Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i know I shouldn’t agree, but I agree 😐
Or something along those lines, I don’t know if they were developing it as a weapon and it leaked by accident 🤷‍♀️
I just don’t buy into bat and basil soup... or whatever that mess of an explanation was.
I'm pretty sure it does actually come from a bat. They found coronavirus in bats in 2005 after the sars outbreak. British and american scientists have been studying it so it's not a chinese thing.

Idk whether it came from a wet market or came from a lab. I find it kind of unlikely it would have been leaked by accident just cause the labs they use are really sophisticated. But the virus did originate in bats.

Reactions: 2
I'm pretty sure it does actually come from a bat. They found coronavirus in bats in 2005 after the sars outbreak. British and american scientists have been studying it so it's not a chinese thing.

Idk whether it came from a wet market or came from a lab. I find it kind of unlikely it would have been leaked by accident just cause the labs they use are really sophisticated. But the virus did originate in bats.
1000000000% believe it came from a lab and not bat and basil soup 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I read an article on the syndrome effecting kids the other day. I'm trying to find it but researchers in Britain have a small number of cases in a study which has shown that while not all the children tested positive for currently having Covid they all tested positive for antibodies which points towards them having had it.

The disease is an inflammatory response and it's thought that children who have had Covid perhaps mildly their bodies immune system is then going into over drive in response to it (autoimmune response)

So it would therefore explain why you would see a peak in this a few weeks after the peak in actual Covid cases. They still say it is a small number of cases but that they still don't know much about it as it's so new.

Also here is an article from the guardian bit not the one I read before.

Reactions: 7

"All of the children tested negative in the traditional lab-based test used to diagnose COVID-19 in adults.

However, a custom-built antibody test revealed the young patients had been infected with the coronavirus and produced antibodies to fight off the pathogen.

Doctors who treated the children say antibody tests are the only way to accurately identify the presence of the virus in children suffering with the hyperinflammatory condition, which can be fatal.

It remains unknown why the syndrome develops weeks after infection, but scientists believe it may be due to a severe overreaction from the body’s own immune system.

This ‘immune-mediated pathology’ causes the immune system to go haywire and can cause damage to the body’s own cells."

Reactions: 6
The figures are reassuring past few days but I know they're always lower on a Sunday and a Monday. Still gives me a bit of hope that we are heading in the right direction but I'm still worried that this second peak is just around the corner as too many people are ignoring the rules and doing what they want

Reactions: 5
This picture made me cry. Brings back unwelcome memories

Omg 💔 My daughters 5 and called Scarlett. This made me cry.

• Sad
Genuine question, why do you think they would manifacture a virus? What do you think their motive would be?
To reduce the world's population? To use it as a version of a chemical attack? To reset the economy? To begin to bring in effect the new world order?

Some reasons are crazy but then I think the crazier the theory, the more likely as noone could possibly be that would happen.

Reactions: 8
Can someone explain something in layman's terms for me.

Everyone is really pleased that the daily death rate is getting lower and seem to be saying that it's really good and this is what we want to see in order to open things up again.

However I've not seen anywhere basing the opening up on the number of new cases, surely that's what we would be opening up on?

He's just said on the briefing that the number of new cases is up on yesterday by over 2,000.

Obviously the more tests we do, the more will come back positive but surely that means there's more of the virus in the country. Now lockdown as pretty much ended, surely that means we are all now mingling and the virus will spread quicker and more rapidly.

They've just said that there's a slight decline in new cases but it seems like a high number each day are being confirmed.

I don't know, I've confused myself now!

Reactions: 1
They have contracted my MIL (key worker) about doing a covid test. Shes said but shes got no symptoms. They are just wanting him their daily test figures 🤔 Surely they will be best offering the tests to the general public who have symptoms.

Edit: dont know who "they" are. Just what my partners told me.

Reactions: 1

Everyone is really pleased that the daily death rate is getting lower and seem to be saying that it's really good and this is what we want to see in order to open things up again.

However I've not seen anywhere basing the opening up on the number of new cases, surely that's what we would be opening up on?

He's just said on the briefing that the number of new cases is up on yesterday by over 2,000.

Obviously the more tests we do, the more will come back positive but surely that means there's more of the virus in the country. Now lockdown as pretty much ended, surely that means we are all now mingling and the virus will spread quicker and more rapidly.

They've just said that there's a slight decline in new cases but it seems like a high number each day are being confirmed.

They are looking at rate of death and rate of infection separately. You’d need to factor in the % of people who catch it and then die vs those who don’t. If you get the COVID reporting app it’s hugely helpful to show the rate and infection in your area.
4879CD3B-5E1B-4371-B7BF-B90D191C2312.png

They have contracted my MIL (key worker) about doing a covid test. Shes said but shes got no symptoms. They are just wanting him their daily test figures 🤔 Surely they will be best offering the tests to the general public who have symptoms.

Edit: dont know who "they" are. Just what my partners told me.
What does she do?

I think they’re starting to clamp down on keyworker testing as it seems a lot of care homes are having all their staff tested.

They are now doing over 100k tests per day so cases percentage wise are declining. It they were doing 100k tests a day from the beginning we would have had about 7-10k cases a day during the peak i’d say. But the capacity was more like 30k a day through the peak thats why the cases still seem high but they are definitely declining.

Reactions: 3
What does she do?

I think they’re starting to clamp down on keyworker testing as it seems a lot of care homes are having all their staff tested.
Childcare provider.
It's about time for the care home staff to get tested. Not their fault, I feel sorry for the staff.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.