Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you work in a school in a deprived area where kids where same clothes for days, grubby and unwashed bodies... Constant black dirt under fingernails... You would be worried about kids going bAck to school . We told clothes need to be washed as soon you get home on 60 degree wash as it can live for 72 hrs. I 've seen kids today wearing same clothes two days running... Shower / bath nightly... Likely not😰😵
Surely the opposing argument to this is that these kids desperately need to go back to school? The gap between social classes of children in education is already huge let alone the awful impact this is going to have on these children. Some schools also have services to help kids with clean clothes and washing, which im sure they'd be keen to adapt to these circumstances to keep these children and other children safe, educated and happy.

Reactions: 13
Surely the opposing argument to this is that these kids desperately need to go back to school? The gap between social classes of children in education is already huge let alone the awful impact this is going to have on these children. Some schools also have services to help kids with clean clothes and washing, which im sure they'd be keen to adapt to these circumstances to keep these children and other children safe, educated and happy.
For some the school meal is the only meal :(

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Daily numbers just in for our province, 19 new cases, and 0 deaths. Holy tit, I am hoping our numbers will keep going down. The past week they were in the 50s for new cases daily, then the 30s. Alberta has done 221,571 tests since March. 6,735 total cases, 5,637 recovered. 58 in hospital, 7 in the ICU, and 126 deaths. I am really really hoping things will start to get better now.

Reactions: 8
Private nursery phoned me today, asked if I needed a place and explained the procedures. No hysterics and they would be open on the 1st June. Felt a world away from the local schools up here.

Reactions: 3
Private nursery phoned me today, asked if I needed a place and explained the procedures. No hysterics and they would be open on the 1st June. Felt a world away from the local schools up here.
Well that's the thing the government PR team have whipped everyone into a frenzy and put the fear of god into people ..in so much some are afraid to set foot outside ! then they've done a complete turn around and expect people just to skip happily back into the swing of things .This is a monster of their own making !!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m SW so I find this confusing as we’ve had a consistently low amount of cases etc but perhaps it’s because we haven’t had such a spike or something? Frustrating if so.
I am South West and equally confused
We know Gloucestershire had a spike
Maybe due to Cheltenham.
We knew we were few weeks behind London
Not sure numbers Devon Cornwall or Wiltshire.
I do read numbers for banes north Somerset bristol and South glos.
Do they mean the cities as they are very busy last few weeks like lockdown has not happened.
I think southmead is fairly quiet and the nightingale empty.
However there's regular travel between Midlands and wakes which have already had their peak so may be that's why South West now worth.

Our South West primary head has refused open up school next month it's still just keyworkers and the vunerable.

Reactions: 3
Well that's the thing the government PR team have whipped everyone into a frenzy and put the fear of god into people ..in so much some are afraid to set foot outside ! then they've done a complete turn around and expect people just to skip happily back into the swing of things .This is a monster of their own making !!
couldn't agree more.

maybe I’m just over it all, I know how bad that sounds btw,
fully aware how bad it sounds 😂

But I feel like I’m at the point where I’m happy to go back to normal (while being careful 😬)

I don’t trust what we’re being told on briefings and in the media.
I don’t trust the stats anymore,
Or the scare mongering,
Or any of it 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Found out tonight that a family member of mine is in the hospice with cancer and has little time left. Absolutely devastating. Because of the virus only 5 people allowed to visit, one at a time...parents, partner and two kids. None of her siblings can see her 😭

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Found out tonight that a family member of mine is in the hospice with cancer and has little time left. Absolutely devastated for her children. Because of the virus only 5 people allowed to visit, one at a time...parents, partner and two kids. None of her siblings can see her 😭
That's so sad, sorry to hear this :cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 1
couldn't agree more.

maybe I’m just over it all, I know how bad that sounds btw,
fully aware how bad it sounds 😂

But I feel like I’m at the point where I’m happy to go back to normal (while being careful 😬)

I don’t trust what we’re being told on briefings and in the media.
I don’t trust the stats anymore,
Or the scare mongering,
Or any of it 🤷‍♀️
I've just watched a vid on YT a professor on "This Morning " on "why we don't need a vaccine" he's spot on ! I don't know how to put it on here watch it ! He's absolutely right 👐

I've just watched a vid on YT a professor on "This Morning " on "why we don't need a vaccine" he's spot on ! I don't know how to put it on here watch it ! He's absolutely right 👐
Im just watching the hard core Disney fans going back into Disney springs today 😂

not related but also... kinda relate 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Was just discussing with my colleague earlier that we are going to have a shock going back to work in the office in the late summer. We've become acustomed to jogging bottoms and smart visible top, spending the day in slippers, coffee on tap, ability to belch with no notice, popping downstairs to pop some washing on, being home to have larger parcels delivered etc. How easy it is to form habits. Going back to work and having lunch at set time, wearing shoes, being polite, being around others...it's going to be strange, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Im just watching the hard core Disney fans going back into Disney springs today 😂

not related but also... kinda relate 🤣
I knew you were pining for Disney:LOL: Mickey Mouse won't look the same with a mask ,he'll scare the kids ..It'll be a waste of money ;)

