Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly I wouldn't have minded full time 😂 part time seems sensible for now though.
I've a teacher in the family already panicking how she is going to have time to teach in class and set home learning. Suppose that's why the teachers are returning in June to plan ahead.
Workload is going to be a huge issue. And tbh teacher retention is already shocking because of it.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone, I hope you’re all well!

I haven’t been on these threads for awhile because I’m not in a great headspace, but I’ve gotten to the point where I’m furious at the pandemic itself. Months ago I was constantly checking statistics, but now I’ve gotten all of that out of my head, I’m so so so angry at the world.

I suffer with depression and it’s heartbreaking that people are dying, however I am so furious with China. Why weren’t flights stopped? I can’t even get my antidepressants from the pharmacy currently because they’re not answering the phone.

I was already annoyed at the world, but this pandemic has just sent my brain into overdrive. I’m angry and upset with every little thing.

My 10 year old great nephew and his parents are getting tested today because he’s seriously ill, yet there’s selfish idiots going to the beach! I am furious with the world and want to scream at someone.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Is anyone on here going to ask for a test now that anyone over the age of five can request one? Who knows how long it would show up for in your body though, I had the loss of smell and taste the first couple weeks after lockdown. Then, later on I had very bad gastrointestinal disturbances. I talked to a GP a couple of weeks ago and he said, yes you could have had it. My sense of taste isn’t great now.
My cousin has been sent one for her and her daughter she says has lost her sense of smell and taste and similar has gastro issues. GP told her to request a test. She has a 5 year old at home who is being tested as well

Reactions: 2
My cousin has been sent one for her and her daughter she says has lost her sense of smell and taste and similar has gastro issues. GP told her to request a test. She has a 5 year old at home who is being tested as well
Do they not check? so anyone can send for one instead of buying one 🤔

Do they not check? so anyone can send for one instead of buying one 🤔
No idea all was done was online!

when it was just keyworkers though I could just state I was a key worker and no evidence needed....

Reactions: 1
No idea all was done was online!

when it was just keyworkers though I could just state I was a key worker and no evidence needed....
Just wondered as everyone will more than likely take advantage of that instead of buying one.

Just had a letter from my sons school (he’s reception). They are going ahead with 1st with the pod set up 15 kids per class. Can’t guarantee friends or teacher the kids know. Separate desks 2m apart, taped hallways and separate doors/toilets to use. Toys etc removed what can’t be easily cleaned. Separate pencils and pens. Have to wear clean uniform each day. No sanctions for parents not sending in but we won’t be getting the home support we have been up to now. Kids are expected back full time.

Need to make a decision by end of tomorrow re if we are sending back or not so they are clear on numbers. I’m in the south west. I’m still thinking no as this isn’t the school my son knew and he’d only just gotten used to it and school behaviour before lockdown (he’s July born so a young reception).

Reactions: 5
Just had a letter from my sons school (he’s reception). They are going ahead with 1st with the pod set up 15 kids per class. Can’t guarantee friends or teacher the kids know. Separate desks 2m apart, taped hallways and separate doors/toilets to use. Toys etc removed what can’t be easily cleaned. Separate pencils and pens. Have to wear clean uniform each day. No sanctions for parents not sending in but we won’t be getting the home support we have been up to now. Kids are expected back full time.

Need to make a decision by end of tomorrow re if we are sending back or not so they are clear on numbers. I’m in the south west. I’m still thinking no as this isn’t the school my son knew and he’d only just gotten used to it and school behaviour before lockdown (he’s July born so a young reception).
They will all have to learn a new way of doing things going forward ,but do what you feel is right for your family .If they're not sanctioning parents there's no pressure to send them if you feel now is not the right time...

Reactions: 2
They will all have to learn a new way of doing things going forward ,but do what you feel is right for your family .If they're not sanctioning parents there's no pressure to send them if you feel now is not the right time...
There’s no right answer I feel. I worry that by not sending him back im disadvantaging him against those that do go back and a lot of catch up will be needed for sept but then I worry that sending him back too soon will make him vulnerable (he’s Mildly asthmatic). Ugh the never ending worries of a parent eh! I guess as I have the option of working from home for now I should probably just give it a few weeks and reassess how school gets on in the initial few weeks.

This is how I felt with my son (5 in august) and I received an email from the school to say they're not allowing reception and year 1 back as they're too young for all the changes, social distancing etc. They're only letting year 6 back. So made the decision for me which im grateful for.

Reactions: 6
My daughter has even on furlough from her work in an office environment, and word was to return first week in June. Yesterday she was told everyone’s furloughed until the end of July now, back in August if safe to do so.

Reactions: 3
Finally heard from the hospital after 10 weeks. I'm back at oncology on the 3rd July and they've given me permission to have short daily walks. I'm over the moon

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Reading the Scottish roadmap and even phase 4 doesn’t look overly promising for having a ‘normal’ life again despite saying that would be when the virus no longer posed a significant threat. I’m struggling with this ongoing physical distancing too...can’t imagine what my 5 month old will be like if no one bar myself and his dad holds him for quite some time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.