Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
nice to see the numbers continue to decrease.
I'm sure they will go up again, but I don't think we'll get as high as we were again. At least I think it's unlikely.

Reactions: 3
nice to see the numbers continue to decrease.
I'm sure they will go up again, but I don't think we'll get as high as we were again. At least I think it's unlikely.
I really hope so too - I keep thinking even if it goes as high as it was at the start of lockdown the NHS coped then... and that was through all the PPE/ventilator shortages and without the nightingale hospitals. I am trying not to be too optimistic though as I don’t think we’re out of the woods yet!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I really hope so too - I keep thinking even if it goes as high as it was at the start of lockdown the NHS coped then... and that was through all the PPE/ventilator shortages and without the nightingale hospitals. I am trying not to be too optimistic though as I don’t think we’re out of the woods yet!
Good point!
and like somebody mentioned on here the other day - we are now including all settings. The figures of 1000+ at the start were only hospital deaths!

Reactions: 5
As much as the media would love you to believe that deaths are plateauing, yes it is a small decrease but the main thing is we are seeing the numbers go down.

I’m also of the belief now that we won’t be seeing a second peak. People have focused far too much on the trend of the Spanish flu, over looking at what has gone on in countries around us. I don’t believe these protests will bring a high increase either. What the media doesn’t want you to see is that at most of the protests people socially distanced, behaved sensibly, protested and went home. They will always zone in on the negatives because that’s what draws in people’s attention.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
As much as the media would love you to believe that deaths are plateauing, yes it is a small decrease but the main thing is we are seeing the numbers go down.

I’m also of the belief now that we won’t be seeing a second peak. People have focused far too much on the trend of the Spanish flu, over looking at what has gone on in countries around us. I don’t believe these protests will bring a high increase either. What the media doesn’t want you to see is that at most of the protests people socially distanced, behaved sensibly, protested and went home. They will always zone in on the negatives because that’s what draws in people’s attention.
Totally agree with you. There was never a second spike after Easter, never a second spike after VE celebrations.The Spanish flu model is very outdated. The numbers are going down.

• Heart
That's the thing with all this the way people have to keep isolating ,how are employers going to deal with it all . It'll be a nightmare ..
We have our own business and I can run it from our home office so me personally working and having the kids here at home is no issue but just this week we have had 3 employees off , I understand why this has to be in place but when you have planned and budgeted for a project completing it's a nightmare logistically. Unfortunately I also have a feeling 2 of them are totally playing on it and were just hungover/ not arsed coming in .

Totally agree with you. There was never a second spike after Easter, never a second spike after VE celebrations.The Spanish flu model is very outdated. The numbers are going down.
Exactly people have been banging on about this 2nd wave since April especially after the bank holidays ( how many bank holidays have we had now 3) still no 2nd wave to be seen .

Reactions: 10
The Spanish Flu was very, very different in how it impacted upon the body, never mind the fact that healthcare systems have developed so much in the last 100 years. The numbers have continued to fall and most of the days where more deaths have been reported are mainly ‘older’ deaths that have been reported later on.

I know people find it hard to find the positives within this situation for so many reasons but it becomes infuriating every time we see positive trends or news, it always seems to be ‘well this is happening, let’s see in 2 weeks, still too many.’ - I’m just editing to say I feel like this could completely be perceived wrong and this isn’t aimed at any person in particular. We all have our own reasons for feeling frustrated/worried about the virus but I feel personally like the negativity is everywhere, not just on this thread, even from some family members.

The deaths will always trail behind. But less people are needing intensive care for it. More people are getting help sooner. Less people are being infected, even with increased testing and the eligibility for testing being opened up to everybody. Less people are having to go to hospital.

It is truly heartbreaking how many people have lost their lives, lost somebody they love and care about, but this lockdown is now going to be worse for some of our lives going forward than the threat of the virus ever was.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The Spanish Flu was very, very different in how it impacted upon the body, never mind the fact that healthcare systems have developed so much in the last 100 years. The numbers have continued to fall and most of the days where more deaths have been reported are mainly ‘older’ deaths that have been reported later on.

I know people find it hard to find the positives within this situation for so many reasons but it becomes infuriating every time we see positive trends or news, it always seems to be ‘well this is happening, let’s see in 2 weeks, still too many.’ - I’m just editing to say I feel like this could completely be perceived wrong and this isn’t aimed at any person in particular. We all have our own reasons for feeling frustrated/worried about the virus but I feel personally like the negativity is everywhere, not just on this thread, even from some family members.

The deaths will always trail behind. But less people are needing intensive care for it. More people are getting help sooner. Less people are being infected, even with increased testing and the eligibility for testing being opened up to everybody. Less people are having to go to hospital.

It is truly heartbreaking how many people have lost their lives, lost somebody they love and care about, but this lockdown is now going to be worse for some of our lives going forward than the threat of the virus ever was.
I read the quote ‘ The cure could kill more than the cause’ 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Not to mention the Spanish flu was 100 years ago - whilst there were newspapers then, the information available to us and the way we have all received the messaging around guidelines is allowing us to prevent a further wave of infection in a way they never could have back then.

Love to hear a expert (epidemiologist) on the BBC talk with empathy regarding the protests. :love:

Reactions: 3
I'm pretty sure the talk of a second wave does not mean a small spike. So the second wave wouldn't have occurred after easter or VE day parties, that would be a spike during the first wave. The second wave would be months away from now. Chris Whitty and Valance have said a second wave is extremely common with any new virus, it isn't purely based on Spanish Flu.

Reactions: 1
There was a bbc article yesterday talking about how they think there were cases much earlier than the date in Feb. The medical journalist had tested positive for antibodies but he’s not been ill since the first case was discovered (in the uk) He did however have pneumonia in jan and a lot of people wrote to him to say isn’t that odd. I shared the article on fb and a doctor friend said there is a theory that this is the second wave as it couldn’t have been contained since nov in Wuhan (when they suspect the first case was) then we got jumped on by somebody who started quoting stuff at all about us being wrong 😂 it was just a theory let’s face it none of us actually have a bloody clue 😂 so please don’t shoot me down here. I’ve not posted a single thing on fb about it for the reason I haven’t got the energy or the expertise to get into a debate but I know everybody on here has lots of different ideas and it’s good to hear other perspectives

Don’t know of this man but I thought it was interesting

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.