Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she'd like it the other way about πŸ˜‚
No bloody way while Im asleep she'd sniff out my chocolate biscuits, plonk her hairy arse on the face of my Rishi cushion and watch Daniel O Donnell videos all night. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Feel it's necessary to report that I just had a McDonalds cheeseburger and it was GLORIOUS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
No bloody way while Im asleep she'd sniff out my chocolate biscuits, plonk her hairy arse on the face of my Rishi cushion and watch Daniel O Donnell videos all night. :giggle:
Or worse she might :poop: all over your Boyzone collection and scratch your Paddington 2 dvd:oops:😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think it's if they send out say 10,000 tests only 5,000 of those could actually be lab tested on that day depending on man power etc
Some.people are tested.more than once.e.g. in hospital. On arrival and on discharge.

Also some.doctots don't believe negative results and so re-test

I believe one person has at least 2 swabs (nose and throat), that is counted as 2 seperate tests in the figures. So 100,000 tests could be 50,000 people.
I've had that and you use the same swab. Firstly in your throat for 20secs then in your nose. That's ridiculous if the govt are classing that as 2 tests. The same swab goes in the plastic tube to be sent off for testing....

Seems far too soon to be booking a holiday. .I'd use the reasoning that for all we know we could end up back in another lockdown by august that restricts travel entirely...
far too risky!
Devils advocate - go on hol whilst you can. Before potential wave his in the winter months...

@prinnygrace you guys are in your 20s I believe... very low risk unless other conditions. A villa sounds much safer than stating in a hotel on the strip! (Ive got flights booked for Aug and desperate to get away but will probably be sensible and cancel and lose my money as Ryanair will be dicks and not cancel!!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm a bit iffy, all of my kids have big years ahead but i'm shielding, which has just been extended to end of July. Except my son is meant to go into his new secondary school for the first time with 10 others in his bubble and a teacher (with no learning support or help that he was meant to have as they scaled back all support at the start of this) surely if i'm shielding he can't go? - feeling super guilty and stressed and like my kids are going to be way behind, but on the other hand. I'm tempted to hide them away till next year (i think itll be around for a while yet).

• Sad
Reactions: 1
So how many of you are back at work?
I've been working from home on reduced hours throughout.
We're starting to bring people back into office as of the 15th June (insurance)

Sorry if this has already been discussed but does anyone think the shielding in England will be extended now that Scotland and Wales have extended theirs?
I think it will

I'm a bit iffy, all of my kids have big years ahead but i'm shielding, which has just been extended to end of July. Except my son is meant to go into his new secondary school for the first time with 10 others in his bubble and a teacher (with no learning support or help that he was meant to have as they scaled back all support at the start of this) surely if i'm shielding he can't go? - feeling super guilty and stressed and like my kids are going to be way behind, but on the other hand. I'm tempted to hide them away till next year (i think itll be around for a while yet).
I personally wouldn't send him if you're shielding, but it's a very personal decision

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I’m so happy to wake up to the Chester Zoo news!!! It’s only about 10 minutes away from me so I’ll be fitting in as many trips as I canπŸ’—πŸ’—

Someone on GMB is saying that the newest statistic is that you’re more likely to be struck by lightening than die from COVID.

I think it’s time to end lockdown fully..

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Woke up to the good news about Chester Zoo πŸ™Œ
Was practically skipping round my kitchen, my kids were giving me the proper side eye and my eldest said he just wants ice cream from the zoo πŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.