Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a test this morning. My little one isn’t well. High fever. Took us both. My experience wasn’t great and I suspect that there could be many inaccurate negatives. Handed a test kit. Told to read it and follow instructions. Then hand the kit back. I lost the plot a bit with a tiny babe upset, so not even 100% I’ve done it correctly.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Had to take my daughter to see the out of hours gp at the hospital for a health issue totally unrelated to COVID - insect bites and a rash that won’t go away. Can’t fault 111 was triaged by two GP’s and had an appointment within 20 mins. Was told 3 times they don’t think it’s COVID 😂 no tit it’s insect bites 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thought this was a good post from Simple Politics to demonstrate how despite more testing positive, hospital admissions are still falling:
Screenshot_20200809-154410_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 13
There’s one patient in the entire hospital that I work in. One. No increase in admissions, barely anybody being admitted even as a query when initially it seemed everybody being admitted was query covid. Death figures are a massive improvement going by the ONS figures. Less people needing critical care. It’s like the tide is shifting and the virus is changing. Infections aren’t everything, with the slight increase initially by now we should be seeing admission increases, 111/999 pathway increases etc.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I really wish we were still having briefings, at least once a week. Just felt so much more in the loop of what’s going on and what rules are what. I hate having to try and look and find out for myself and find what media sources are right and wrong. The government are nowhere to be seen anymore.

Reactions: 19
I really wish we were still having briefings, at least once a week. Just felt so much more in the loop of what’s going on and what rules are what. I hate having to try and look and find out for myself and find what media sources are right and wrong. The government are nowhere to be seen anymore.
It is daft they stopped them. Even once a week round up with the information we need would be good.

Reactions: 15
Yup I agree the scaremongering is unreal. I respect Boris for coming out this week and reiterating a very clear statement on schools and education.

Reactions: 3
What do you guys think of Boris's indication today that restaurants, pubs and shops would need to be closed ahead of schools opening in few weeks? Do you think they will bring furlough back for these employees and sectors?

Reactions: 4
What do you guys think of Boris's indication today that restaurants, pubs and shops would need to be closed ahead of schools opening in few weeks? Do you think they will bring furlough back for these employees and sectors?
I don’t think he meant that way, it was more if it had to happen schools would be the last thing to close.

I really hope they behind the scenes planning to assist hospitality, events etc

• Sad
Reactions: 4
They're calling for staff and pupils to be tested weekly a big ask I think..

Reactions: 2
Increase in infections and decrease in deaths is really positive - wish the media would stop putting a spin on it to be a negative thing. Just makes people worried and panic about a SeCoNd WaVe.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t think he meant that way, it was more if it had to happen schools would be the last thing to close.

I really hope they behind the scenes planning to assist hospitality, events etc
I work in a part of the events sector that cannot reopen and we have no support at all and no roadmap out of this.

Many of us have written to our MPs who have done feck all.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
There's talk of secondary pupils having to wear them here ,we will know on Wednesday what safety measures they're putting in place ..

Under 11's must spread it ,the nursery in Bury has 16 kids infected ..
Yes, they do... daycares here, and schools have closed because of infection from young children. I don't know why people think children do not spread it??

Reactions: 3
Not been able to try clothes on in the shop is a pain! I HATE shopping for jeans at the best of times but having to bring them home to try on is a faff 🙄 been to a few shops today, got back, none of them fit (probably due to the lockdown chub) 😂😂

Reactions: 8
Not been able to try clothes on in the shop is a pain! I HATE shopping for jeans at the best of times but having to bring them home to try on is a faff 🙄 been to a few shops today, got back, none of them fit (probably due to the lockdown chub) 😂😂
I really don't understand why we can't try stuff on. When people return items they have to quarantine for a day or two anyway. There is literally nothing bringing us into shops.

Shop assistants on the changing room doors can then quickly wipe down changing areas whilst wearing gloves and mask.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.