Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does gogglebox claim they’re following social distancing guidelines every week when they’re clearly breaking the law by being in someone else’s household? It’s annoyed me every week of lockdown.
They're not breaking them. Nick Grimshaw posted about it last night and in his comments linked the website for the regulations for TV/film crews..... Did make me think I'd it's okay for them why can't my mum sit in my living room and the other end? Not seen her for months 😥

Reactions: 1
They’ve been so good haven’t they?I’ve been so surprised actually like you say it’s not normally their character 😂

Big up the south glos residents 😂🙌🏻
In terms schools info yes. They allowing each sgc school make own decision.
Another shocking report from their SEN department.
Queue for tip don't seem as insane as I imagined.
Coning off Filton ring road a mistake.

I’ve just checked and our local (cribbs!) is open 😳😱 might have to give it a week but I can’t wait to go 😂
The one at imperial park might be quietier. Also Brislington has tk Maxx.

Reactions: 2
Yeah - i actually think Matt Hancock basicslly saod that yesterday too. He said NW have a problem with a rising number of cases and South West have a different less troubling issue with very low cases overall but the R is higher.

People on my fb seem to absolutely love posting our local newspaper headline about how the r is over 1 and saying how we are gonna get coronavirus imminently though 😅
The R rate is exponential though so if you have an R rate over 1 things could rise really quickly is that not the point so the low number of cases could turn into a lot of cases very quickly ?

The R rate is exponential though so if you have an R rate over 1 things could rise really quickly is that not the point so the low number of cases could turn into a lot of cases very quickly ?
I don't think we testing enough personally.
Keep seeing pics empty mobile test centres.
I imagine nhs and care staff are regular testing.
Outside of that in the community who knows the test centres random place.
The test itself doesn't look pleasant.
It's only last few weeks every one over 5 can be tested.
Some people waiting 8 to 10 days for result.
Track and trace no where near up and running.
Really hospital admissions could be tip of iceberg.
How many had it and stated at home
How many have it and show no symptoms

Watching sky news documentary called shut down the virus that changed our world.
Focussing on 1st case. Government approach.
What's happened in Europe's.
It's strange how quickly people move on and forget how serious it was.
I do hope we not heading towards a massive spike and 2nd outbreak.
Everyone says autumn.
But as we can see for brazil warmer weather seems make no difference it's not like flu.
People go out more on summer than winter.

Has Italy or Spain seen any increases.
Not heard much about belguim or France.

Reactions: 3
The DM thinks we've already had a second peak and the initial peak was just before lockdown... Thoughts?!
I think it could have been about round Christmas time. I know a lot of people that were so ill with what they described as “the worst flu ever” and it spread through the whole house. Second waves of illnesses are usually worse so I think that’s why there wasn’t so many deaths but just massive illness. Any deaths were probably thought to be from usual seasonal flu.

Reactions: 6
A lot of the community are now getting tested if they are having hospital appointments, they have to be swabbed 72 hours before they have any procedures done

The DM thinks we've already had a second peak and the initial peak was just before lockdown... Thoughts?!
A few doctors are agreeing and saying first peak was Xmas

It could but it doesn't seem to have so far. SW is still the lowest rate - its it's just not shrinking as quickly as they'd like but rather staying flat right now.

1 study says it's below 1 and 1 says it's slightly above so unless we actually start seeing a big increase in cases I'm not worried about the R rate apparently creeping up right now because the official advice is currently it's still below one. Doubt they'll actually lock whole areas of the country down again anyway 🤷‍♀️

A lot of the community are now getting tested if they are having hospital appointments, they have to be swabbed 72 hours before they have any procedures done

A few doctors are agreeing and saying first peak was Xmas
I agree

I was tested in April and it’s not that bad. The swab up the nose was fine a little uncomfortable when they take it from your throat but only takes a moment. My sister was tested last weekend on Saturday there were only 2 cars there took 5 mins and she got text result next morning.

I’ve asked a few consultants and they all think it’s the second peak. We really felt the strain, especially in January where we were full to the brim. We just assumed that flu was striking harder, but now we’re all thinking it could have been covid. Me and my partner were seriously ill in February, I got to the point where I had to ring my Dad and ask him to come pick up our little one because we just couldn’t care for her properly.

We are now assuming that my antibodies have come from then over when I tested negative. Be interesting to see if/when my partner has one he has antibodies as well as he’s shown no symptoms this entire time.

Reactions: 5
I can relate to how you feel working in this industry at this time, I feel like early years have been completely shat on during this time and schools have remained absolutely fine. I raised concerns about what you’ve explained as my mum is extremely vulnerable and I didn’t feel it was safe to go back to work yet. Their response was to lay me off in September and if during that time until then if they need me I HAVE to come in even though their fully aware of my situation. I’ve spoken to ACAS about this and they keep on asking if I’m a part of a union which I’m not however if you are take it up with them and if your not have a little google, I’m sure their like a fiver a month and would be worth having if you feel unsafe during this time! Your doing amazing during this time and the kids must adore you x

I’m sorry they are doing that to you and sorry for moaning i know I’m lucky to have my job safe. The early years are forgotten and in comparison to what I’m reading on here my workplace is not putting in as many precautions as they should. If i didn’t love my job i would of handed my notice in by now! Hope you get somewhere with your job maybe a union is the way to go xx

I assume there is no press briefing today?
have they stopped weekend updates from this weekend?

Reactions: 3
I think it could have been about round Christmas time. I know a lot of people that were so ill with what they described as “the worst flu ever” and it spread through the whole house. Second waves of illnesses are usually worse so I think that’s why there wasn’t so many deaths but just massive illness. Any deaths were probably thought to be from usual seasonal flu.
I was wondering if I had this at Christmas. I was ill for 5 weeks from the beginning of December. I got an emergency gp appointment just before Christmas. GP thought I had a chest infection and has caught flu on top of it. I had a chest x ray which showed something on my lower lung. They gave me an ECG which showed my heart rate was erratic and spiking. At one point I was trying to cough but couldn't get enough breath, it was really scary. I was told to ring 999 if I got worse. I never usually suffer with chest infections and I've never smoked, I still get out of breath and feel exhausted.

Reactions: 5
A friend of mine died early January, he was admitted to hospital on Boxing Day. He had a cough and then trouble breathing and then within days he was on a ventilator and just died. He was overweight but I wouldn't class as underlying health problems. I think it is flu on his death certificate but the hospital just didnt know what it was, they just said it was a really bad weird strain of flu. His family had to put on hazmat suits to see him.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
They’ve been so good haven’t they?I’ve been so surprised actually like you say it’s not normally their character 😂

Big up the south glos residents 😂🙌🏻

I’m also south glos! Hi!

I’m impressed with their emails too! The last one says we’ve had 405 cases in south glos so the south west must have had more than 500 overall? But yes still lower Than the rest of the uk. Let’s just hope it stays that way and people travelling to the south west from other regions don’t spread it!

Reactions: 4
I’m also south glos! Hi!

I’m impressed with their emails too! The last one says we’ve had 405 cases in south glos so the south west must have had more than 500 overall? But yes still lower Than the rest of the uk. Let’s just hope it stays that way and people travelling to the south west from other regions don’t spread it!
Sorry if I wasnt clear - I was saying my county has had under 500 overall (out of a 400,000 population) as we were discussing locking down individual counties rather than the whole SW.

Not sure on SW figures as a whole.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.