Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I report symptoms daily on an app put out by Kings College London. They have said this week cases haven't dropped for the first time which is in line with the leveling off independent sage has reported.
I will see if I can link the page for you. They've also said they are seeing a North/South divide with more daily cases reported in the North than the South.
So this could be the start of a small spike possibly through those things you mentioned.

Interesting, they make that point but then further down admit they have changed how they are reporting meaning this week and last week are not able to be directly compared πŸ€” feel like they should lead with that rather than putting it right at the bottom.

Reactions: 2
Interesting, they make that point but then further down admit they have changed how they are reporting meaning this week and last week are not able to be directly compared πŸ€” feel like they should lead with that rather than putting it right at the bottom.
They do say they have adjusted the previous weeks stats to account for that, not sure if that is on the page I shared or not? Will have to go and have a look.

This is what it says...

This means that last week's incidence and this week's incidence are not directly comparable. However, COVID Symptom Study app users can view incidence trends directly through the app as we have corrected all of the incidence trend charts for the entire timeline in these plots for this comparison. To access these charts, select the module on the app's 'Thank you' screen that includes exclusive content for app users only.

So only those who have the app can access that information which seems silly. They also let app user access the data they send to the government which is interesting as it contains their estimated R rates and other bits. Worth getting the app just to have a nose through all that.

Reactions: 2
I’d just like to thank @Bobbleowl90 and @JLXRD for being always being so logical and positive with their posts. I genuinely love reading your posts, especially when I feel like I’m having a wobble and getting wrapped up in the scaremongering- FANX πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Two of my friends have just had babies. They both got covid tested in the hospital. Ones can back positive. No symptoms what so ever. This was over a week ago, shes still in good health. Wonder how many people have had it with out knowing.

I went training at work yesterday. One of my work mates and their wife's had it. She was really poorly in hospital and hes still really breathless 3 months on!
I find it absolutely crackers that it can affect some people so awfully and others can't even tell that they've got it. It's bonkers!!

Reactions: 8
I’d just like to thank @Bobbleowl90 and @JLXRD for being always being so logical and positive with their posts. I genuinely love reading your posts, especially when I feel like I’m having a wobble and getting wrapped up in the scaremongering- FANX πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
Thank you. This has made my morning 😊 I try to find the positive stories and info as everything is just so negative!

Reactions: 9
Aww thank you - glad it makes you feel a bit better! I do worry some might think I'm being a bit petulant with always trying to find a positive spin, so good to know it doesn't seem that way to allπŸ˜‚πŸ’•

Reactions: 9
I would like to point out before I start, this meeting is not set in stone. It was merely speculation, we are still waiting for govt advice next week before things are confirmed. Meeting was just to get all staff opinions and reassurances.

They said at the first sight of any major spikes during winter, one of the first steps is ensuring all shielding/vulnerable category are told to WFH, same for any child in the school with a parent with underlying health condition or living with grandparents. The school is in the process of sending a questionnaire home to every pupil so we can assess individual needs if this time comes. Questions that will be asked will be about if they live with grandparents or anyone over 70 and any health conditions in family (not required to disclose this), just tick box if yes as well as access to internet, devices etc! The thought behind this is that any staff that will be WFH can mainly support the children who will stay off also.

There will be staggered school start times for different years in September. Break times will be split with two year groups at a time which will be difficult for lunch - Not sure how they plan to work around this but as we are a small one point entry school so it is feasible. it'll be staggered (year 1/2 outside while year 3/ 4 eat then swap with year 5/ 6 coming having lunch after those years are in class). Dinner ladies will be required to anti bac tables, chairs and surfaces in between each year. There was also talk of children and staff taking public transport and if this will impact staggered approach due to only a certain number of people allowed on the buses and trains esp during rush hour. No talk on siblings in different years and potential for spread in that regard, assumption children will most likely not be carriers so minimal risk.

- In event of school closure which they believe will be highly unlikely due to economy - same procedure as now. Key worker kids and social bubbles, All trainee teachers will have to WFH, not required to come in to school on any shift basis. All work set online - Mon, Weds, Fri using class portals. No teachers allowed to mark work. Weekly class Zoom calls to check in. Teachers check in with parents every 2/3 weeks.

- In event of outbreak in school, complete shut down. Deep clean. Staff required to get tested before returning to work in two weeks regardless of symptoms.

- The school is also reaching out to disadvantaged families in the school who do not have access to laptops and wifi to try to sort this so they are not further disadvantaged. They have currently lent all laptops to students who need them for learning purposes but simply cannot meet demand. The recurring problem seems to be a family of 4 will have 2 laptops however both parents are WFH and using both of them therefore child cannot do school work during school hours or alternatively, one parent is WFH but have 3 children and cant decide which child should use it therefore each child has a day. School is aware a lot of children have tablets and is researching learning apps and such. Oak Academy has been great. Online learning for primary just isn't feasible in my opinion.

