Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had takeaways every week since lockdown. I haven't wiped down anything and I don't wipe down my shopping either. It would send me over the edge mentally if I did that.
Each to their own I guess like I said 😀

Uneccesarily judgemental and passive aggressive comments on this thread. (Not this comment) “They would have a fit if they were in my house”...

Laughing emojis etc from others too. Feels like being back at school and not pleasant to read when you’re feeling very vulnerable as it is and only come on here for support and to ask what others do in that situation as it was worrying me.

Cheers! Not sure why people can’t just be kind.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
They need an antibody test really as lots of us could have already had it as well. Test will only help if you actively have it on that day or they will need to test on a rolling basis ?
yes antibody test would be ideal but until that’s available and up and running i think they are doing what they can with what theyve got available, antibody tests are blood based which means to be accurate they need to be done in a lab currently, i think they are working on developing some finger prick ones that are safe and accurate to be used at home. There are some available on the market atm but not sure they are government approved

Reactions: 2
We should not be sending them back until September at the earliest IMHO. I understand its difficult for many parents to interact with their children at an educational level where they have to put in some effort themselves rather than relying on a phone or ipad to keep the nippers entertained as usual but the the effort is worth it and we're keeping them safe. Lets see how eased restrictions hit the infection rate before putting children at risk.
In Alberta they've said September but they also said it is possible that kids won't even go back to school then.

I think they’re easing it prematurely because they know either way a second wave will come and put a halt on the economy again but at least we can get the world moving for a few months..I don’t agree with it at all, it’s sad that money come before lives
Many lives will be lost too though if the economy stays paused. A lot of people are losing their jobs/homes and the jump in suicides is going to be huge. As well as people dying from not getting diagnosed with an illness that could have been detected or not receiving the treatment they need. Here in Alberta, they've started up treatments and surgery again but not sure if they are doing that in the UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
We’ve been told today that it’s likely to be September before they let anyone back into our office, can’t say I’m sorry to hear it

Reactions: 6

Uneccesarily judgemental and passive aggressive comments on this thread. (Not this comment) “They would have a fit if they were in my house”...

Laughing emojis etc from others too. Feels like being back at school and not pleasant to read when you’re feeling very vulnerable as it is and only come on here for support and to ask what others do in that situation as it was worrying me.

I'm one of those annoying people that put laughing emojis at the end of everything. Doesn't mean anything, just a habit.

Reactions: 9

I'm really sorry that you are feeling that way on here, no one should feel like that and it's not the environment anyone wants.

If it helps, I don't think anyone was being intentionally judgmental or anything like that. I think people are just trying to find humour in situations and mostly just laughing at themselves. Not trying to laugh at the expense of others.

We're all here for the same reasons, to have chat to keep us sane and get some advice if needed. I'm really sorry you felt like people had been cruel. I'd like to think we're all nice here and want to support each other. I hope you at least got some helpful advice and it helped ease your anxietes surrounding disinfecting, and takeaways etc. I think we're all a bit stressed about the outside world and how we can protect ourselves at the moment ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t know much about this condition but from what I know as a parent it’s been around for years yet the way I’m reading it in the press it’s like something new. I’ve read there has been no real uplift in cases due to C-19 and other viruses can trigger it too. Also, hasn’t the link still not been confirmed?

I am in no way dismissing what’s happening here, locally an 8 month old boy has recently died from this disease. I just take articles like this as scaremongering and playing on parents fears which in this environment is disgraceful x

Kawasaki disease has been around for years yes. This is a new disease connected to Covid that mimics Kawasaki, I.e symptoms are very similar but they all had Covid prior to falling ill with this new disease.

I agree, someone was told off by several people for “judging parents” on their uses of Tablets as babysitting devices (I took it as she was talking about ordinarily not in Covid times and I agree, there are so many parents who rely on tablets as babysitting devices in normal times) yet there’s no comeback for mocking people who are paranoid about catching a disease and dying?!

