Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I could, but what about the other people in the house? Also cutting hair with gloves on is not easy 😩
Sorry I misread - ask that there is only the customer in the room that you are in (probably kitchen). And that all other family members stay in other rooms so don't come into contact with you?

Reactions: 1
I live in south west near the Durdle door that’s been popular with the city folk! It’s been so busy in the seaside town & all the rubbish they bring with them, this couldn’t have helped the r rate!

• Sad
Reactions: 4
They really need to say when the deaths were and not overnight. It’s almost fake news.

Reactions: 2
Yep totally done fed up with lockdown now. Used to get annoyed with people not adhering to it, now I’m actually encouraging people to see family/friends for their own mental health. 2 of my friends (Working in the NHS I might add) have had to take time off work due to stress and are now on antidepressant as a DIRECT result of lockdown - they had no mental health issues before but people are at breaking point.

People who are immunocompromised or vulnerable have the option to self isolate. Everyone now understands how to social distance and wash our hands. It’s time to open up.

I get so angry when I hear people moan “oooh there will be a second wave now”. What the duck do you want?! Do you want us all to stay inside for the next 2 years while our incompetent government faffs around with a vaccine?! LOCKDOWN WASN’T EVER MEANT TO ERADICATE THE VIRUS. It was to prevent the nhs going beyond capacity on the back of winter pressures. It’s better to have this dreaded second wave now than in December when you’ve got flu season in full swing.

Honestly I’d rather die than live like this for years to come, I’m not the only one who thinks that. I’m truly sorry for all the lives lost, I really am, but this cannot go on forever. More lives will be lost to suicide, cancer, neglect, abuse etc if it does.
Exactly how I feel. Schools here aren't opening until Sept, if then at all. My heart breaks for kids who's only meal is at school or who are abused at home and school is their escape and where teachers can report things. My heart breaks for adults stuck in with abusive partners. For people who can't have a proper funeral, online streaming one is so fucked up. Etc.

We cannot be shut ins until a vaccine is developed and even scientists have said, they may never find one as they've never managed to develop one for any other coronavirus.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yep but some areas have lowered restrictions (specifically Florida where my friends are) and they have sent me pics of them eating out etc. I'm really jealous 😑

Also just to add, as someone who has stuck to the lockdown rules if we end up having to have further restrictions in south west at this point I'm going to have a breakdown. If the rest of the country are allowed to be out and enjoying themselves i will be fuming at having to be stuck in my flat for even longer.

Jsut hope their sensible in that the R raising doesn't mean as much here when we have very few cases comparatively.
The NBA are finishing their season at Disney World wonder will they allow an audience ..

Does this mean the South West could face stricter lockdown as well as the north east compared to the rest if the UK?
I've read they think that the NW's R rate is over 1 too.
I imagine if it comes to that they could tighten restrictions in some areas and not others. London appear to be doing alright atm but I know cases here are going up (NW)

Where i live we have had 492 confirmed cases out of a 396,000 population. So I'm guessing it's not here.

Reading our R being higher just scares me because I have been clinging to the hope of things opening and my life coming back, I'm just so scared of the idea we will end up locked down again here and I'm not sure i can do it again 😔
Maybe they break down south west by county as it's a large area.
Lots coastal areas have 2nd home owners and tourists .
We need a breakdown of each region and tit down specific towns and cities.

Reactions: 2
Yep but some areas have lowered restrictions (specifically Florida where my friends are) and they have sent me pics of them eating out etc. I'm really jealous 😑

Also just to add, as someone who has stuck to the lockdown rules if we end up having to have further restrictions in south west at this point I'm going to have a breakdown. If the rest of the country are allowed to be out and enjoying themselves i will be fuming at having to be stuck in my flat for even longer.

Jsut hope their sensible in that the R raising doesn't mean as much here when we have very few cases comparatively.
Fellow south wester 👋🏻

I do think we’ve been super lucky overall and it makes sense to me for our R rate to be higher, as we’re further away from the epicentre of highest cases so it’s taken longer to spread to us...? I am very concerned about what the deluge of holiday makers could do 😳

No prizes are being handed out for following lockdown to the letter. If rules are bent slightly for the sake of our mental health I don’t think there can be much judgement for that so long as common sense is applied.

My friend works at the hospital on the covid ward.

One consultant thinks were due a second wave in the winter.

Another one thinks were already in the second wave and had the first wave before Christmas.

Both sound possible.

Reactions: 10
Where i live we have had 492 confirmed cases out of a 396,000 population. So I'm guessing it's not here.

Reading our R being higher just scares me because I have been clinging to the hope of things opening and my life coming back, I'm just so scared of the idea we will end up locked down again here and I'm not sure i can do it again 😔
Same in my SW county it’s 400ish Positive out of 277k So the risk is lower imo. If you look at the SW graph it’s been consistently low with a slight peak so I think it will just take us longer to taper down.

I can’t cope with another lockdown and that’s a fact. Il have to see my boyfriend. Both of our mental health is struggling now after almost 3 months.

Another one thinks were already in the second wave and had the first wave before Christmas.

Both sound possible.
Yes they've said the same here ..

Has anyone heard why zoo’s cant open at the along with Alton Towers etc next month? Is it due to worry in transmission to animals?
It seems unfair, I saw Chester zoo post that parks and beach's can open with no one controlling numbers, yet they can and yet can't open.

I'd be happier walking round a zoo then a theme park anytime soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m so confused by how they are reporting deaths?? The jump from yesterday to today seems strange. Can anyone explain it to me please?🤔

Is it the deaths that have occurred outside the NHS
I genuinely have no idea, maybe?? It just makes following it so difficult. Leaves everyone feeling a bit disheartened seeing such a jump. Stupid how many times the way of reporting the figures has been changed

Both sound possible.
I honestly don't trust what anyone says, whether from hospital workers opinions, the government or even WHO. Just going to wait to see what happens and not even worry about a "second wave" right now.

We may go to the zoo this weekend to do something normal. They are limiting people and you have to book a time slot online. Also a one way system and we would wear masks.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I genuinely have no idea, maybe?? It just makes following it so difficult. Leaves everyone feeling a bit disheartened seeing such a jump. Stupid how many times the way of reporting the figures has been changed
I think that's the new way of reporting now from June 1st .I think it's indirect deaths from covid that they've started to add into the daily figures these weren't previously counted ..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.