Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What happens if you don't know the person sat next to you (like on a bus journey ) what do they do ?
I guess they won’t be able to trace them. Generally I think the rules are you have to be within 1 metre of that person for over 15 minutes for it to count as close contact (but don’t quote me on that, it’s just what I’ve read online) .

Reactions: 3
Totally. I’m sick of my friends gossiping about so and so on facebook “well they’re not social distancing are they” SO WHAT! That’s their life and their choice. I am following the rules but I am living a totally normal life now. I don’t wash my hands obsessively everytime I touch something because if I start that, I won’t stop. And there’s no chance I’m bringing my child up to wash his hands every five minutes as that isn’t right in my eyes.
Like I said, each to their own but it’s everybody’s own personal choice!
I wish I could agree with this. I don't want to be a miserable stickler for the rules but I feel like the whole 'do what you want. Mind your business' is SO selfish.

Were in this together. If people choose to break SD rules as they are doing it affects everyone....it's so so selfish.

The govt are partly to blame of course. They've not practised as they've preached and they've barely fined anyone for breaking lockdown rules. Then Boris said on Tuesday that now it's not law breaking but instead he's 'knows people will make the right choice'. Will they duck.

Yes we miss cuddles and hugs from our loved ones. That's why the govt should have let 2-3 houses bubble so we can get those important hugs. We could still see others AT A DISTANCE but instead social media is full of people getting close - influencers too who really should be more responsible when they have brand deals to think about!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: 10
I know this may vary depending on regions, but has anyone heard when we may be able to get long term contraception removed? I have the implant but I’m having periods every 2 weeks. I can cope with the bleeding but it’s everything else that goes with it (Cramps and massive mood swings) :confused: it is due to be removed in December but I want it out now. All of the guidance I have seen online just refers to implants being replaced because it’s gone over 3 years. I can’t get through to my doctors without being placed on hold for a long time.

Reactions: 1
The Times are reporting Leicester could be locked down within days as cases have spiked..

• Wow
Could you share what was discussed? Secondary teacher here. X
I would like to point out before I start, this meeting is not set in stone. It was merely speculation, we are still waiting for govt advice next week before things are confirmed. Meeting was just to get all staff opinions and reassurances.

They said at the first sight of any major spikes during winter, one of the first steps is ensuring all shielding/vulnerable category are told to WFH, same for any child in the school with a parent with underlying health condition or living with grandparents. The school is in the process of sending a questionnaire home to every pupil so we can assess individual needs if this time comes. Questions that will be asked will be about if they live with grandparents or anyone over 70 and any health conditions in family (not required to disclose this), just tick box if yes as well as access to internet, devices etc! The thought behind this is that any staff that will be WFH can mainly support the children who will stay off also.

There will be staggered school start times for different years in September. Break times will be split with two year groups at a time which will be difficult for lunch - Not sure how they plan to work around this but as we are a small one point entry school so it is feasible. it'll be staggered (year 1/2 outside while year 3/ 4 eat then swap with year 5/ 6 coming having lunch after those years are in class). Dinner ladies will be required to anti bac tables, chairs and surfaces in between each year. There was also talk of children and staff taking public transport and if this will impact staggered approach due to only a certain number of people allowed on the buses and trains esp during rush hour. No talk on siblings in different years and potential for spread in that regard, assumption children will most likely not be carriers so minimal risk.

- In event of school closure which they believe will be highly unlikely due to economy - same procedure as now. Key worker kids and social bubbles, All trainee teachers will have to WFH, not required to come in to school on any shift basis. All work set online - Mon, Weds, Fri using class portals. No teachers allowed to mark work. Weekly class Zoom calls to check in. Teachers check in with parents every 2/3 weeks.

- In event of outbreak in school, complete shut down. Deep clean. Staff required to get tested before returning to work in two weeks regardless of symptoms.

