Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What would you guys do? A couple of hours ago we found two boxes of cakes left on our doorstep from a local bakery. ( not even sure how long they’d been there as nobody knocked)

The note says the next road down so they’ve mistakenly delivered to us. We’ve phoned the bakery left a message but nobody has gotten back to us. Don’t particularly want to go this persons house either.
I'd smell them. If they smell good to go. Eat them.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What would you guys do? A couple of hours ago we found two boxes of cakes left on our doorstep from a local bakery. ( not even sure how long they’d been there as nobody knocked)

The note says the next road down so they’ve mistakenly delivered to us. We’ve phoned the bakery left a message but nobody has gotten back to us. Don’t particularly want to go this persons house either.
I'd eat the cakes and deny all knowledge 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So the press this morning are saying picnics and bbqs with up to 10 people.... so I still can’t have my boyfriend over to stay or cook him dinner and watch a film? I get it, less likely to catch it outside, but pretty please BoJo I just want to give my man a hug
I'm not saying to do this of course, but if you are both under 40 have no underlying health conditions ( including obesity) live alone and neither of you are key workers I dont see that much of a risk. Apparently The Netherlands are allowing this (intended so people living alone can have sex, but that's the Netherlands for you 😁)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Bit of a weird one but I had to exchange something because of their error (it was a chemist)
they gave me the wrong item.
I realised when I left the chemist and went back (max 5 min)

the item I’d been given was 11 quid more than I usually pay which was why I checked the product and realised the mistake.

I paid cash, went back to say they’d given me the wrong item and she exchanged it.....all their fault.
but she then went on to tell me she couldn’t give me a refund because they can’t refund cash 🙄
But it must be refunded by the original method of payment.....
But.......
She can’t refund cash. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Bit of a weird one but I had to exchange something because of their error (it was a chemist)
they gave me the wrong item.
I realised when I left the chemist and went back (max 5 min)

the item I’d been given was 11 quid more than I usually pay which was why I checked the product and realised the mistake.

I paid cash, went back to say they’d given me the wrong item and she exchanged it.....all their fault.
but she then went on to tell me she couldn’t give me a refund because they can’t refund cash 🙄
LOL your chemist knows how to make a quick buck during the pandemic 🤣

(also sorry you’re out of pocket)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't give a tit about garden parties or barbecues. I just want to be able to go sit in my mum and dads garden and have a cup of tea and a chat. My sister is already planning a bbq for end of June but we've politely declined the invitation. No way they'll be any social distancing when they're all pissed as a fart and I'm not willing to put my family at risk for a hotdog!
Cant you do this?? I was under the impression you could! My brother lives near my parents and has been round and sat in their garden a couple of times. Wed have to stay over at theirs so havent been able to do it.

Reactions: 1
LOL your chemist knows how to make a quick buck during the pandemic 🤣

(also sorry you’re out of pocket)
to be fair I’m always willing to buy some extra drugs, so I just stocked up 😐

But still, they need to figure out what they’re doing 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

I’d just drop them off on their doorstep in the same fashion. No contact with them is needed, just leave them and knock

Reactions: 3
Cant you do this?? I was under the impression you could! My brother lives near my parents and has been round and sat in their garden a couple of times. Wed have to stay over at theirs so havent been able to do it.
I'm shielding so unable too. I think lots of people are doing it though although the rules do state to only meet one other person in an outside public place. Dominic Raab said gardens, driveways weren't allowed but I can't see the difference

Thanks guys I was leaning towards just leaving them at the door anyway 😂 was tempting to eat though

I'm shielding so unable too. I think lots of people are doing it though although the rules do state to only meet one other person in an outside public place. Dominic Raab said gardens, driveways weren't allowed but I can't see the difference
Oh Whoops! My parents are i
71 and 82 but have been bumbling about town like nobody's business despite me and my brother telling them not to. They just say to me 'We went into town. Dont tell your brother' and to my brother 'we went into town. Dont tell your sister ??!!' so him popping into the garden for 10 minutes after dropping off their shopping is probably the least of their violations 😁

• Haha
Technically no, your only allowed to meet one person 2 meters apart in a public place.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.