Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feeling down today. Had planned to go see my parents this weekend after almost 3 months of not seeing them but the weather is awful so can't sit in the garden. Missing life and being able to go outside and have fun. Feel like the world we once knew is gone. Don't feel safe going outside at all so not having my allowed daily walks and I'm worried that I'll never get back to the way I was before this.
Maybe take things slowly - go for a short walk where you live, aim to go just one street further a day or even a week. Go at a time you know it will be quiet, then change that time after a week or two to build your confidence up?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Maybe take things slowly - go for a short walk where you live, aim to go just one street further a day or even a week. Go at a time you know it will be quiet, then change that time after a week or two to build your confidence up?
I built up the confidence last week and was out for an hour with my husband and my daughter but all this talk of incresed R rates and the daily deaths seeming to be at a plateau it's put the fear of God in me again. I feel I'm much happier sitting for a few weeks and seeing what happens with the numbers now that things are easing but then I also know that the longer this goes on the harder it'll get

Reactions: 2
I built up the confidence last week and was out for an hour with my husband and my daughter but all this talk of incresed R rates and the daily deaths seeming to be at a plateau it's put the fear of God in me again. I feel I'm much happier sitting for a few weeks and seeing what happens with the numbers now that things are easing but then I also know that the longer this goes on the harder it'll get
What about just going for a drive in the car? Not getting out just a change of scenery?

Reactions: 3
Well done Scotland! Zero deaths overnight!

Just read that it’s estimated over 60 million people will live in “extreme poverty” due to covid. Devastating. More people will die of other things rather than the virus itself. Said it all along.
I also said it. The poverty people will be plunged into will be devastating. I wish people would just adhere to the lockdown and social distancing because we could avoid mass poverty like this. Coronavirus will haunt us for many years to come sadly.

Reactions: 4
I think it’s showing in the behaviour and mental health of many children, one of mine included. It’s a tricky one but at some point it’s going to have to happen.

I had initially said no to my child going, then the date got pushed back a few weeks to end of June so I was starting to reconsider....but then after just 4 days open school is now closed again FOR 2 WEEKS following a positive case 😭

So at this point for continuity I am sticking with the NO. I can't think of anything worse than having them all in and out of school on and off like that, us all having to isolate, kids at school on different days potentially. I do feel lucky we have had fantastic home learning set and I was in position to pay for some online homeschooling programmes also .

• Sad
Reactions: 7
What about just going for a drive in the car? Not getting out just a change of scenery?
We don't have a car. It was on the agenda before lockdown as my husband has a company van which we can't all fit in. He's on a tracker so not supposed to use it especially while off on furlough. He could maybe get away with it on a weekend if he told them he was collecting shopping but wouldn't be able to go far

• Sad
I also said it. The poverty people will be plunged into will be devastating. I wish people would just adhere to the lockdown and social distancing because we could avoid mass poverty like this. Coronavirus will haunt us for many years to come sadly.
It really doesn’t surprise me about people being in poverty.

I’m furloughed but I work in hospitality and I know that when we open it won’t be the same at all. They won’t need as many staff and there won’t be a furlough scheme in place so they’ll have to let us go and I’ll be one of the first. I worry a lot about my future. I’ve started looking for a job but it’s almost impossible to find something right now to start in a few months or so. I’d start now but I’ve got no childcare 😖

• Sad
I had initially said no to my child going, then the date got pushed back a few weeks to end of June so I was starting to reconsider....but then after just 4 days open school is now closed again FOR 2 WEEKS following a positive case 😭

So at this point for continuity I am sticking with the NO. I can't think of anything worse than having them all in and out of school on and off like that, us all having to isolate, kids at school on different days potentially. I do feel lucky we have had fantastic home learning set and I was in position to pay for some online homeschooling programmes also .
That's the thing with all this the way people have to keep isolating ,how are employers going to deal with it all . It'll be a nightmare ..

Reactions: 3
If it is 77 final figure than I expect it to go up a fair bit during the week, with figures actually from the weekend, just to make it rise and get people worrying and not explain its a delay in figures! That’s what they like to do at the moment.

If it is 77 final figure than I expect it to go up a fair bit during the week, with figures actually from the weekend, just to make it rise and get people worrying and not explain its a delay in figures! That’s what they like to do at the moment.
I think it's 77 final figures - last weekend we were in the low 100s so i was expecting/hoping for it to go below 100 this weekend.

I know there will be a jump on Tuesday but the 7 day rolling is looking on a downward trend again now so that is positive.

That’s fab - it was 130 something last Sunday so quite a sustainable drop. If it keeps dropping every week then we are getting there. Finally.

Reactions: 5
We are definitely getting there! I know some people think we are going to have a rise in a few weeks but I don’t believe we will have a massive spike or second wave. I think they are just trying to terrify people now. Just have to be positive and see how much it’s going down! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yes just read it's hospital deaths. Doesn't seem to be any full fugures for today 🤷‍♀️
Is there is no briefing at weekends anymore ? unless the news report the full figure later. We had none here and I think about 7 all week so it is low atm..

Is there is no briefing at weekends anymore ? unless the news report the full figure later. We had none here and I think about 7 all week so it is low atm..
Apparently the ratings were low over the werkends so they've ditched them

Reactions: 1
The Department of Health and Social Care twitter publishes the official UK figures every day and they're saying 77 for overall deaths.

Reactions: 1
The Department of Health and Social Care twitter publishes the official UK figures every day and they're saying 77 for overall deaths.
That's great. Much lower. I imagine it'll increase again over the week though but we shall see

Sky news and a lot of the papers are saying hospital so idk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.