Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it hot wax or a wax strip? I wax my face (due to pcos) and hot wax is so much less painful that the veet wax strips, I sometimes veet if I’m being lazy but depends how sensitive your skins is and won’t last aslong
I use veet on my upper lip and it's fine. Smells awful though.

The USA is a bit of a mess. 😐
no idea how they’re gonna address this. I can’t see them doing a turn around on lockdowns
349484CC-CE2F-464C-9626-4FD069429A1D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Went to IKEA today. I’m so sick of queueing. Thankfully wasn’t that bad but I don’t see the point in 2m queueing then free for all inside! Got what we wanted (and meatballs and daim cake for tea 🤤) but I despise IKEA lockdown or no lockdown so won’t be going again for another year 😂

My friend is a community mental health nurse. Her antibody results came back positive this weekend. She doesn’t have a clue when she had Covid as never felt ill.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I'd love the antibody test as both myself and my husband were really unwell early part of the year with flu like symptoms and my husband was that bad he was hallucinating at some points. It completely floored us and we both said we'd never had a cold/flu like it. I lost my sense of smell and taste too.

This pandemic has shown me just how introverted I really am.
I have no desire to go shopping in the foreseeable future or visit people.
I’m quite content in my little bubble at home.
Tomorrow I will be wearing a bra and make up for the first time in 3 months! 😲😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Is it hot wax or a wax strip? I wax my face (due to pcos) and hot wax is so much less painful that the veet wax strips, I sometimes veet if I’m being lazy but depends how sensitive your skins is and won’t last aslong

I use veet on my upper lip and it's fine. Smells awful though.
I normally have a hot wax at the salon.

I was going to just use the creme. I've got some for sensitive skin. But then I realised I used the plastic bit around my bits and Bob's 😒

Might use one of the kids plastic knives 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I was going to just use the creme. I've got some for sensitive skin. But then I realised I used the plastic bit around my bits and Bob's 😒

Who is Bob?!😜 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Our school use times table rock stars. We are using spelling shed, they've been amazing and extended our month trail to 3 months. I've recommended it to the teacher so hoping they'll start using that in Sept, if not I'll pay for that. Going to try doodle maths and my mum said she'll pay. Year 4 teacher isn't giving much guidance now, other than negative feedback on work we've sent in 😔
Yes, we use rockstars a lot as well Hit the Button! We have a new resource we're trialling for reception and early years which we've bought a 3 month trial for in May - its the website Readingegg.com which I think Spelling Shed is a sister company of but not to sure. Reading Egg has been a hit with children and parents the last month - we've extended it to all years to work on reading comprehension, phonics, grammar and live lessons. Very little parental teaching necessary as we knew a lot of parents struggled and had to relearn a lot of content themselves. We also use Oak Academy for Maths and Science but sometimes they're very long lessons for the kids to sit through at home and parents need to be a lot more hands on.

Thats awful about the negative feedback! In my school, we arent allowed to give individual feedback or mark any work sent back as everyone is on such different stages, some kids are on history from 3 weeks ago whereas some are up to date. We just speak generally when we update about how lovely it is to see pictures, work and what they're up to.

Reactions: 3
It was my birthday on Thursday so I’ve spent the last few days with my boyfriend, it was only the second time I’ve seen him since March. Life slowly feels like it’s getting back to normal. Booked in at my favourite restaurant for next Saturday as a belated birthday meal and I can’t wait! I haven’t been to any shops yet but maybe in the next couple of weeks I’ll go into Nottingham centre. Happy to be keeping my circle small (I’m in a house share with one other girl, we both agreed that we’re happy to have one house each to visit so we aren’t mingling too much). My current situation works for me and I’m feeling much more positive. Just wish I was back in the office sooner than October but also very thankful to have a 100% secure job.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just had a text off one of my daughters friends parents asking if my daughter would like to come for a sleepover this evening 😲😲
I get this every week for my teenage son
Hard enough keeping him in as it is. They now genuinely think I am the only person bothered about this

I normally have a hot wax at the salon.

