Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this is interesting.

Yes it was as interesting read.

We already know this but, the boarders should have take precautions early into the new year. We should have gone on lockdown earlier. My work and a few of my friends closed their businesses down a good few days before we went into lockdown.

My daughters been doing a dairy since the day she left school. Dont get my wrong it's very boring and repetitive but will be something for her, her children and maybe even great grand children to look back on.

Remember the war stories our grandparents used to tell us. Our generation will have corona stories. My daughter will be telling her grandchildren she played on her slip and slide every day for 6 hours and ate nutella and ice cream until it came out of her ears 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
this is interesting.

Eh that just seems to be a ranty article with no real basis. It just isn't true that the media have not asked those questions. Can we really say the mainstream media in the UK didn't write about the high deaths and compare it to Europe?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Neighbors have friends with kids over. Kids all in the paddling pool, having a water fight playing on the trampoline. Not only are the pissing me off for being idiots of course my kids are now like So are we allowed to see our friends now ? And we look like the mean ones as they can't.

I know I could get their friends over and make them socially distance but I think that would be hard for them and completly unsatisfing for them. If they see their friends they will want to play together so I would feel bad teasing them with them !

I'm having a crap day and this has made me so angry. This is the same ones who snuck their hairdresser in as well.

Yes absolutely .I'm struggling too as my older kids are seeing all their friends out together on Snapchat 😐. They have been invited to a sleepover tomorrow. I said no. They are going mad at me🤬teenagers 🤷

Last edited:
  • Wow
Eh that just seems to be a ranty article with no real basis. Can we really say the media have not asked those questions? Can we really say the mainstream media in the UK didn't write about the high deaths and compare it to Europe?
To me it says they were more interested in "Get Brexit Done " than anything else .Maybe if they hadn't ignored the warnings it would have had less of an impact 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Eh that just seems to be a ranty article with no real basis. Can we really say the media have not asked those questions? Can we really say the mainstream media in the UK didn't write about the high deaths and compare it to Europe?
it’s an opinion piece, obviously it’s ranty,

show me where they’ve asked these questions and got answers - I don’t include piers Morgan on twitter in this. The mainstream journalists don’t ask hard questions at the briefings, it they do they’re not answered.

Where have the media asked Boris Johnson why he was so obsessed with Brexit he allowed the countries PPE stock to be fully depleated, and why he failed to notice it before it was to late.
Why care homes were left to fend for themselves with next to no support or assistance,
Why “more than 18 million people entered the country without even their temperatures being checked at airports, and with a pitifully small number of 300 put in quarantine upon their arrival”
When other countries had closed, or were closing boarders.

oh they couldn’t because boris fucked off for months 🤷‍♀️

I posted it because it’s interesting, didn’t say it was gospel 😛

It also explains why the U.K. was hit harder than countries who don’t have the same international travel in and out of the country.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
it’s an opinion piece, obviously it’s ranty,

show me where they’ve asked these questions and got answers - I don’t include piers Morgan on twitter in this. The mainstream journalists don’t ask hard questions at the briefings, it they do they’re not answered.

Where have the media asked Boris Johnson why he was so obsessed with Brexit he allowed the countries PPE stock to be fully depleated, and why he failed to notice it before it was to late.
Why care homes were left to fend for themselves with next to no support or assistance,
Why “more than 18 million people entered the country without even their temperatures being checked at airports, and with a pitifully small number of 300 put in quarantine upon their arrival”
When other countries had closed, or were closing boarders.

oh they couldn’t because boris fucked off for months 🤷‍♀️

I posted it because it’s interesting, didn’t say it was gospel 😛

It also explains why the U.K. was hit harder than countries who don’t have the same international travel in and out of the country.
No doubt the main reason they're hanging on to Cummings the man that got Brexit done ,they owe him a big favour (y)

Reactions: 1
I really can't get my head around why we are one of the worst hit countries? (England)

I mean, we have a good health care system and we are a fairly well off country.

I thought places in poorer counties such as parts of African and Asia who live in squalor and dont have the basic necessities such as running water would have been hit harder (not saying they should have, I'm glad they havent).

Has anyone else thought this? Are other counties not reporting figures or deaths not getting registered? Or is there more behind it?

I'm just curious about it all.... 🤔
Not all parts of Africa and Asia are poor and the poorer countries are less likely to have people travelling in and out so less likely to spread it.

