Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like I'll end up spending more when things are back to normal because my poor kids have had no treats or days out at all since this started.

I'll turn into a softie every time they ask for something. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can’t wait for things to open. If Chester Zoo were to open next week then I’d be there straight away.

It’s very depressing but I don’t want to live the rest of my life like this. There’s no point in existing if it’s going to spent in my living room.

Reactions: 13
I dont know why they are asking Boris questions they should just go straight to cummings. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m just watching the briefing. Boris is explaining why the new measures are coming in for airports etc.

He has just said, “track and trace was introduced last week and we already now have thousands of people self-isolating that otherwise would not be”. I think that was meant to be reassuring but if thousands of people are having to isolate, that makes me feel that the R is definitely above 1. 😬🙁
But 1000s of people have tested positive and therefore all of their contacts have to isolate.. makes total sense it would be 1000s contacted... doesn't mean the R is way up as though 1 person may have 4 others who are isolating they may have actually only infected 1 or less of them. Just because all 4 have to isolate doesn't mean all 4 actually contracted the virus which is the point of the R.

The fact that the number of positive tests are coming down indicates the R is below 1 in itself.

I think they know a second peak is on the horizon. Even the scientists aren't filling me with confidence at the moment

Reactions: 5
I've turned off. What was asked please?
He was discussing children going back to school. He was trying to reassure parents and reiterating that children are very low risk in catching/having symptoms. Although there have been cases, the numbers were small. Although he did understand and sympathise with parents making the decision.

He was discussing children going back to school. He was trying to reassure parents and reiterating that children are very low risk in catching/having symptoms. Although there have been cases, the numbers were small. Although he did understand and sympathise with parents making the decision.
Thank you.

It'll be Cumming's on the other end of his earpiece 🤔🤔🤣
or Carrie making sure he’s not eyeing up the next blonde....

cut her off Boris, did you let her have a second question because she’s prettier than me CUT HER OFF......MUTE HER!!!!”

I assume he was only there because he had to turn up for PM’s questions earlier?

two birds, one stone, off for the weekend now. 😬

• Haha
My mum works as a cleaner at a hospital and had her test back to say they have detected antibodies which looks like at some point she has had it. She is not in a good place today shes struggling with the concept that she could have unwittingly given it to someone as has worked throughout (never had any symptoms). Has anyone else had the antibody test yet x
My mum works in hospital and she had her anti body result today and they were detected. We all had typical covid symptoms (mild) in January. She’s been fine since then so it would make sense for it to have been from then. Plus she was one of the only people in her ward who had antibodies so it would be odd for her to have caught it at work. We’d all be interested for the rest of us to be tested as if we’ve all had it it would be likely it was from January, in which case it’s clearly been around longer than everyone thought

There's definitely a hairdresser at No 10 ,look at the difference in BoJo's hair between the PM questions and the briefing .Boris has def had a blowdry 😂

• Haha
I was talking to my female boss today, and I said I have not worn make-up or a bra in 3 months! She is the same. Oh the relief.... Anyone else?

Reactions: 8
I was talking to my female boss today, and I said I have not worn make-up or a bra in 3 months! She is the same. Oh the relief.... Anyone else?
Not touched make up. Only wear a bra if I'm going out. Take it off as soon as I get home.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.