Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are US allowed too? Isn't their death toll absolutely horrendous/worst in the world?
It’s the highest but relative to population not the worst - theirs is 330 per million, U.K. is 600 per million. I do find their lax approach to the virus concerning though

Found out today my daughter has a hospital appointment the week after next. I know it’ll probably be pretty safe by then but I still feel uncomfortable going there

Anyone seen this article about R number around the UK? Very interesting. I wonder how we've passed the peak if the R is still so high across the UK. I get so confused with science as it is, can someone explain?:oops:

Reactions: 1
Anyone seen this article about R number around the UK? Very interesting. I wonder how we've passed the peak if the R is still so high across the UK. I get so confused with science as it is, can someone explain?:oops:
It’s all bollocks 😂

Reactions: 5
As long as the R is below 1, the numbers are decreasing as per person infected, they are infecting less than 1 person each.

If the R is at 1, each person infected is infecting person each so it stays at the same level.

If the R gets above 1, the pandemic is growing because every person infects more than 1 person.

So as long as it is below 1, it is a good thing 😊

Edited to add, this is why an area with 30 cases but and r of 0.7 is still not going to have it as bad as an area where 1000 are infected but the r is 0.5.

Reactions: 3
Unpopular opinion time.

I’d shut down zoo’s for good. 😆 don’t worry I’m gone. 🤣😂

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
When will the sex ban between various households be lifted?

Asking for a friend Boris
It’s not really a sex ban but it’s just the ban of 2 people from different households being within 2 metres of each other. So I guess whenever that gets lifted it’ll be shag city all round :ROFLMAO:

I wonder if areas where the R is rising and in the South West specifically where it looks like it is now doubling rather than halving, if they will halt the reopening of certain places?
It doesn't look good for the tourism industry in the SW opening back up in line with the rest of the country.

I wonder if areas where the R is rising and in the South West specifically where it looks like it is now doubling rather than halving, if they will halt the reopening of certain places?
It doesn't look good for the tourism industry in the SW opening back up in line with the rest of the country.
I’m so confused as to why the south west R rate is at 1 when we’ve had the lowest amount of cases and been consistently low the entire time?

As seen Above, is it something that makes us seem bad but actually better because of infection cases? So confusing!

Reactions: 2
I’m so confused as to why the south west R rate is at 1 when we’ve had the lowest amount of cases and been consistently low the entire time?

As seen Above, is it something that makes us seem bad but actually better because of infection cases? So confusing!
I guess they are saying even though only 5 people here might have it they are almost all infecting another 5. Essentially i guess we are just rubbish at social distancing 😂

It is because of the spike in Weston hospital with some workers a couple of weeks ago. That's what Hancock said.

Reactions: 2
I guess they are saying even though only 5 people here might have it they are almost all infecting another 5. Essentially i guess we are just rubbish at social distancing 😂
ah ok makes sense, thank you! Will definitely making an effort to keep out the way😂 just as we’d finally gone food shopping as a family for the first time for a sense of normality, think we picked the wrong day 😂

It is because of the spike in Weston hospital with some workers a couple of weeks ago. That's what Hancock said.
thank you, I’ll have to try and catch the briefing once kiddo is in bed! I guess in a small sum of infection a jump can affect adversely 😕

When will the sex ban between various households be lifted?

Asking for a friend Boris
I’m lifting the ban when my daughter goes back to school on Monday. I’ve seen people having house fulls all the way through, known friends meet others for sex etc. I’m done.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Why does gogglebox claim they’re following social distancing guidelines every week when they’re clearly breaking the law by being in someone else’s household? It’s annoyed me every week of lockdown.

Reactions: 12
Has anyone’s school/childcare said anything about terminating contracts (if nursery/childminder) or asking child to remain at home for 2 weeks if they are found to not be adhering to social distancing outside of school times?
Our childminder has said she cannot look after any children who aren’t social distancing whilst with us, or if being looked after by someone else at any point and she can terminate the contract with immediate effect if found to be breaching restrictions.

also a school close to us(not my kids’) have said about asking child to remain at home if breaching it (not sure how they’ll police that!)

Why does gogglebox claim they’re following social distancing guidelines every week when they’re clearly breaking the law by being in someone else’s household? It’s annoyed me every week of lockdown.
Didn't someone say before because technically it's their job or something they're allowed 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 4
It’s for their job though?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.