She refuses her and her son to wear masks but then posted a pic of his back but you can see he is wearing a mask as he's pulling it away from his face. The picture is of some flowers arranged in a rainbow and she's moaning about predictive programming.

She also shared a table that showed the UK population going from 66 million in 2018i to 15 million in 2025 and saying that it was due to the Gov planning to kill 1 million a day.

I even said that's not what the table means, it means that the population will drop 15 million over the space of time based on predictions but she ignored that

My attitude whenever it comes to a child who could be endangered is report it and let the relevant people decide whether to pursue it or not. I have had to do this once before and they ask a lot of questions and decide whether to escalate it further. However she may be no danger to her child but I do think her she may be having problems with her mental health, from what you said she posts a lot so it’s more than just reposting the odd thing she’s seen on Facebook, she seems to be really struggling here. I get so angry with social media and how anyone can post anything and it spreads, there is so much fear mongering going on at the moment x

It’s a pretty extreme way of thinking, not sure it would meet any thresholds, but an investigation could bring up other concerns. If your gut is saying do it - then do it.

Reactions: 3
I've got another week off work so I might just make the call tomorrow. I could ignore it until the suicide pill post and the fact she keeps referring to midnight new years eve as the children are all be taken from 1st Jan.

It just doesn't sit right with me

I've got another week off work so I might just make the call tomorrow. I could ignore it until the suicide pill post and the fact she keeps referring to midnight new years eve as the children are all be taken from 1st Jan.

It just doesn't sit right with me
That is a worry. The likelihood is that nothing will come of it but we all hear about these sorts of things from time to time so it is best to err on the side of caution I think. They will only do something if they do believe there’s a risk and she won’t know it was you. If she’s having a mental health episode she may one day be grateful

I think I would if I was you. It sounds like more than just being bored at home to me. Let the relevant people look into it and at least you know you’ve done what you can then. It might lead to her getting the help she needs and the child been safe😊

Thought this was a good post from Simple Politics to demonstrate how despite more testing positive, hospital admissions are still falling:
View attachment 206409
This is where I'm confused by the continued panic and local lockdowns. More tests will create more positives. But less people are dying or ending up in hospital so surely it's just becoming a "normal" virus that we have many, many of circulating every year?!?

Fucked off with it all. (Sorry for the swear but I'm so fed up)

This is where I'm confused by the continued panic and local lockdowns. More tests will create more positives. But less people are dying or ending up in hospital so surely it's just becoming a "normal" virus that we have many, many of circulating every year?!?

Fucked off with it all. (Sorry for the swear but I'm so fed up)
Usually there is a 2 week lag between infections and admissions. I'm hoping it remains low but I'd imagine the government are trying to be proactive in case admissions become high again and reduce the risk of a national lockdown. Hopefully as evidence starts to show a weakened version of the virus (which we haven't got yet) this will mean we can relax more.

They've said there's a lot of young people that have it so it'll take a while to filter through ,plus on the testing data it states testing can include multiple tests carried out on the same person 🤔 are they counting the individual swabs as 1 test or 2 ?

They've said there's a lot of young people that have it so it'll take a while to filter through ,plus on the testing data it states testing can include multiple tests carried out on the same person 🤔 are they counting the individual swabs as 1 test or 2 ?
God only knows, they make it up as they go along 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think it means the people who are getting tested weekly for work? I asked a while back about it as the stats said tests carried out and people tested, it's so confusing 🤣

• Haha
I think it means the people who are getting tested weekly for work? I asked a while back about it as the stats said tests carried out and people tested, it's so confusing 🤣
I don't understand it either ,I thought it meant they were counting the nose and throat swab as 2 tests but on the same person 😂 so if they're testing most of the same people they must know the infection rate is rising and not down to just increased testing🤷‍♀️

I don't understand it either ,I thought it meant they were counting the nose and throat swab as 2 tests but on the same person 😂 so if they're testing most of the same people they must know the infection rate is rising and not down to just increased testing🤷‍♀️
Even if it is the case though that it's 2 tests per person, it would have always been that way so it's still an increase in testing. Just more people being tested twice than before 😅

I know there's a 2 week lag but cases started rising again 4 weeks ago and hospital admissions are still on the decline so hopefully a positive sign.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.