Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s not the flu 🙄 I’ve said “if we’re assuming it’s going to be like the flu”

It has huge similarities to the flu in so far as it attacks the respiratory system.
And flu season, will possibly be corona season 🤷‍♀️

in theory if schools and travel commence In September and not before, we could be slap bang in the middle of what could be a second wave.

sooooooooooo,

would it be a gamble worth taking to open up the country during the summer months, and see how it goes.

Im just brain farting
That's exactly what they are doing. 35,000 is better than they imagined so they can now afford to have more cases. As I said earlier, it's a rush opening to get more through before the predicted second wave in winter so it's not a huge dump of people then and they could possible avoid another lockdown if they keep it at a consistent level without high spikes.

All while claiming they are protecting people with a 2 metre distance of course.

I think there estimated worse case of 500,000 deaths for the UK is their predicted amount and we've only reach 35,000 so a way to go.

*whispers* still think it's a planned virus attack to cull the population *holds tin foil hat on and runs*

Reactions: 5
Our Spanish holiday hasn't been cancelled yet. Even had to go through the process of picking our plane seats just to rub salt in the wound! Couldn't even get our favourite plane seats as the plane was 3/4 full.
Is this with Ryan Air?? Their whole process seems a bit strange. My parents are going to Italy in June and they haven’t cancelled their flights yet but mine to Spain a few weeks later have been.

I feel this myself o have spent 2 months not going anywhere apart from supermarket and walks and the thought of going back to normal makes me feel so uneasy especially as I know nothing has changed in terms of the virus just the strain on the NHS.

I really worry how my kids are going to react as they have only been on walks and we have spent the last two months telling them to keep their distance from people and not seeing anyone. How do I explain to them when they need to go back to school /life that no the virus is not gone so they still need to wash their hands, stay 2 meters from people but they have to go to school and back to going out. I am worried they will be very anxious and confused !
Well that's the thing this will all fall on the teachers to sort out IMO. They'll be left with a lot of rolls to fill from educator to cleaner to psychologist,that's why I think so many are reluctant to return yet ! there's still a damn lot to sort out on the school front and we can't blame teachers in wanting to make sure they've as much in place as they possibly can before they bring the kids back.Otherwise the public opinion will change from useless government to useless teacher which IMO the gov PR team are already sowing the seeds on..

Reactions: 3
Thank you so much 💕
I've had it done too. Have they said it is cancer or is it removal for checking?

Is this with Ryan Air?? Their whole process seems a bit strange. My parents are going to Italy in June and they haven’t cancelled their flights yet but mine to Spain a few weeks later have been.
No, this is with Tui. Tui have cancelled everything to the 11th June and they have said they expect to be flying after this.

We are flying from East Midlands and going to Alicante. I don't know if either of these airports are open yet?

No, this is with Tui. Tui have cancelled everything to the 11th June and they have said they expect to be flying after this.

We are flying from East Midlands and going to Alicante. I don't know if either of these airports are open yet?
My flight was from East Mids too, I haven’t heard that it is open yet but could be wrong. Very stressful time not knowing what’s going on with bookings!

My June holiday hasn't been cancelled yet either. Surely it will be, there's no chance I'm going. I'd have nothing against going myself and chilling in a hotel room all week if I had to but can't imagine my 7 year old would be too pleased 😂

funny my trip to Disneyland Paris 15 years ago was also something id like to forget ! whole trip was a disaster frim start to finish 🤣
were we on the same trip 🤣
I bleeping couldn’t look at a mouse for years after.
I imagine a section of hell is like DLP from 15/20 years ago.

I’m sure it’s improved a lot but I’m in not rush to find out 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Been outside my house today for the first time in 9.5 weeks. Broke my shielding rules but I was one step away from getting carried off by men in white suits! Only went along the field outside our house and was out for 20 minutes max. The kids were in their element as they've also not left the house. Was strange and I got really emotional then panicky but going to do it once a week for my own sanity. Didn't see a single soul either so very low risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
were we on the same trip 🤣
I bleeping couldn’t look at a mouse for years after.
I imagine a section of hell is like DLP from 15/20 years ago.

I’m sure it’s improved a lot but I’m in not rush to find out 🤣
hahah possibly if you had a french train strike (not told at Ashford when we boarded!) 4 hour wait at Lille, child hated every ride, food poisoning (stuck in hotel room 4 24hrs with a 21 month child..who out of frustration at being stuck in uttered her first swear word ! proud moment 🤣) , queues queues and more effing queues, freezing cold , small world ride 😱.
i vowed never to return ..euro dismal is what we named it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Of course it’s scary and worrying, but I believe their teachers will do their very best to help our kids adjust to this new normal. We need to have faith in teachers, who are going into this daily, under immense pressure. They care for our kids and will handle this in the very best way they can. I’m confident of that.
I am sure they will do everything they can but I feel as an adult the information is so conflicting so it really is for kids. They don't get that yes the virus is still here but we need to get the economy moving. Kids are pretty black and white either the virus is dangerous or its not. That will be the hard thing mentally to get around and I do not think that the overall mental impact of this should be put onto teachers. God I'm struggling to work it out for my kids I would never want to put that responsibility on their teachers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Is anyone on here going to ask for a test now that anyone over the age of five can request one? Who knows how long it would show up for in your body though, I had the loss of smell and taste the first couple weeks after lockdown. Then, later on I had very bad gastrointestinal disturbances. I talked to a GP a couple of weeks ago and he said, yes you could have had it. My sense of taste isn’t great now.

Is anyone on here going to ask for a test now that anyone over the age of five can request one? Who knows how long it would show up for in your body though, I had the loss of smell and taste the first couple weeks after lockdown. Then, later on I had very bad gastrointestinal disturbances. I talked to a GP a couple of weeks ago and he said, yes you could have had it. My sense of taste isn’t great now.
I thought the test was only available to those who currently have symptoms

Reactions: 4
Nicola sturgeon says schools back in scotland 11th Aug , and it will be a part time module, between school and home

Reactions: 6
Just read the Scottish document. Happy to send mine back to school in August, part time is interesting.

Reactions: 6
More of a relief that it is part time . I like this idea
Honestly I wouldn't have minded full time 😂 part time seems sensible for now though.
I've a teacher in the family already panicking how she is going to have time to teach in class and set home learning. Suppose that's why the teachers are returning in June to plan ahead.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.