Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our school went back yesterday in the agreed years, Rec, year 1 and year 6 . Feedback has been very positive. My daughter is year 4, Would be lovely for all those that want to go back to be able too, even if only for a few weeks before end of summer term. Other daughter is senior, that’s not going to happen until September.
My daughter was due to go back but they said they would be unable to social distance and would contact us with further updates. Still not heard anything. Shes so excited to go back.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
When do people actually see a sense of normality returning?

like, when can we have a day shopping and go for drinks after? When can we go for a meal? When can we fly without fear of it being cancelled or book theatre tickets without the worry of it not happening.

im preparing to be queuing for a while. But I really hope we have this “new normal” by September time.

Reactions: 7

like, when can we have a day shopping and go for drinks after? When can we go for a meal? When can we fly without fear of it being cancelled or book theatre tickets without the worry of it not happening.

im preparing to be queuing for a while. But I really hope we have this “new normal” by September time.
I really hope that in August almost all will be back to normal apart from mass gatherings of say over 500 people.

I appreciate this is very wishful thinking.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have a question...do you think when the non essential shops (I know people have been shopping online) open you will go back to spending like before or have you changed your ways? I can just imagine the queue for Primark when it opens full of the younger generation to spend their money. Also I went to a couple of shops yesterday that wasn't a supermarket and I must say it was like being let loose and it was only Boots and Poundland :LOL:
I’ll definitely think about my purchases more. I’ve saved more than £1000 since lockdown started, which has shown me how much pointless crap I used to buy :-/

• Wow
Reactions: 10
When was it ever said it was not safe to go outside, then it was said that it was?
It was always about protecting the nhs, which means for the vast majority of people the virus is no big deal at all but it is so contagious and affects just enough people badly that if it ran wild and everyone got infected at once it would overwhelm the healthcare system and cause people not only to die from lack of treatment from the virus but many other illness.
Advising people not to go out unnecessarily when the virus is still having exponential growth, in order to flatten the curve and then allowing people to go out in restricted and limited ways after the peak is not a U turn. The lockdown was obviously never going to be permanent, a version of normality needs to return at some point.
People shielding were told to stay inside ,then within one day told differently.That's exactly what I mean we all need clarity not differing advice from the same governments/advisers .They need to fix the split then people might have a bit of faith in what they're being told .

Reactions: 6
Friend now getting arsey with me cos I’ve said I think we should cancel the bbq we were gonna have this weekend due to the weather - she said come round anyway to her house, I said I was worried about being caught doing it. She got passive aggressive about it, saying we’ve already postponed it once (was gonna be last weekend) but she won’t force me to come if I don’t want to. Like it’s my decision? Of course I’d go but it’s bloody illegal! :cautious: We’ve never argued in the 6 years we’ve known each other, I’m so scared lockdown is going to end and I’ll have no friends at all!!

• Sad
When the shops open if you go to a shopping centre in your car how think how much parking will be if you are queuing to get in every shop!:oops:

It’s been said before and I think the herd immunity approach during the summer months is what they are aiming for, let people get it in the summer when capacity in nhs is available, before winter months come with the added winter flu patients.
I want things to move forward but I feel a bit like I’m swimming against the tide, I think because I’m waiting on school updates. Went to a smallish supermarket this afternoon , only saw one person in a mask, people social distancing and just getting in with it.

Reactions: 4
Well I hope he's calmed himself down now otherwise he'll be off on one of his rants on the briefing🙄. I expect he'll just bumble along like he normally does.
101834802_10220733162371901_174541002688692224_n.jpg
Someone's telling him the answers ,reason for the long hair maybe;)

• Wow
When the shops open if you go to a shopping centre in your car how think how much parking will be if you are queuing to get in every shop!:oops:
I spend a bloody fortune on parking already 😂, but yes u r right. Overnight stay anyone !
QUOTE="monga, post: 1488885, member: 25499"]
View attachment 144665Someone's telling him the answers ,reason for the long hair maybe;)
[/QUOTE]
Cummings

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It's all back to normal where I live, kids playing out on the street about 15 of them no distancing etc. Everyone has family round (in the houses). my 6 year old goes back to school on monday but she is upset that I wont let her our with all the other kids on the street to play.
First time on this thread.Your area sounds the same as mine. Everybody is back to normal and I’m indoors with my kids trying to protect us. So frustrating when nobody around finds it’s a worry!

• Sad
People shielding were told to stay inside ,then within one day told differently.That's exactly what I mean we all need clarity not differing advice from the same governments/advisers .They need to fix the split then people might have a bit of faith in what they're being told .
Whilst I appreciate the reluctance and fear around this, the medical advisors said at the very beginning that everything was new and that new studies were coming out every day. I saw Matt Hancock answering a question about this yesterday and he said the science now suggested that the transmission outdoors if only out once has been proved to be so low it felt only right that those shielding should have the measures relaxed as they have been the ones who sacrificed the most.

I just wish they had put it across that way in the first place rather than bumbling Boris!

Reactions: 9

In about 15 years. When my kids have grown up 😂
But regarding covid 19 I think after xmas for most things.

• Haha
I’ll definitely think about my purchases more. I’ve saved more than £1000 since lockdown started, which has shown me how much pointless crap I used to buy :-/
I actually started a low spend year on Jan 1st, I’ve bought less than 10 non-essential items so far this year. We’re both key workers so still getting full pay and not spending, we’re saving loads.

Reactions: 10
Whilst I appreciate the reluctance and fear around this, the medical advisors said at the very beginning that everything was new and that new studies were coming out every day. I saw Matt Hancock answering a question about this yesterday and he said the science now suggested that the transmission outdoors if only out once has been proved to be so low it felt only right that those shielding should have the measures relaxed as they have been the ones who sacrificed the most.

I just wish they had put it across that way in the first place rather than bumbling Boris!
Yes it was a shambles, and going by PM's questions today people are still really confused on their advice .I have to say Kier Starmer put him to shame .

I’m just watching the briefing. Boris is explaining why the new measures are coming in for airports etc.

He has just said, “track and trace was introduced last week and we already now have thousands of people self-isolating that otherwise would not be”. I think that was meant to be reassuring but if thousands of people are having to isolate, that makes me feel that the R is definitely above 1. 😬🙁

• Sad
I’m just watching the briefing. Boris is explaining why the new measures are coming in for airports etc.

He has just said, “track and trace was introduced last week and we already now have thousands of people self-isolating that otherwise would not be”. I think that was meant to be reassuring but if thousands of people are having to isolate, that makes me feel that the R is definitely above 1. 😬🙁
Agree. It’s creeping up. It’s 1.6 where I live which is quite worrying.

• Wow
I’ve

A couple of weeks ago I was full of hope that September would be the new normal, but, unfortunately, where I work we’re starting to see the effects of VE Day celebrations so my hope has dwindled. Fingers crossed though as I have a UK holiday booked.

Agree. It’s creeping up. It’s 1.6 where I live which is quite worrying.
Where do you find this?

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.