• Haha
I knew you were pining for Disney:LOL: Mickey Mouse won't look the same with a mask ,he'll scare the kids ..It'll be a waste of money ;)
🤣 I keep defending myself,
I’ve never even been to Disney! (Well, a trip to Paris 20 years ago I’d rather forget 😐)
I just find the business side fascinating!

I’ve moved on to Trump and then Como 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Found out tonight that a family member of mine is in the hospice with cancer and has little time left. Absolutely devastating. Because of the virus only 5 people allowed to visit, one at a time...parents, partner and two kids. None of her siblings can see her 😭
This is the true face of this thing ,all the families that can't comfort or say goodbye to their loved ones.Very sorry to hear of your family member xx

🤣 I keep defending myself,
I’ve never even been to Disney! (Well, a trip to Paris 20 years ago I’d rather forget 😐)
I just find the business side fascinating!

I’ve moved on to Trump and then Como 😂
I remember you were looking at meal deals 😂 that signals TRIP to me ,you🤥..own it :ROFLMAO:

Sorry to brain dump this, but I'm panicing and don't want to start a new thread for a minor thing.

I put my train season ticket refund in on the 14th April with TLR. I am due over £2,600 back. It says you should hear within 28 days and if you don't contact them with your reference number. I never got a reference number, I am really unlucky with these things and usually end up missing out and being told they didn't receive it. I am now just panicking that I've messed it up and they will just come back with, we didn't get your application so sorry end of :cry:
I also put my refund in for a rail ticket in April, I had to do it on line and they sent me an email (straight away) once it all went through with the reference number on. If you done this on line then they will definitely have a record of it and in any case, they will know that you haven't used your season ticket since the date you told them. It will be ok, don't worry.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just don't remember. If someone in the house has tested positive how long does the people he lives with need to isolate too?
It's 14 days but only 7 days if you live on your own.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has already been discussed but why is Piers Morgan saying theres been 62k deaths in the UK? Where did he get this figure?
And the drop in testing is shocking. Matt Hancock has a lot to answer for!! But again, WHERE IS BORIS!?

Reactions: 2
Please don't bite my head off but I think there should be a new forum regarding covid and children going back to school as this is a forum regarding covid in general and how people are dealing and what they think about it and there's pages and pages of parents discussing kids going back to school and other issues and non parents (I am a parent btw) are being sidelined.

I've been disgusted today with people's attitudes on my local news site. People were complaining that they couldn't get a parking space at our local beach. I don't know what anyone else thinks but it feels now Boris has 'slightly' changed our lock down situation it's gone from we are all in this together to people looking out for themselves

My 'personal' opinion about all this is I feel the death rate has been overestimated, please don't get me wrong people have died and yes I do know someone who has passed with covid and covid only but I've read and seen many accounts of covid being placed on death certificates even when not tested. My life hasn't changed since he started unlocking us hasn't changed I am still doing the same. I go for walks and do my shopping. What annoys me the most is when you have to queue to get in a supermarket and once you are in there no one bothers with social distancing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I've got to leave the house next week for a hospital appointment (skin cancer removal) and I'm absolutely terrified. I'm more scared of leaving the house, than I am the procedure, as I've been shielding.
Every time I think about going outside I cry 😭 total opposite to how I thought I'd be. I've been itching to get out of the house and now I can, I don't want to.
Regarding the procedure. It’s absolutely fine. I had it done twice , once to cut the mole to check if it was melanoma, and when it did come back positive, they had to go back in and remove more
Skin and into the deeper layers too. I went in a
Nervous wreck and asked the nurses if I could play my absolute radio and they were happy for me to blast it 🤣🤣 they even sang with me.
I had no pain afterwards, and it healed pretty fast too. Don’t worry, it’s a quick and painless procedure
❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel this myself o have spent 2 months not going anywhere apart from supermarket and walks and the thought of going back to normal makes me feel so uneasy especially as I know nothing has changed in terms of the virus just the strain on the NHS.

I really worry how my kids are going to react as they have only been on walks and we have spent the last two months telling them to keep their distance from people and not seeing anyone. How do I explain to them when they need to go back to school /life that no the virus is not gone so they still need to wash their hands, stay 2 meters from people but they have to go to school and back to going out. I am worried they will be very anxious and confused !

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.