Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How come ? It’s on the government website and the foreign office website too plus our tour operator confirmed this the other day
The swabbing goes off the qr code you fill in the day prior depending what number you generate but uk travellers generate the code to get swabbed
From what I’ve seen regarding Greece, you MAY be tested on arrival. They reserve the right to test you and could be doing random checks. My boyfriend is going on a lads holiday in a couple of weeks there (they’re staying in a villa in Crete which I’m glad about as less mingling, but trying to persuade them out of going to a boat party in Malia🙄😂). No idea what cases are like there and if infections are going up or down though!

Reactions: 1
Had my family over yesterday for a barbecue and drinks. Had an amazing time. Was so nice to have everyone together at the same time. Made me quite emotional. Managed to stay in the garden until about 10 then it got a bit cold so we carried the party on inside. Was only my sister and brother left at that point anyway. Laughed harder than I've laughed in months and suffering this morning but loved every minute of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Had my family over yesterday for a barbecue and drinks. Had an amazing time. Was so nice to have everyone together at the same time. Made me quite emotional. Managed to stay in the garden until about 10 then it got a bit cold so we carried the party on inside. Was only my sister and brother left at that point anyway. Laughed harder than I've laughed in months and suffering this morning but loved every minute of it.
Ahh glad you had a good time and got to experience some normality!

Reactions: 4
Until they make up their minds whether masks are effective or not it’s probably best to wear them. I have read that the amount of virus you get infected with can contribute to how ill you get. I’m not sure if that’s proven yet but I can see the logic in it so masks may mean that if you do get exposed to the virus it’s less of it 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yea it’s called virus load , it’s why nurses were more at risk of getting it because they’re exposed to higher amounts over longer periods of time as opposed to the general public x

Reactions: 7
Intresting article seems secondary more risky than primary age.
I guess logically if over 11 have wear masks it her places not schools then sage think under 11 can transmit as efficiently as adults.
A bubble in a senior school is hundreds
Bubbles in primary 30 to 120

Reactions: 2
What an odd article, the body of text doesn’t say anything about the “world’s top epidemiologists saying masks don’t work”. That’s literally a headline plucked from the air. In fact the conclusion is America shouldn’t make people wear masks because “muh freedom” and because humans will naturally not engage in risky behaviour which hardly seems accurate given the growth of cases in the US.
What an odd article, the body of text doesn’t say anything about the “world’s top epidemiologists saying masks don’t work”. That’s literally a headline plucked from the air. In fact the conclusion is America shouldn’t make people wear masks because “muh freedom” and because humans will naturally not engage in risky behaviour which hardly seems accurate given the growth of cases in the US.
[/QUOTE

Yes !! But this is reference to Denmark’s policy in relation to wearing of masks - https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/face-mask-photo-op-adds-to-bewilderment-over-non-use-in-denmark.

I guess logically if over 11 have wear masks it her places not schools then sage think under 11 can transmit as efficiently as adults.

There's talk of secondary pupils having to wear them here ,we will know on Wednesday what safety measures they're putting in place ..

Under 11's must spread it ,the nursery in Bury has 16 kids infected ..

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Yes !! But this is reference to Denmark’s policy in relation to wearing of masks - https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/face-mask-photo-op-adds-to-bewilderment-over-non-use-in-denmark.
Do you read the articles you link? I'm confused about what you've linked this to me.
That is an article on how face coverings are not mandatory in Denmark in most indoor settings, and that their cases are rising. No mention of face masks not working, and certainly no mention of the top epidemiologist agreeing on that.
It does mention that face coverings might not work as well as visors to protect you but face coverings are not recommended for your protection but for the protection of others so it seems like the author of this article has some confusion over face coverings and how they are used in countries outside Denmark.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Under 11's must spread it ,the nursery in Bury has 16 kids infected ..
I've only seen 2 research articles (one done in America and one done in Italy) that say children under 11 spread it and that under 5's spread it more than any other age group. Although one of those isn't peer reviewed yet and both had a really small sample group. So not really cold, hard evidence, more needs to be done to understand it.
I have seen there are studies that they hope to do in the UK on this when schools return which is good as it should give an answer.

Not guilty m'lud!! I've worn my crappy mask so I could shop and that's it. I've run over my Birkenstocked feet, countless times with a trolley because of it too! 😨 @TheJoanCollinsFanClub and I only engage in peaceful protests darling 😘
Citizen Smith 🖖:ROFLMAO:

I've only seen 2 research articles (one done in America and one done in Italy) that say children under 11 spread it and that under 5's spread it more than any other age group. Although one of those isn't peer reviewed yet and both had a really small sample group. So not really cold, hard evidence, more needs to be done to understand it.
I have seen there are studies that they hope to do in the UK on this when schools return which is good as it should give an answer.
Time will tell once full classes are back if it's going to spread it won't be long till it's evident..

• Haha
According to the S Korea study under 10s still get coronavirus and spread it, but they spread it less than older age groups, however 10-19s spread it as much as adults. The S Korea study had a sample size of 65,000 so those findings are pretty reliable imo.

Reactions: 3
According to the S Korea study under 10s still get coronavirus and spread it, but they spread it less than older age groups, however 10-19s spread it as much as adults. The S Korea study had a sample size of 65,000 so those findings are pretty reliable imo.
Yea that is a much bigger sample size than the studies I saw.
These said under 5's had a significantly higher viral neuclic acid level than older children and adults but like I said the sample size was fairly small.

I can't believe we are already in August and schools go back soon. What a weird summer.

Reactions: 11
Are these people that are getting tested asymptomatic ? surely it means more people are showing symptoms if they're looking to be tested ,which tells me cases are increasing ...
I think tests are now easier to book, and a lot of workplaces now insisting on having them (we now have to have a test weekly). Back in June, we were not getting tested at all - and I work in social care.
I think many people are now getting tested. Either because of work, travel or as in my sisters case - hay fever symptoms! Her employer sent her for a test on Friday, because her eyes were swollen and she had a blocked nose. No fever, didn’t feel ill - but they wouldn’t have it. She doesn’t seem to respond to antihistamines, so they will need to accept at some point, that people do just get hay fever.

Reactions: 6
I think tests are now easier to book, and a lot of workplaces now insisting on having them (we now have to have a test weekly). Back in June, we were not getting tested at all - and I work in social care.
I think many people are now getting tested. Either because of work, travel or as in my sisters case - hay fever symptoms! Her employer sent her for a test on Friday, because her eyes were swollen and she had a blocked nose. No fever, didn’t feel ill - but they wouldn’t have it. She doesn’t seem to respond to antihistamines, so they will need to accept at some point, that people do just get hay fever.
Oh it must be different here we only get them if we've symptoms or need to go into hospital for any procedures ..

It was actually 4 - 1 member of staff and 3 children, 16 were isolated as per guidelines.
The press reported 16 ,hopefully none of the others catch it ..The Mail are reporting 3 staff and one child ..

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.