Lol! I just use my finger 😂😂😂 and tissue to remove

Went to IKEA today. I’m so sick of queueing. Thankfully wasn’t that bad but I don’t see the point in 2m queueing then free for all inside! Got what we wanted (and meatballs and daim cake for tea 🤤) but I despise IKEA lockdown or no lockdown so won’t be going again for another year 😂

My friend is a community mental health nurse. Her antibody results came back positive this weekend. She doesn’t have a clue when she had Covid as never felt ill.
You don’t have to have had covid to develop antibodies

Reactions: 1
I would like some opinions please.

I have a finance exam in Birmingham in 13th July. The exam board is the CII if anyone knows it. Anyway, I have had to rebook it several times. The first time because my Crohn’s disease was flaring and I was in the hospital. The next few times because of coronavirus and that they didn’t have the ability to do the exams remotely yet. I was relying on the fact that shielding would end on 30th June to honour the booking. It has obviously now been extended until the end of July. I have since had an email that my exam will now be going ahead but that everyone will be expected to distance two metres apart and wear masks at all times. Usually, calculators and pens are provided but they won’t be now. The email has made me feel really anxious and I would also have to use the train to get to the exam as I don’t live in the City.

There is the option of doing the exam from home with webcam invigilating and screen sharing so that they can check you aren’t cheating. I think that the best option is this. However, if they offer me a date after the end of August then I would have to learn a whole new textbook as the current syllabus would have expired. I’m worried about cancelling the booking that I have. What would you do if you were me? I feel like crying. 🙁

• Sad
Yes, we use rockstars a lot as well Hit the Button! We have a new resource we're trialling for reception and early years which we've bought a 3 month trial for in May - its the website Readingegg.com which I think Spelling Shed is a sister company of but not to sure. Reading Egg has been a hit with children and parents the last month - we've extended it to all years to work on reading comprehension, phonics, grammar and live lessons. Very little parental teaching necessary as we knew a lot of parents struggled and had to relearn a lot of content themselves. We also use Oak Academy for Maths and Science but sometimes they're very long lessons for the kids to sit through at home and parents need to be a lot more hands on.

Thats awful about the negative feedback! In my school, we arent allowed to give individual feedback or mark any work sent back as everyone is on such different stages, some kids are on history from 3 weeks ago whereas some are up to date. We just speak generally when we update about how lovely it is to see pictures, work and what they're up to.
My eldest loves ttrs, especially when they do a battle against another year 3/4 class. Just tried doodle maths, it's got a weird robot voice and makes no sense so I will be cancelling that 🤣 we did reading eggs and they loved that but wasn't sure it was enough for the eldest? She'll be 9 in August and it gave her a reading age of 6.75.

They said they were really disappointed in her effort, she's missed bits, mentioned again they are very disappointed etc. Please can she redo it.
She did the bits she could and she got frustrated with the rest so we left bits blank. I even told her some of the answers but she wouldn't write them down 🤷‍♀️

I would like some opinions please.

I have a finance exam in Birmingham in 13th July. The exam board is the CII if anyone knows it. Anyway, I have had to rebook it several times. The first time because my Crohn’s disease was flaring and I was in the hospital. The next few times because of coronavirus and that they didn’t have the ability to do the exams remotely yet. I was relying on the fact that shielding would end on 30th June to honour the booking. It has obviously now been extended until the end of July. I have since had an email that my exam will now be going ahead but that everyone will be expected to distance two metres apart and wear masks at all times. Usually, calculators and pens are provided but they won’t be now. The email has made me feel really anxious and I would also have to use the train to get to the exam as I don’t live in the City.

There is the option of doing the exam from home with webcam invigilating and screen sharing so that they can check you aren’t cheating. I think that the best option is this. However, if they offer me a date after the end of August then I would have to learn a whole new textbook as the current syllabus would have expired. I’m worried about cancelling the booking that I have. What would you do if you were me? I feel like crying. 🙁
I can completely understand why this has made you so anxious. So sorry this has happened through no fault of your own. As if there’s not enough going on to deal with right now. I’m guessing you can’t do the exam from home on July 13th?

Really? So how do you develop antibodies? Sorry if that sounds a bit dim. I didn’t know that x
I only know this because I have immunity and antibodies to TB . I was tested at school and didn’t need the vaccine and retested when I was a student nurse and then when I qualified . I came into contact with it when I was a baby and developed antibodies . Doctors say my body developed it’s own antibodies to it without becoming ill and fought it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.