Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished watching the Jeffery Epstein series and wow 😫 my eyes have been opened even more to how corrupt they all are. Trump is clearly off his nut. Why is this tit show allowed to carry on? I’m so baffled.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I agree. The democrats should hopefully walk this in comparison to 2016. I feel like Biden is harder to attack (not impossible) Hilary has the fatal flaw of being a women. Biden is old, white, male and they know Trump’s playbook now.

But then I also didn’t think he would win in 2016 and I though the Scottish independence would happen so my prediction track record isn’t great 😂
he was never voted in, he got in despite not getting the public votes, no doubt helped out by Hilary 🤦‍♀️
he shouldn’t be there now and the sooner he’s out the better.

Reactions: 4
he was never voted in, he got in despite not getting the public votes, no doubt helped out by Hilary 🤦‍♀️
he shouldn’t be there now and the sooner he’s out the better.
The worst idea the US system had was the electoral college. I get why but in practice it has so many holes.

Ultimately any FPTP system is flawed to begin with though 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I agree. The democrats should hopefully walk this in comparison to 2016. I feel like Biden is harder to attack (not impossible) Hilary has the fatal flaw of being a women. Biden is old, white, male and they know Trump’s playbook now.

But then I also didn’t think he would win in 2016 and I though the Scottish independence would happen so my prediction track record isn’t great 😂
I know people love to hate on the Clinton's but god Hillary has had a tough time frkm the very beginning of her early lawyer years because she's a woman. I recommend her docoumentary on Netflix. I really like her.

That is exactly what our school have said. I think they are relying on other parents reporting photos to them which show social distancing not taking place. That is a recipe for disaster in my opinion however i do understand for the teachers they dont want to be putting themselves at any more risk than they need to be.
Oh of course I understand, but just seems drastic. We do see my parents as they have had to be our childcare throughout so not sure how to move forward, as we still need them!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ooooh which park? I know you are local to me!! I hope you had a good view :)
Poole park - it was lovely but we did feel slightly like teenagers who aren't allowed to drink at home 😂 .. particularly when it got dark and we had to sit under the Kitchen Cafe to use their lights 😂 but it was fun and just what I needed.

• Heart
I am not convinced it's all Weston and ubht trust being but shifty with westons generals stats and they tried hard to downplay the closure then it turns out 40% Weston health care staff tested postive after negative tests or showing no symptoms that only came out as it was leaked.

Quite a few have flocked to South West beaches.
That scone other day with ambulance was Dorset.

What little Matty Hancock failed to answer tonight with 2 separate journalist questions was what sparks a localised lock down and what that looks like.
So example South West is if north Somerset/ Dorset and bristol high does Wiltshire or Somerset have be stricter.
How strict is a localised lockdown.
I can only speak area where I live I see roads very busy. Shops and parks busy.
Many more back in work.
People visiting houses.
Not everyone social diatancing
Schools councils have left it up to the head our primary refused open and is still just keyworkers.
Some indication local secondrys still be distance learning in the autumn.
I guess in all honesty I’ve never thought of the likes of Dorset to be south west when it is 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve always though it to be Bristol along time Cornwall so I guess it makes sense

I do wonder like you say if they’d ‘shut’ the whole region or do it county by county. if they can’t answer I’m only assuming it’s just an open threat 🙄

Poole park - it was lovely but we did feel slightly like teenagers who aren't allowed to drink at home 😂 .. particularly when it got dark and we had to sit under the Kitchen Cafe to use their lights 😂 but it was fun and just what I needed.
I love Poole Park! I go there a lot with the kids.

I do wonder like you say if they’d ‘shut’ the whole region or do it county by county. if they can’t answer I’m only assuming it’s just an open threat 🙄
Yes I live in one county and work in another!

I guess in all honesty I’ve never thought of the likes of Dorset to be south west when it is 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve always though it to be Bristol along time Cornwall so I guess it makes sense

Dorset girl here - despite all the beaches stuff i hope they don't make just us lockdown longer because we have still had less than 500 cases in total so it seems mad. But then I'm not sure where in the SW they mean as like you say there's so much of it.