I’m shielding because I’m on immune suppressants, I wipe everything down when it’s delivered, I leave post in my hallway for days before I open it!

Mock away!!!!!!! And then feel grateful that you’re not in my bloody shoes! x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Kawasaki disease has been around for years yes. This is a new disease connected to Covid that mimics Kawasaki, I.e symptoms are very similar but they all had Covid prior to falling ill with this new disease.

I agree, someone was told off by several people for “judging parents” on their uses of Tablets as babysitting devices (I took it as she was talking about ordinarily not in Covid times and I agree, there are so many parents who rely on tablets as babysitting devices in normal times) yet there’s no comeback for mocking people who are paranoid about catching a disease and dying?!

I’m shielding because I’m on immune suppressants, I wipe everything down when it’s delivered, I leave post in my hallway for days before I open it!

Mock away!!!!!!! And then feel grateful that you’re not in my bloody shoes! x
Are government guidelines stating to be disinfecting deliveries shopping etc though? Just wondering as im not shielding so never had to look into it. I thought the chances of catching the virus by touching something contaminated are very small unless directly coughed sneezed at a few minutes prior to contact with said object. Not mocking anyone doing anything btw everyone is free to do what they like but at the same time everyone is free not to do what others do 🤷🏼‍♀️

I wasn’t referring to emojis at the end of comments. Everyone does that especially if your comment is funny! I was referring to people clicking the laughing emoji on posts that are quite unkind. It’s not funny.

Yes I would “have a fit” I’m sure in many of your houses. That is because I have severe ocd coupled with two severe illnesses that leave me immune compromised and housebound permanently way before the Coronavirus. This illness could kill me and my daughter the same way any virus could. I know we all have different opinions and we are not all the same with how we approach things. All I ask is that we don’t mock and we are just kind.

I anticipate this all being deleted anyway but hopefully enough people read it before it is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I wasn’t referring to emojis at the end of comments. Everyone does that especially if your comment is funny! I was referring to people clicking the laughing emoji on posts that are quite unkind. It’s not funny.

Yes I would “have a fit” I’m sure in many of your houses. That is because I have severe ocd coupled with two severe illnesses that leave me immune compromised and housebound permanently way before the Coronavirus. This illness could kill me and my daughter the same way any virus could. I know we all have different opinions and we are not all the same with how we approach things. All I ask is that we don’t mock and we are just kind.

I anticipate this all being deleted anyway but hopefully enough people read it before it is.
I understand why it's a sensitive issue for you and I know there are many others on here who are disinfecting shopping and being extra cautious.

However, the lady you are quoting made that comment about her friend not at anybody on here. I don't think anyone is meaning to be unkind. Certainly no-one is laughing at you.

There's usually a good balance on here between those that are cleaning shopping and those that aren't bothering and apart from a bit of surprise from both sides that others are doing the opposite to them, I haven't seen anything unkind.

I'm really sorry you feel unsupported though. The whole point of this thread is that we are all in it together, no matter our different perspectives. I hope you got some responses that have helped you.

• Heart

That was me that said that and I stand by it, as would they 👍🏻Jeez, can’t judge and now can’t make a light hearted comment about how people are dealing with things. It wasn’t a dig by any means to anyone here and them too! People would say the same about my lack of cleaning - doesn’t bother me.
I thought this place was somewhere we could come and be ourselves? People can stick the knife into influencers and it’s OK but a bit of general observation about how my friends react isn’t. Are we seriously getting to snowflake stage 🙄

I understand why it's a sensitive issue for you and I know there are many others on here who are disinfecting shopping and being extra cautious.

However, the lady you are quoting made that comment about her friend not at anybody on here. I don't think anyone is meaning to be unkind. Certainly no-one is laughing at you.

There's usually a good balance on here between those that are cleaning shopping and those that aren't bothering and apart from a bit of surprise from both sides that others are doing the opposite to them, I haven't seen anything unkind.