Also a lot of asian countries have excellent hygiene. Muslims are really hygienic cause of their religion which requires them to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I really can't get my head around why we are one of the worst hit countries? (England)

I mean, we have a good health care system and we are a fairly well off country.

I thought places in poorer counties such as parts of African and Asia who live in squalor and dont have the basic necessities such as running water would have been hit harder (not saying they should have, I'm glad they havent).

Has anyone else thought this? Are other counties not reporting figures or deaths not getting registered? Or is there more behind it?

I'm just curious about it all.... 🤔
I think it’s a combination of factors. We didn’t stop travel in nor did we place any testing or quarantine rules on those people.

I’m not sure how I feel regarding the timing of lockdown but I know a lot think it was late.

At this stage I do not think we can compare numbers like for like, hardly any countries are comparing the same setting or doing the same amount of testing. I think we also need to take places like China’s numbers with a pinch of salt. They record under 5k, yet millions of phones have dropped of their only phone network.. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I went out today as part of my shielding allowance
Honestly, I was terrified. I was on the brink of an anxiety attack when I saw a family with a dog running wild that came close to me. My chest physically hurts because I'm so anxious.
I've decided not to go out tomorrow, hopefully the child is okay with it. Feel like a bit of a meanie.

• Sad
On Twitter the hashtag #BorisHasFailedUK is currently trending. Here are some standout tweets to me.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Honestly, I was terrified. I was on the brink of an anxiety attack when I saw a family with a dog running wild that came close to me. My chest physically hurts because I'm so anxious.
I've decided not to go out tomorrow, hopefully the child is okay with it. Feel like a bit of a meanie.
Maybe if you just ease yourself into it ,there's no rush.it'll take time to get your confidence back after shielding for so long..But well done on giving it a go today xx

On Twitter the hashtag #BorisHasFailedUK is currently trending. Here are some standout tweets to me.

Those beach pics are shocking tbh !

Reactions: 6
I went out today too. Managed an hours walk there and back but didn't let go of my husbands hand the whole time. Don't know how I thought he was going to protect me from the virus but it made me feel better. I'm hoping it'll get easier with time. There's no rush. You just do what you feel comfortable with x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m shielding and have been going out for a walk once a week anyway because I live in the middle of nowhere and barely see another person. I am worried for when the time comes to integrate back into normal society again. I hate the idea of having to go to the shop etc. My Dad asked to come and visit me in a public place and I told him no, because until I hear it from my hospital consultant or GP, I will be shielding until the end of June as originally told. It hasn’t magically become safe and with people meeting up in the numbers they are, I don’t feel ready to take the risk.

• Sad
Reactions: 13

It's like people just don't understand what this has all been about. Like what do they think we just stayed lockdown for 10 weeks for.

If the worst should happen to someone you love it will always be tit but even worse I just couldn't forgive myself if I was pissing about sitting on a packed beach and then caught and passed on the virus and something happened.

I'm honestly so exasperated at the utter stupidity of people.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
In regards to someone saying about travelling to see family I get you. We have family (some elderly) 200 miles away we are desperate to see. I guess it’s going to be last because if everyone starts travelling then it’s when things get out of hand. Whilst people are somewhat segregated into their local communities it makes it kind of easier to control?

I don’t know. I just think we’ll have a while to wait sadly 😕 i get why 100% but it doesn’t make it any easier
You can travel as far as you want to now. My family are going to do a 200 mile round trip next week to visit us in our garden x

Really can’t blame the public at this point when even the government had a half arsed approach to their own briefing today 😐

but we’re out of flu season.
numbers are falling naturally and looking at every country things are progressing and opening up quicker than expected.

I can see the ROI moving phase 3 forward (phase two is due to start next week)

mutterings of early budgets and how we’ll pay for the government spending are already starting.

this is when tit is gonna get real. 😏
lockdown was the easy bit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Really can’t blame the public at this point when even the government had a half arsed approach to their own briefing today 😐

but we’re out of flu season.
numbers are falling naturally and looking at every country things are progressing and opening up quicker than expected.

I can see the ROI moving phase 3 forward (phase two is due to start next week)

mutterings of early budgets and how we’ll pay for the government spending are already starting.

this is when tit is gonna get real. 😏
lockdown was the easy bit.
Yup tit is really going to hit when people realise how bad the economy is 😫

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.