Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else just feeling hopeless right now? I just can't see how things will ever be normal again. I do an alright job of powering through day by day but duck me it's all so overwhelming when you mull it over isn't it. The thought that this could be life now for the foreseeable, kids losing their instinct to hug people and having to sit away from their friends when schools do return, that's made me really sad tonight.
Sorry just needed to write that down.
I felt like this last week and the week before. Really bleak and as you say, hopeless. I'm happy to say I feel ok this week. Not sure what's changed or how long the positive feelings will last but I hope your better week comes soon too.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I wonder when we’ll be able to extend our “bubble” without the need to socially distance from the selected ones. I just want a hug from my boyfriend😫

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm struggling a bit today. Okay, a lot.
I'm bored, so I'm on social media a lot more, which makes me sad because my account feeds are full of people enjoying days out and revelling in the freedom they do have, whilst I'm still shielding.
I'm getting so bored of playing with my child, it sounds awful but it's getting so monotonous, I've ordered some new games online for us to play to shake things up a bit. I feel that the more freedom the general public get, the harder shielding is going to become.

To make things worse, I'm out of my antidepressants because I'm so bloody stupid and got them confused with my antibiotics (got an infected cut) so I've ordered more today but then I've got to try and get a family member to pick them up for me on Thursday.

I know I'm being a selfish asshole but I am just finding it so hard now. 8 weeks I've been trapped inside.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder when we’ll be able to extend our “bubble” without the need to socially distance from the selected ones. I just want a hug from my boyfriend😫
this! I haven’t seen my girlfriend since 2 weeks before Lock down!! 😭 we’re viewing a house together on Friday and being 2m away is going to suck!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
we can’t stay in households forever!!! Come on the bubble!! Xx

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I've decided that I'm going to see my dad on father's day. I'll just knock and stand at the gate and leave him his card on the doorstep and won't hang around for long. I shouldn't as I'm shielding but it's giving me something to look forward to and I think it'll give me the boost I need should this shielding period get extended after the 30th June. I shouldn't come in to contact with anyone else in the process so reckon it's pretty safe and my sanity needs it. Got a good few weeks yet but it's something positive to focus on

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That's what I'm wondering too .How will people form relationships,teenagers etc .Hell the 40yr old virgin just might be a thing !

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm struggling a bit today. Okay, a lot.
I'm bored, so I'm on social media a lot more, which makes me sad because my account feeds are full of people enjoying days out and revelling in the freedom they do have, whilst I'm still shielding.
I'm getting so bored of playing with my child, it sounds awful but it's getting so monotonous, I've ordered some new games online for us to play to shake things up a bit. I feel that the more freedom the general public get, the harder shielding is going to become.

To make things worse, I'm out of my antidepressants because I'm so bloody stupid and got them confused with my antibiotics (got an infected cut) so I've ordered more today but then I've got to try and get a family member to pick them up for me on Thursday.

I know I'm being a selfish asshole but I am just finding it so hard now. 8 weeks I've been trapped inside.
You're not being selfish, you are being human.
We are living in unprecedented times (did you know, it's not like anyone's mentioned it 🤪), it's hard adjusting to change.
The problem with attaching guilt to emotions is that you never allow yourself to work through the feelings. You're allowed to be bored, you're allowed to need some breathing space from your child.
Erm... my pep talk has run out of steam...mainly because I am almost completely unable to take my own advice.

I just wanted you to know that you're not alone 🤗

• Heart
I've finally got the doctor tomorrow for my depo injection, I will be relieved to have it. My dr is requiring people to wear masks, luckily we have homemade ones. I am feeling quite nervous but probably shouldn't be as the reception area is large enough to social distance and it is never very busy anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That's what I'm wondering too .How will people form relationships,teenagers etc .Hell the 40yr old virgin just might be a thing !
I’m certainly not having any more children to keep the population going...

• Haha
I've finally got the doctor tomorrow for my depo injection, I will be relieved to have it. My dr is requiring people to wear masks, luckily we have homemade ones. I am feeling quite nervous but probably shouldn't be as the reception area is large enough to social distance and it is never very busy anyway.
I had some tentative good news on that front too. My GP phoned me back to say they will do my Depo after all. Apparently June 1st is a provisional re-opening date for some routine appointments and mine is due just after.
I'm so relieved because I wasn't loving the idea of injecting myself with the alternative press thingy. I did also find a private practice that would do it as a back up which is very reassuring.

Reactions: 3
What about us singletons? The dating pool was bleak before Lockdown and now we can’t even interact in person! I’m officially screwed and not in the good way 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thank god I persisted with the coil.
So many babies will be born because of the lockdown 😂
I seriously think a LOT of people will be put off kids after seeing the rest of us struggle!

Although 10 years ago I was trying (and failing) to have a baby. If you told me then this would happen.....I probably would have kept trying anyway as all of us have pre children have those rose tinted glasses 🤣

Reactions: 3
Someone on my local community page has just asked if anyone knows when Ikea is opening. Almost dropped a laughing emoji on there before I realised where I was 😂

• Haha
I seriously think a LOT of people will be put off kids after seeing the rest of us struggle!

Although 10 years ago I was trying (and failing) to have a baby. If you told me then this would happen.....I probably would have kept trying anyway as all of us have pre children have those rose tinted glasses 🤣
Imagine- If you have a male you are permitted to touch you must reproduce to keep the population going. Handmaids tale-esque spin off waiting to happen.

Reactions: 2

Glad you finally got your baby ❤

Sometime I lay on my bed and imagine this lock down with out kids.... Naps, wine with lunch, lay ins, hot tub chills, casual strolls in the country side and a nice clean home.

After 2 seconds I hear "Mummy, I'm hungry" "Mummy can you just...." "Mummy can you find me..."
Or my baby going bat tit crazy because she cant get to the tv wires, the cat or just something she shouldn't have 😂
My Hoover is on about 5 times a day because the baby trys to eat ever single speck that gets on the carpet from her sister who's in and out all day.

Ah love them to bits, especially now they are fast on it bed 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 8
For future reference they now prescribe one you can administer at home. I got it as mine was due early April and they gave me 2 for the next one too.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.