Hope that helps!
Wow this is fantastic. So detailed. Thanks so much. I hope other schools are doing this and planning ahead for the what if's.

Xx

Reactions: 4
Guys, all this chat about the numbers is great but I think a big issue has just been glazed over..

Toby carvery aren't going to let you load up your own plates anymore 😯

Not sure I can deal with the shame of asking for 5 scoops of mash and minimal veg out loud πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

Haven't read about harvester salad bar yet - need a break before more bad news πŸ™ˆ

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
My 2 local supermarket s have sent staff home this week after positive tests, so now I'm scared all over again. My city has been a bit of a hotspot this week. My mental health has been declining as a result. I just don't see it getting much better and then Autumn will come with a likely rise in cases. Feeling a bit pathetic today.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I went to a regional shopping centre yesterday - there’s obviously a thriving black market for hair, nail and beauty treatments as the amount of young girls and women with perfectly cut hair, fake lashes (clearly not the stick on type) and claw like nails (🀒) was amazing πŸ˜‚ Mind you, it’s chavvy at the best of times and didn’t disappoint.

Most people followed the direction of arrows but some thicko’s didn’t. Some people didn’t give 2 shits about SD but a quick narrow eyed side glance saw them off 🀨

Only popped up to visit one shop but had a walk around and still a lot of stores closed. The queues for Zara and Primark were ridiculous. I know I popped to my local Primark the other week but the way it was yesterday didn’t look fun. Will be a long time before I go back somewhere like that, not the same experience as it used to be.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
My 2 local supermarket s have sent staff home this week after positive tests, so now I'm scared all over again. My city has been a bit of a hotspot this week. My mental health has been declining as a result. I just don't see it getting much better and then Autumn will come with a likely rise in cases. Feeling a bit pathetic today.
hope things improve near you soon. As long as you're following guidelines, you're keeping as safe as you can and the rest is out of your control.

My poor niece has had her shielding lifted (England) (she is T1 diabetic and has severe coeliac disease)
My sister (her mum) is a TA at my nieces school. As my niece isn't shielding anymore, my sister has to go back to work. (her husband is a key worker so has been working throughout but he temporarily moved out to protect them) anyway, my niece had to return back to school as no childcare, and she's just caught covid-19 πŸ˜” so far she's been okay to stay at home but it's only been a few days, I'm so worried for her.
Really sorry to read this. I hope she into ahs a mild case. It's pretty astonishing to hear how many cases there are in nurseries/sxhools ATM.

Lots aren't even fully closing but just getting the bubbles affected to stay home. Even though other kids and staff have shared corridors/dining halls. Recipe for disaster. This is SO herd immunity but re-packaged.

Reactions: 1
Just had a text off one of my daughters friends parents asking if my daughter would like to come for a sleepover this evening 😲😲

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
hope things improve near you soon. As long as you're following guidelines, you're keeping as safe as you can and the rest is out of your control.
Thanks. It doesn't help when the local online newspaper tells you of all the villages with hotspots that are like 1 mile away from you. I'm still working from home which I am grateful for so I don't have to deal with public transport yet etc, it's just that I went to the affected supermarket around the time the staff were being tested then saw it in the papers. For context I'm from an area the government is currentlyconsidering locking down tighter if figures don't improve over the next few days.

Seems to be that the nation is split between the "what ya worried about"s and the "the virus is still here and still potent".

Tomorrow is a new day and will try to get out of the negative mindset. The heat over the past few days hasn't helped I suppose :ROFLMAO:

Thanks. It doesn't help when the local online newspaper tells you of all the villages with hotspots that are like 1 mile away from you. I'm still working from home which I am grateful for so I don't have to deal with public transport yet etc, it's just that I went to the affected supermarket around the time the staff were being tested then saw it in the papers. For context I'm from an area the government is currentlyconsidering locking down tighter if figures don't improve over the next few days.

Seems to be that the nation is split between the "what ya worried about"s and the "the virus is still here and still potent".

Tomorrow is a new day and will try to get out of the negative mindset. The heat over the past few days hasn't helped I suppose :ROFLMAO:
Think of it a bit like this - if the newspapers didn’t report that then they’d have no news. No click bait for anybody! It’s no fun to them to report β€œzero cases woohoo”. Leicester council have said themselves it’s all speculation with no lockdown plans yet x

I saw on the news Public Health Wales has put out an appeal for workers from the food plant affected by the outbreak to get tested .300 workers have still not presented for a test WTF is wrong with peopleπŸ˜‘

• Sad
  • Wow
Update on the brows. Looking better but nothing like having them done at the salon. 😬

Just need to do the lip now. Dont think I can bring my self to wax that. Has anyone used veet sensitive on their lip πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.