- The school is also reaching out to disadvantaged families in the school who do not have access to laptops and wifi to try to sort this so they are not further disadvantaged. They have currently lent all laptops to students who need them for learning purposes but simply cannot meet demand. The recurring problem seems to be a family of 4 will have 2 laptops however both parents are WFH and using both of them therefore child cannot do school work during school hours or alternatively, one parent is WFH but have 3 children and cant decide which child should use it therefore each child has a day. School is aware a lot of children have tablets and is researching learning apps and such. Oak Academy has been great. Online learning for primary just isn't feasible in my opinion.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 7
My poor niece has had her shielding lifted (England) (she is T1 diabetic and has severe coeliac disease)
My sister (her mum) is a TA at my nieces school. As my niece isn't shielding anymore, my sister has to go back to work. (her husband is a key worker so has been working throughout but he temporarily moved out to protect them) anyway, my niece had to return back to school as no childcare, and she's just caught covid-19 😔 so far she's been okay to stay at home but it's only been a few days, I'm so worried for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I posted yesterday my daughter has a letter for a random COVID test, half her class have the same letter so they are definitely doing random testing on children that have returned to school

Reactions: 4
I know this may vary depending on regions, but has anyone heard when we may be able to get long term contraception removed? I have the implant but I’m having periods every 2 weeks. I can cope with the bleeding but it’s everything else that goes with it (Cramps and massive mood swings) :confused: it is due to be removed in December but I want it out now. All of the guidance I have seen online just refers to implants being replaced because it’s gone over 3 years. I can’t get through to my doctors without being placed on hold for a long time.
Ive been having a nightmare with contraceptives during this pandemic. My GP doesnt think they'll be doing face to face for contraceptives for at least 4 more months o_O

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I would like to point out before I start, this meeting is not set in stone. It was merely speculation, we are still waiting for govt advice next week before things are confirmed. Meeting was just to get all staff opinions and reassurances.

They said at the first sight of any major spikes during winter, one of the first steps is ensuring all shielding/vulnerable category are told to WFH, same for any child in the school with a parent with underlying health condition or living with grandparents. The school is in the process of sending a questionnaire home to every pupil so we can assess individual needs if this time comes. Questions that will be asked will be about if they live with grandparents or anyone over 70 and any health conditions in family (not required to disclose this), just tick box if yes as well as access to internet, devices etc! The thought behind this is that any staff that will be WFH can mainly support the children who will stay off also.

There will be staggered school start times for different years in September. Break times will be split with two year groups at a time which will be difficult for lunch - Not sure how they plan to work around this but as we are a small one point entry school so it is feasible. it'll be staggered (year 1/2 outside while year 3/ 4 eat then swap with year 5/ 6 coming having lunch after those years are in class). Dinner ladies will be required to anti bac tables, chairs and surfaces in between each year. There was also talk of children and staff taking public transport and if this will impact staggered approach due to only a certain number of people allowed on the buses and trains esp during rush hour. No talk on siblings in different years and potential for spread in that regard, assumption children will most likely not be carriers so minimal risk.

- In event of school closure which they believe will be highly unlikely due to economy - same procedure as now. Key worker kids and social bubbles, All trainee teachers will have to WFH, not required to come in to school on any shift basis. All work set online - Mon, Weds, Fri using class portals. No teachers allowed to mark work. Weekly class Zoom calls to check in. Teachers check in with parents every 2/3 weeks.

- In event of outbreak in school, complete shut down. Deep clean. Staff required to get tested before returning to work in two weeks regardless of symptoms.

- The school is also reaching out to disadvantaged families in the school who do not have access to laptops and wifi to try to sort this so they are not further disadvantaged. They have currently lent all laptops to students who need them for learning purposes but simply cannot meet demand. The recurring problem seems to be a family of 4 will have 2 laptops however both parents are WFH and using both of them therefore child cannot do school work during school hours or alternatively, one parent is WFH but have 3 children and cant decide which child should use it therefore each child has a day. School is aware a lot of children have tablets and is researching learning apps and such. Oak Academy has been great. Online learning for primary just isn't feasible in my opinion.

Hope that helps!
Our school use times table rock stars. We are using spelling shed, they've been amazing and extended our month trail to 3 months. I've recommended it to the teacher so hoping they'll start using that in Sept, if not I'll pay for that. Going to try doodle maths and my mum said she'll pay. Year 4 teacher isn't giving much guidance now, other than negative feedback on work we've sent in 😔

• Sad
My poor niece has had her shielding lifted (England) (she is T1 diabetic and has severe coeliac disease)
My sister (her mum) is a TA at my nieces school. As my niece isn't shielding anymore, my sister has to go back to work. (her husband is a key worker so has been working throughout but he temporarily moved out to protect them) anyway, my niece had to return back to school as no childcare, and she's just caught covid-19 😔 so far she's been okay to stay at home but it's only been a few days, I'm so worried for her.
Hope your neice is better soon. If she was wales or Scotland i think she would still be sheilding..

