Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good morning all. Trying to wrap my little brain around something here and hoping someone more clever than me can advise.....remember a few weeks ago every descended on the beaches and then we had the large protests the following week? I’ve been watching the figures for a spike in cases/deaths and as far as I can make out there hasn’t been any spikes in the two weeks following these incidents. If I’m correct, why would that be? If the virus is so contagious, why haven’t loads more people got it from being in close contact with lots of other people? Does that mean that a second wave is unlikely? Thanks in advance!
We've had this chat at work (hospital) Before anyone was looking for covid symptoms and people were coming to work with bad colds (antibodies showing up now we've been tested!) Why didn't more people get it! We all work pretty close to each other.

Reactions: 4
We've had this chat at work (hospital) Before anyone was looking for covid symptoms and people were coming to work with bad colds (antibodies showing up now we've been tested!) Why didn't more people get it! We all work pretty close to each other.
Maybe the cold symptoms was it ? they've added 3 more symptoms to the list to look out for ,runny nose/congestion ,nausea and diarrhea..

Update on the brows. Looking better but nothing like having them done at the salon. 😬

Just need to do the lip now. Dont think I can bring my self to wax that. Has anyone used veet sensitive on their lip 😂
An influencer I watch uses Nair for the top lip ..

Maybe the cold symptoms was it ? they've added 3 more symptoms to the list to look out for ,runny nose/congestion ,nausea and diarrhea..

Thanks, I'm going to give it ago. Worst that can happen is three degree burns on my top lip 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3

That's what people are thinking that had the really bad cold then antibodies show up. They recon it must have been covid.

Reactions: 2
I don’t understand how there hasn’t been a spike yet? (Aside from isolated outbreaks in various factories/regions) From what I can tell both the infection and death rates have been steadily decreasing/plateauing ... looking around I’d say a vast amount of people haven’t been social distancing for a good month now. There’s been parties/raves/protests for weeks, and nothing seems to have happened? Is it being outdoors that is slowing it down, then as soon as winter comes it’ll become more infectious? I really do think it’s going to be a cyclical flu-like illness that comes back every year. I really hope it can be managed without having to lockdown on a yearly basis! Can you imagine!

The other thing I don’t get is that every single year the NHS is pushed to the absolute brink with flu and general gastric bug patients. New wards are opened, there’s no beds, patients being turned away etc. Yet we’ve never been expected, as a public, to take any measure to prevent this happening? I know there is a vaccine for flu but even with this in place it’s still rampant. What is so unique about COVID that we have to take measures vastly beyond those we take with other resp illness? before now I would never worry about being a asymptomatic for flu and passing it onto an elderly relative for instance. Is normal flu just not that contagious? I know they say covid is but...is it really? I have colleagues who have had it, and never passed it on to their family members. I feel like no one really knows... and maybe that’s why we locked down “just in case” it was this absolutely devastating killer disease. Maybe now they know more about it lockdown won’t be necessary even if the cases spike again.

Reactions: 12
Oh wow. And when we're you all showing symtpms? Before lockdown etc? There's talk of lots of people very ill over Xmas/January

Oh wow. And when we're you all showing symtpms? Before lockdown etc? There's talk of lots of people very ill over Xmas/January
Over Christmas for the staff I know. All just thought it was a bad cold / flu

Reactions: 2
Over Christmas for the staff I know. All just thought it was a bad cold / flu
My other half works with international students from China and Dubai amongst other countries and he said in January they was some kinda of cold swept through the accommodation block and were ill for about 2 weeks

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Starting next month, airlines in Canada will be doing flights to full capacity and no social distancing. Are they insane? All about money for them I guess.

• Wow
I'm really getting pissed off with celebs and influencers breaking the rules and posting about it. They are role models FFS.

Pmac fitness has just put his latest group work out on his stories. His clients are way too close, even outside... 😳 I bet much doubt that these ladies are in the same household..

Attachments

I'm really getting pissed off with celebs and influencers breaking the rules and posting about it. They are role models FFS.

Pmac fitness has just put his latest group work out on his stories. His clients are way too close, even outside... 😳 I bet much doubt that these ladies are in the same household..
That's about 1m apart shows how close it is in reality !

Reactions: 1
Confirmed cases this week are 25% lower than last week. 7 day rolling average for infections has dropped down to 914 (bearing in mind it was 1018 Friday)

7 day rolling average for deaths is now 116.

Reactions: 13
Update on the brows. Looking better but nothing like having them done at the salon. 😬

Just need to do the lip now. Dont think I can bring my self to wax that. Has anyone used veet sensitive on their lip 😂
Is it hot wax or a wax strip? I wax my face (due to pcos) and hot wax is so much less painful that the veet wax strips, I sometimes veet if I’m being lazy but depends how sensitive your skins is and won’t last aslong

Today is the first day where all I want to do is go for a browse around a shop. I wont because I'm nowhere near ready for that yet and there's nothing I need that I can't get online but just feeling it today

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.