And if they do it by county not sure how they would police it. We can drive for less than 20 minutes and be in Hampshire via multiple different routes.

I always assumed when they said local lockdowns, they meant individual schools/workplaces/hospitals would close, not entire areas of the country - really hope that is the case.

Reactions: 2
Dorset girl here - despite all the beaches stuff i hope they don't make just us lockdown longer because we have still had less than 500 cases in total so it seems mad. But then I'm not sure where in the SW they mean as like you say there's so much of it.

And if they do it by county not sure how they would police it. We can drive for less than 20 minutes and be in Hampshire via multiple different routes.

I always assumed when they said local lockdowns, they meant individual schools/workplaces/hospitals would close, not entire areas of the country - really hope that is the case.
I do too. You can’t police county borders it would be a bit hot fuzz like 😂

in all seriousness I had another email from our council (I’m more north, nearer Bristol) and they’ve stressed that even with what the Gov have said that we still have an incredibly low amount of infections compared to the rest of the UK despite what the R rate claims so thats reassuring somewhat

in all seriousness I had another email from our council (I’m more north, nearer Bristol) and they’ve stressed that even with what the Gov have said that we still have an incredibly low amount of infections compared to the rest of the UK despite what the R rate claims so thats reassuring somewhat
Yeah - i actually think Matt Hancock basicslly saod that yesterday too. He said NW have a problem with a rising number of cases and South West have a different less troubling issue with very low cases overall but the R is higher.

People on my fb seem to absolutely love posting our local newspaper headline about how the r is over 1 and saying how we are gonna get coronavirus imminently though 😅

• Haha

I’ve had that email too (I’m south glos council) so that reassured me.

I love Poole Park! I go there a lot with the kids.
Yes I live in one county and work in another!
Next time you’re there picking a up empty cans at 8.30am while the kids play, you know who to blame 🤪 @JLXRD (joke people...joke)

We moved North from South Glos 6 months ago and for some reason I’m on the mailing list for that email still! I have been impressed with their communication tbh- not had a single thing from our current council! Never thought I’d be praising SG local authority. Still hate Jack Lopresti 🤪

• Haha
Just heard some Homesense stores are open :oops::m🥳 bloody hell Mc Donalds and Homesense what a week.😆

• Haha
Just heard some Homesense stores are open :oops::m🥳 bloody hell Mc Donalds and Homesense what a week.😆
My local Dunelm is open too!! My mum and dad went yesterday (they were half way though decorating their bedroom when lockdown started) and they said it was so quiet and nice😂 might have to go for a browse

My local Dunelm is open too!! My mum and dad went yesterday (they were half way though decorating their bedroom when lockdown started) and they said it was so quiet and nice😂 might have to go for a browse
Dunelm can be a bit hit and miss and they hardly change the stock.

My neighbours just told me that the Australian love island is going ahead... that’s got to be a good sign for the future hasn’t it! Strangers going into a house to snog eachother (not the actual quality of television though - although I will be watching 🤣)

• Haha
Next time you’re there picking a up empty cans at 8.30am while the kids play, you know who to blame 🤪 @JLXRD (joke people...joke)

We moved North from South Glos 6 months ago and for some reason I’m on the mailing list for that email still! I have been impressed with their communication tbh- not had a single thing from our current council! Never thought I’d be praising SG local authority. Still hate Jack Lopresti 🤪
I am shocked too how good sg been on some respects.
Apart from debacle on the ring rd..
jack tit used to be my mp cant believe he won again.
Met the odious man he does nothing for his constituency.

They’ve been so good haven’t they?I’ve been so surprised actually like you say it’s not normally their character 😂

Big up the south glos residents 😂🙌🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Met my 4 best friends for socially distanced drinks in the local park this evening and it has made me feel 100000 time better to just have a laugh with them and forget about the virus for a bit. Would recommend if you can make it work.

Am also now slightly tipsy 🤪
[/QUOTE]

I also met my friends for a socially distanced drink, because I am supposed to be on my Hen weekend, at Sandbanks (saw your other post saying Poole) haha. Hope you had a good time ♥

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.