Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still confused I do they not state daily that the deaths are across all settings ,what is pillar 2 then?
Pillar 2 is supposedly the wider population of those 5 and over. It doesn’t make sense to me but there’s an explanation easily found was all I was trying to show🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Home from work.

Fed up of cleaning. Don't clean my own house this much. Children needed a lot of encouragement to play.

2 children said they aren't allowed to play with other children as they will die if they get their germs 😒

• Sad
Reactions: 16
There are protests here today for BLM. The next few weeks will be interesting as to whether outbreak numbers will spike or not...it will be indicative of how easy it spreads in outdoor areas.

Reactions: 5
There are protests here today for BLM. The next few weeks will be interesting as to whether outbreak numbers will spike or not...it will be indicative of how easy it spreads in outdoor areas.
You just know though that two weeks from now they’ll be blaming any spikes primarily on the protests and not on the huge Ikea queues or the mass gatherings on the beaches that have been happening for the past week.

Reactions: 9
You just know though that two weeks from now they’ll be blaming any spikes primarily on the protests and not on the huge Ikea queues or the mass gatherings on the beaches that have been happening for the past week.
In Alberta, Canada, our stores have been open over 2 weeks already and we have not seen spikes from them which is a good sign so far. Restaurants are open for dine-in too as are hair salons. We are meant to move into stage 2 in a few weeks. Our numbers are still dropping.

In Alberta, Canada, our stores have been open over 2 weeks already and we have not seen spikes from them which is a good sign so far. Restaurants are open for dine-in too as are hair salons. We are meant to move into stage 2 in a few weeks. Our numbers are still dropping.
Oh my bad I wrongly assumed you were in the UK!

Reactions: 1
I really can't get my head around why we are one of the worst hit countries? (England)

I mean, we have a good health care system and we are a fairly well off country.

I thought places in poorer counties such as parts of African and Asia who live in squalor and dont have the basic necessities such as running water would have been hit harder (not saying they should have, I'm glad they havent).

Has anyone else thought this? Are other counties not reporting figures or deaths not getting registered? Or is there more behind it?

I'm just curious about it all.... 🤔

I really can't get my head around why we are one of the worst hit countries? (England)

I thought places in poorer counties such as parts of African and Asia who live in squalor and dont have the basic necessities such as running water would have been hit harder (not saying they should have, I'm glad they havent).

Has anyone else thought this? Are other counties not reporting figures or deaths not getting registered? Or is there more behind it?

I have wondered this too. I also wondered if in Islamic countries it is lower, as women cover their face, so perhaps it isn't spread as easily? Sounds quite outlandish but did cross my mind.

Reactions: 7
I have wondered this too. I also wondered if in Islamic countries it is lower, as women cover their face, so perhaps it isn't spread as easily? Sounds quite outlandish but did cross my mind.
That’s not outlandish at all, I think that’s a very good point actually. It could well be a factor in it. I’m not an expert clearly but it’s really a very good point.

Reactions: 2
No that is a very good point.

I wonder it in the really poor counties/areas lots of people arent getting tested and its just the case of them dying? Not sure how it works.
I really hope it's not, just cant seem to get my head around why we are so badly hit.

No that is a very good point.

I wonder it in the really poor counties/areas lots of people arent getting tested and its just the case of them dying? Not sure how it works.
I really hope it's not, just cant seem to get my head around why we are so badly hit.
Only reason I can think is that the very poor countries don’t have many old people as they die at a much younger age so they are getting it but not needing care?

I really feel like they are lying to us at this point. It was when I found out that they count one coronavirus test (which is one swab up the nose and one at the back of the throat) as two tests because it uses two swabs that I decided not to believe the figures. You will notice as well that for over a week now the information regarding numbers of those being tested each day has been “unavailable”.
Some places are doing the nose and throat using the same swab

115 it's really confusing all these different numbers ,but still doesn't explain over 500 more deaths as they do state in a 24 hr period ?
Not sure if it’s been covered but the extra 500 on to the total death rate are from deaths that have accumulated over the last month that have only hit the records now
The 111 that’s been reported is 90% from the last 24 hours and then a few from Saturday and some from Friday

i dont think some countries have been entirely honest with their figures.
does anyone really believe China only had around 4,500 deaths !

Reactions: 6
Only reason I can think is that the very poor countries don’t have many old people as they die at a much younger age so they are getting it but not needing care?
Yes that's a very good point. Didnt think of that either.

Anyone who believes China only had 4.5k deaths needs to take their head of a wobble 🤥🤥🤥

The real figure was said to be 223,000 a Honk Kong Uni published a report on it.

Reactions: 4
I woke up today feeling really rubbish because of this tit situation. Went to my parents house for a BBQ - sat out in the garden 2M apart from them, got to cuddle the dog and feel infinitely better!

• Heart

this is interesting.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.