Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nicola Sturgeon really puts Boris to shame. Just watched her statement and it was so eloquently put and delivered and thought through. I think more females need to be country leaders! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There’s no right answer I feel. I worry that by not sending him back im disadvantaging him against those that do go back and a lot of catch up will be needed for sept but then I worry that sending him back too soon will make him vulnerable (he’s Mildly asthmatic). Ugh the never ending worries of a parent eh! I guess as I have the option of working from home for now I should probably just give it a few weeks and reassess how school gets on in the initial few weeks.
Yes It's hard knowing what to do for the best x

Surely you shouldn't be out anyway if you have symptoms? and I wondered how it would work if you happen to be in a queue beside someone, would it pick that up .if that's the case you'd be inside forever.It would keep alerting you?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Reading the Scottish roadmap and even phase 4 doesn’t look overly promising for having a ‘normal’ life again despite saying that would be when the virus no longer posed a significant threat. I’m struggling with this ongoing physical distancing too...can’t imagine what my 5 month old will be like if no one bar myself and his dad holds him for quite some time.
I feel the same about my 10month old - she was starting to get clingy before lockdown but I think this has made it worse. We've decided that even I'm still furloughed that if the nursery is open, we will look to see if she can go on half a day a week just to get used to being with other babies etc before going back in full time (or part time depending on what rules nursery put in for social distancing)

Reactions: 2
Nicola Sturgeon really puts Boris to shame. Just watched her statement and it was so eloquently put and delivered and thought through. I think more females need to be country leaders! ❤
I agree. I like that she admits when she doesn't know the answer to a question rather than babbling away.

Reactions: 7
Hi everyone, I hope you’re all well!

I haven’t been on these threads for awhile because I’m not in a great headspace, but I’ve gotten to the point where I’m furious at the pandemic itself.
Months ago I was constantly checking statistics, but now I’ve gotten all of that out of my head, I’m so so so angry at the world.

I suffer with depression and it’s heartbreaking that people are dying, however I am so furious with China. Why weren’t flights stopped? I can’t even get my antidepressants from the pharmacy currently because they’re not answering the phone.

I was already annoyed at the world, but this pandemic has just sent my brain into overdrive. I’m angry and upset with every little thing.

My 10 year old great nephew and his parents are getting tested today because he’s seriously ill, yet there’s selfish idiots going to the beach! I am furious with the world and want to scream at someone.
I can really relate. It's hard when you're frustrated at something that you can do nothing about. I'm so angry at the government here and the more countries that come out of lockdown cause they dealt with it properly (new zealand for example) the angrier I get. I've come off twitter now cause I just can't stand hearing more information about it when I know this whole thing could have been avoided. 30,000+ needless deaths. It just makes me so angry.

I had ago at my mum yesterday cause she wants to go over my aunties tomorrow and for me to go and pick her and my step dad up. I said no it's against the rules! We're in wales and our lockdown has continued.

I feel like a lot of people get that social distancing is when you HAVE to be around people. Not it's fine to go to the beach/park as long as your 2 metres away. It's different if it's just you and one other person and if it's really vital for your mental health. But my mum and stepdad are fine as is my auntie, her husband and kids. They just want a party.

Love to your great nephew and his parents! hope he recovers soon!❤

Last edited:
  • Wow
Just had a letter from my sons school (he’s reception). They are going ahead with 1st with the pod set up 15 kids per class. Can’t guarantee friends or teacher the kids know. Separate desks 2m apart, taped hallways and separate doors/toilets to use. Toys etc removed what can’t be easily cleaned. Separate pencils and pens. Have to wear clean uniform each day. No sanctions for parents not sending in but we won’t be getting the home support we have been up to now. Kids are expected back full time.

Need to make a decision by end of tomorrow re if we are sending back or not so they are clear on numbers. I’m in the south west. I’m still thinking no as this isn’t the school my son knew and he’d only just gotten used to it and school behaviour before lockdown (he’s July born so a young reception).
It's different to our schools South West
We told part time
Also no sending work home if you choose keep them home it's not off not send any work.
Not that I hugely rate the generic work set hand emailed.

Reactions: 3
The new Roche test will be available for everyone on the NHS they've struck a deal .

• Heart
It's different to our schools South West
We told part time
Also no sending work home if you choose keep them home it's not off not send any work.
Not that I hugely rate the generic work set hand emailed.
It’s so inconsistent isn’t it between schools. It’s so hard to know what to do if there isn’t one universal response.