I see exeter nightingale hospital due open early july do we think given the others beeb hardly used they will all be used this winter?

Good morning all. Trying to wrap my little brain around something here and hoping someone more clever than me can advise.....remember a few weeks ago every descended on the beaches and then we had the large protests the following week? I’ve been watching the figures for a spike in cases/deaths and as far as I can make out there hasn’t been any spikes in the two weeks following these incidents. If I’m correct, why would that be? If the virus is so contagious, why haven’t loads more people got it from being in close contact with lots of other people? Does that mean that a second wave is unlikely? Thanks in advance!

I don’t know if there are actually any figures available but how many people do actually die per week from winter flu does anybody know?

At the trust I work at, we come to a complete standstill in the winter. No surgeries, no beds. We really struggle. Just wondering what the comparison figures are actually like if possible?
ONS will probably have these figures. They plot flu/Pneumonia deaths on the charts with COVID-19 to show the difference. I suspect they will have the numbers you're looking for
That is so sad :( I hope she'll be ok and it won't affect her too much.

Good morning all. Trying to wrap my little brain around something here and hoping someone more clever than me can advise.....remember a few weeks ago every descended on the beaches and then we had the large protests the following week? I’ve been watching the figures for a spike in cases/deaths and as far as I can make out there hasn’t been any spikes in the two weeks following these incidents. If I’m correct, why would that be? If the virus is so contagious, why haven’t loads more people got it from being in close contact with lots of other people? Does that mean that a second wave is unlikely? Thanks in advance!
I am as confused as you. Maybe its not very transmittable out doors.
Maybe the hot weather helped.
Some protests many people did wear masks.
Its all very confusing.
I personally dont think ve day or even people flocking to beaches during lockdown was as big numbers like last month many protests raves and so many going to beaches.
Now pubs restaurants and cinima open up i think we may see spike earlier than winter or regionalised ones.

I know its USA but they sort acted like normal dident wear masks and Florida seen massive spike in cases.

Reactions: 4
I report symptoms daily on an app put out by Kings College London. They have said this week cases haven't dropped for the first time which is in line with the leveling off independent sage has reported.
I will see if I can link the page for you. They've also said they are seeing a North/South divide with more daily cases reported in the North than the South.
So this could be the start of a small spike possibly through those things you mentioned.

I report symptoms daily on an app put out by Kings College London. They have said this week cases haven't dropped for the first time which is in line with the leveling off independent sage has reported.
I will see if I can link the page for you. They've also said they are seeing a North/South divide with more daily cases reported in the North than the South.
So this could be the start of a small spike possibly through those things you mentioned.

Thank you for this!

Reactions: 1
My daughter goes to a primary where they pressed ahead and got all year groups back, although only a third of children are back in reality. They have staggered times for all year groups, and queuing systems to separate the children.

lunchtimes and break times are staggered with classes in separate designated areas and the children have their lunch in their classrooms. They only use their own classroom and are outside as much as possible.

School assemblies are filmed and streamed in the classes via the TVs in the classrooms.

I expect this to continue in September.

*opens door and plonks myself down for another rant* 😂

Firstlt, again I'd just like to say, I hope everyone is doing ok, I read through the posts most days and know a lot of people are struggling for many different reasons so just want to send my love to you all ❤ and also thanks for the funny posts as they really do make laugh 😂 xx

*first rant*
My partners REALLY over cautious (I am too but him, slighly more so than me) and moans if im going to my mums/dads too often (only in the garden) so I'm currently only seeing them once a week just to keep the peace for now (also the weather has either been too hot for me this week or raining) 🙄

*second rant*
I've been worrying about when the rules change next week too. I dont really want to go in my dads house as himself and his partner are both key workers so I'm cautious that theres a good chance either one of those could catch it. And with my mums, they have hardly been out of the house so I didnt want to risk me taking the virus back in there 😩

*third rant*
Then yesterday my brother (who lives with my mum and step dad) announces hes going back to work tomorrow! He works in a bar so theyre all going in to decorate etc before opening next weekend.
So now hes going to be in close contact with all the people he works with and says it will be almost impossible to social distance behind the bar 😩

It just feels like its never ending and I'm never going to be able to see my family properly again 😔😔

*end of rant* (again) xx

I know it’s the daily mail but I found this article interesting

“But the Office for National Statistics reports that the overall weekly number of recorded deaths has returned to normal levels for this time of year.”

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.