I'm really sorry you feel unsupported though. The whole point of this thread is that we are all in it together, no matter our different perspectives. I hope you got some responses that have helped you.
Thank you ❤ That comment has seriously f’ed me off x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

I know it was about her friend. However, as I am doing the same as her friend and cleaning things that come in the house etc beforehand am I not in the same group as those that she is mocking? Others on this thread too. If it’s an unkind comment about people who do this in general surely you would expect those whose lives this is full time to be slightly offended. Is it not just unnecessary ? What’s the need for it? The wording etc. I came back on here to see if there were a more helpful comments and all
I have seen is people suggesting it’s ludicrous to do what I do. So yes that obviously hurts. That’s just the way it is, however I appreciate what you’re trying to say.

That was me that said that and I stand by it, as would they 👍🏻Jeez, can’t judge and now can’t make a light hearted comment about how people are dealing with things. It wasn’t a dig by any means to anyone here and them too! People would say the same about my lack of cleaning - doesn’t bother me.
I thought this place was somewhere we could come and be ourselves? People can stick the knife into influencers and it’s OK but a bit of general observation about how my friends react isn’t. Are we seriously getting to snowflake stage 🙄

Thank you ❤ That comment has seriously f’ed me off x
Just wondering why just wanting people to be a bit more kind and thoughtful to each other makes me a snowflake? Could apply the same logic to anything anyone has ever been offended by or that you have been offended by

Last edited:
I know it was about her friend. However, as I am doing the same as her friend and cleaning things that come in the house etc beforehand am I not in the same group as those that she is mocking? Others on this thread too. If it’s an unkind comment about people who do this in general surely you would expect those whose lives this is full time to be slightly offended. Is it not just unnecessary ? What’s the need for it? The wording etc. I came back on here to see if there were a more helpful comments and all
I have seen is people suggesting it’s ludicrous to do what I do. So yes that obviously hurts. That’s just the way it is, however I appreciate what you’re trying to say.
Nobody is being judgemental. People are sharing their own experiences and what they do. The fact they can’t be bothered is exactly the same as you doing it. You say each to their own in a comment above, then stick to it. Do what makes you feel comfortable and safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Nobody is being judgemental. People are sharing their own experiences and what they do. The fact they can’t be bothered is exactly the same as you doing it. You say each to their own in a comment above, then stick to it. Do what makes you feel comfortable and safe.
It’s the way things are worded. Yes of course each to their own! I have not referenced those that don’t wish to do the same as I do in the same way as others have done. Until things get slightly personal or genuinely come across as unkind.

I genuinely can’t cope with this anymore. I was simply asking that we could be more mindful. If that makes me a snowflake then so be it. Will leave it there.

practice what you preach because it looks like you're the one dragging the attitude onto this thread right now.

I genuinely can’t cope with this anymore. I was simply asking that we could be more mindful. If that makes me a snowflake then so be it. Will leave it there.
if you’re struggling with the thread, take some time away, don’t bring your issues here and lay them on everyone else.

i don’t even know how this started but I don’t see anyone else making drama right now 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
For months people have been having a conversation about who disinfectants the shopping & who doesn’t. I’ve never once seen anybody be judgemental or laughing at somebody for doing so. The comment has blow out of proportion for no reason.

• Heart
You are dealing with real human beings here! Jesus Christ
you’re on a gossip thread.
34 threads of over 1000 posts each, the majority of the time people here are supportive, they find humour in each other’s comments, they support each other, if you take offence at something someone says take some time away, report it if it breaks a rule or try and approach the person and resolve it in a calm manner.

but you’ve derailed the thread, attacked moderation for no reason 🙄 and told everyone what they’re doing or saying wrong.

I‘m saying take some time away if you’re finding it too much, we all do it. I did during the week. It’s not that deep. youre creating an argument when there’s no need for one.

none of your messages have been removed, admin remove arguments so the thread runs smoothly and to avoid upset, arguments or drama like this,
but nobody needs to “rush” to read your post, you don’t need to “hope” your words have an impact before they’re removed, they had an impact. 🙄

anyway, moving on...

• Heart
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.