Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So how many of you are back at work?

I’m self employed and work from home anyway but only able to work 50-60% of my normal hours due to a, home schooling and b, not able to do my usual work as it involves having customers in my house which I can obviously no longer do.

Reactions: 1
I'm not back at work, furloughed but handing in my notice next week.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
We’re due to go away to Malta in December and I’m ok about that as it’ll be a quiet holiday and still months away (6 months ago we didn’t even know what covid was so who knows what another 6 will bring). I definitely think it’ll be a while until I’m comfortable to go to a night club though. They’re definitely rushing it, I’ve tried suggesting planning it all but for next summer. I won’t be seeing him for a good few weeksonce he comes home if it goes ahead!!

Greece - Crete and then drive to Malia!

Oh I would love a night out but I definitely don’t think I’d feel comfortable doing it for a while yet!! I think August is optimistic and it won’t go ahead. Also a massive waste of money if they get out there and have to distance/wear masks everywhere etc.
Mailas a tit hole. Corona would be the least of my worries 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What do you do?! How do you feel about going back? x
Cleaning, erm tbh not that great lol I knew id have to go back at some point but they've given no specific guidance to me personally as I'm the only the cleaner and no mention of ppe. Theyve only given the general stay 2m away from others and wash your hands. I'm also now clinically vulnerable so will have to see what they say to me tomorrow. Quite anxious tbh as I thought we'd be furloughed til end of the month 😕

• Sad
Cleaning, erm tbh not that great lol I knew id have to go back at some point but they've given no specific guidance to me personally as I'm the only the cleaner and no mention of ppe. Theyve only given the general stay 2m away from others and wash your hands. I'm also now clinically vulnerable so will have to see what they say to me tomorrow. Quite anxious tbh as I thought we'd be furloughed til end of the month 😕
Aw I’m sorry to hear that about no mention of PPE. I also understand your anxiety, especially if you’re clinically vulnerable..... I am shielding and I’m so anxious at the thought of going outside properly and into other buildings etc. I’ve only been to the drs twice in 12 weeks for routine bloods and was so nervous both times!
Can you broach the subject of PPE with them or manage to get some yourself?! x

Aw I’m sorry to hear that about no mention of PPE. I also understand your anxiety, especially if you’re clinically vulnerable..... I am shielding and I’m so anxious at the thought of going outside properly and into other buildings etc. I’ve only been to the drs twice in 12 weeks for routine bloods and was so nervous both times!
Can you broach the subject of PPE with them or manage to get some yourself?! x
I'm going ask them tomorrow if they will be prepared to order me some otherwise I will get my own, same ive not been out anywhere apart from the doctors since March, sent my husband out every week to the supermarket 🤣 the thought of being around people again is making me feel ill 😫🙉 i suffer with anxiety anyway but now its gone thru the roof lol x

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hubby and I have worked throughout. I am working 50% of my hours - 6-10 in the office then pick up the childcare so hubby can work in our bedroom. Currently using my dressing table as his desk. Working fine but both finding it hard to do all we need to, luckily both employers are great and not applying pressure.

Reception daughter currently not going back to school - wasn’t sending her but still fretting about her falling behind. Trying to homeschool but doing basic reading, writing and maths. Feel like I am failing her with it and getting more angry by the day that her first year at school is how it is.

Almost 2 year old son isn’t going back to nursery - term time only so by the time it opens again he’ll be finishing. He’s really come on and benefitting from being at home. It’s been nice seeing him change so much but bittersweet family are missing out on him.

We use nursery three days a week, daughter collected from school by my Mum Monday to Thursday and has son on Thursday too. If schools go part time then it’d be doable to cover between us but there’s only so long work will be so accommodating I think. Being able to use Grandparents to help would be a massive help - Mum is 65 and Dad 70.

I feel like I’m doing everything half baked - only doing my job 50%, a shocking teacher and then because I’m with the kids so much, worried etc I’m not as patient with them - so feel like a rubbish Mum too.
If it makes you feel any better, kids in loads of other countries don’t even start school until the age of 7, and they most commonly have better academic outcomes at the age of 16 so 🤷‍♀️. At your daughters age she is absolutely fine to just play, get a bit of fresh air each day, lots of love and cuddles etc. If she is fed, generally happy, and kept busy, you’re doing just fine!!!

I've just been given 2.5 days notice to return to work 😂
Boris is that you? twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've been furloughed since lockdown started. I work in the hospitality industry and we have just been told today that we are looking at redundancies and should find out by Friday. Feel sick.
Husband has worked throughout as he is a key worker.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
If it makes you feel any better, kids in loads of other countries don’t even start school until the age of 7, and they most commonly have better academic outcomes at the age of 16 so 🤷‍♀️. At your daughters age she is absolutely fine to just play, get a bit of fresh air each day, lots of love and cuddles etc. If she is fed, generally happy, and kept busy, you’re doing just fine!!!

Boris is that you? twit.
Fuckin may as well have been boris Haha you'd think they'd of given me a week at least lol

• Haha
Sorry if this has already been discussed but does anyone think the shielding in England will be extended now that Scotland and Wales have extended theirs?

Never stopped, first few weeks did half in half at home and slowly built up to being in every day. Husband got furloughed Friday just because of the cut off date of the 10th!

Sorry if this has already been discussed but does anyone think the shielding in England will be extended now that Scotland and Wales have extended theirs?
I think we’ll have to be pretty much covid free (like NZ now) before the shielded are allowed to live their normal lives again.

it kinda feels like the virus is gone, everywhere seems back to normal, it’s so odd to say but it feels like lockdown never even happened.

i mean apart from the kids having a ten month summer and the 2M markers everywhere. 😬
masks never seemed to take off here, and social distancing was an urban myth.

Reactions: 8
it kinda feels like the virus is gone, everywhere seems back to normal, it’s so odd to say but it feels like lockdown never even happened.

i mean apart from the kids having a ten month summer and the 2M markers everywhere. 😬
masks never seemed to take off here, and social distancing was an urban myth.
I think everyone is so fed up of staying in for so long they want to get back to normal ( as much as they can) but it doesn't mean we should.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.