So I have read the full Scottish phased plan and tbh I think it is very well thought out. Very detailed and generally happy. However, it appears that I can go to the gym in phase three with with the sweat, people who don't wash down the machines, people generally being disgusting BEFORE I can meet my partner and get some. the duck?

Last edited:
So I have read the full Scottish phased plan and tbh I think it is very well thought out. Very detailed and generally happy. However, it appears that I can go to the gym in phase four with with the sweat, people who don't wash down the machines, people generally being disgusting BEFORE I can meet my partner and get some. the duck?
My gym sent a email saying they were making plans to open on the 4th of july. I was like okay first of all, no one knows where we'll be then, second of all, IF we are still in lockdown, everyone and their mother is going to get a gym membership as it's something to do!! Let me tell you, if I can't get back to the gym cause sally and ron who've never stepped foot in a gym in their life decided to join cause they've "got nothing else to do" I will launch my kettlebell with every ounce of strength I've got clean at them. I've missed the gym the most next to junk food. I don't even care about seeing my family tbh (no offence to them but we're not close) I just want a kfc vegan burger and a good weight session.

ok I'm done now 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Just been out to the ice cream van after my post yesterday. No screens, no signs, cash as usual. She’s still got her teenage daughter serving customers as she always has done. Our hands touched as I passed her the money and honestly it’s just made me feel a bit tit, but I don’t know if I’m over thinking things and over reacting or whether I’m entitled to feel like this. Is this what life is like now?

I washed the change when I got in and my hands obviously, but I’m not making a habit of getting one!

• Sad
My gym sent a email saying they were making plans to open on the 4th of july. I was like okay first of all, no one knows where we'll be then, second of all, IF we are still in lockdown, everyone and their mother is going to get a gym membership as it's something to do!! Let me tell you, if I can't get back to the gym cause sally and ron who've never stepped foot in a gym in their life decided to join cause they've "got nothing else to do" I will launch my kettlebell with every ounce of strength I've got clean at them. I've missed the gym the most next to junk food. I don't even care about seeing my family tbh (no offence to them but we're not close) I just want a kfc vegan burger and a good weight session.

ok I'm done now 😂
100% tbf. I love the gym. I'd kill to have to back but the logic to me fails. I have seen the disgusting ass way people are in that building. On top of that some people just sweat ALOT. There is one man at my gym who honestly looks like a bucket of water has been dumped on him. He is streaming with it and it drips everywhere. The machines he uses are covered. AND YET that is safer than me touching my partner???????? Does not compute in my brain.

Just been out to the ice cream van after my post yesterday. No screens, no signs, cash as usual. She’s still got her teenage daughter serving customers as she always has done. Our hands touched as I passed her the money and honestly it’s just made me feel a bit tit, but I don’t know if I’m over thinking things and over reacting or whether I’m entitled to feel like this. Is this what life is like now?

I washed the change when I got in and my hands obviously, but I’m not making a habit of getting one!
Oh no!! It’s awful that they haven’t put any precautions in place! I’d be upset by it too, so don’t think you’re overthinking! It’s disappointing, especially when they could get a lot of business if the right precautions were taken as it’s a treat and a bit of normal for people.

Reactions: 4
I feel the same about my 10month old - she was starting to get clingy before lockdown but I think this has made it worse. We've decided that even I'm still furloughed that if the nursery is open, we will look to see if she can go on half a day a week just to get used to being with other babies etc before going back in full time (or part time depending on what rules nursery put in for social distancing)
My 20month old was exactly the same. Wants to be joined to my hip 24/7 & constantly whinging over nothing. Anyway we made the decision to send him back to nursery 2 weeks ago. His dad is a key worker & im furloughed to beginning of june. He has only been going 2 days a week & his behaviour has improved so much from it & has been loving going there. Had a few snide remarks from some family & friends over it, but my child my rules.

Reactions: 4

And what did you do with the ice cream..

100% tbf. I love the gym. I'd kill to have to back but the logic to me fails. I have seen the disgusting ass way people are in that building. On top of that some people just sweat ALOT. There is one man at my gym who honestly looks like a bucket of water has been dumped on him. He is streaming with it and it rips everywhere. The machines he uses are covered. AND YET that is safer than me touching my partner???????? Does not compute in my brain.
Yeah it really doesn't make sense that you can go into an environment where everyone is sweating and the atmosphere is all moist and is full of metal surfaces. Your partner is not a metal surface 😂 My gym has a sauna as well so I'm hoping they don't open that lmao. I really don't know how they're going to do it unless they're going to limit people in an out? Book a slot to go maybe and then it's every other machine? my gym is huge so it is managable but would only work if people played by the rules. Guarenteed though there'll be the assholes who don't.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.