Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If my uni are staying online for the year I'll be considering taking the year out tbh. I really struggled without the proper environment and use of the library. Not to mention trying to home school at the same time.

Reactions: 3
Yes we were informed on our weekly school update.

Work they do in school won't be curriculum and will be similar to work they are sending for home learning .

We received a big list detailing how it will be and what to expect for those children going to school.

I was giggling at a meme of this the other day

In simple terms it's like using the same condom on 10 women🤮😁
I'd say some men do 😂

• Sick
Reactions: 1
EB64BC31-931F-4A31-8576-57685EBA67A8.jpeg

In other breaking news.
water is wet,
and a day is 24 hours in length.

Jesus Christ, I know schools are closed but are adults regressing?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I graduated in July 2020. If I was due to start uni this year I would 100% be deferring. Even now, freshers week was the one week that stands out as the highlight of my uni experience. I couldn’t imagine starting a new uni, knowing nobody and not having those opportunities to meet people. If lectures are cancelled then all social events will be to which is part of what you pay for.

Uni students have been completely forgotten by the government though all of this. No doubt they’ll be paying full fees still despite not getting the full experience and teaching.
I am due to graduate in July 2020. I was going on to do a post grad in September at a different Uni. Without giving too much away about myself, it’s absolutely not the type of course that could be delivered effectively online, plus, it’s a ridiculously expensive course. I really don’t know what to do at this stage. I do feel students have been forgotten about completely.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Sorry late to this thread, but is it still okay to be mad at people not following the rules? I’ve been invited to 2 BBQ’s at the weekend and I’m completely furious that my friends would even organise them in the first place! Am I being ridiculous or is it out of order?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Not going to lie but im waking up feeling miserable each day at a time. Anyone else just getting down over the lockdown?

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Nicola Sturgeon just made a great dig about Boris not being present for questioning alot of the time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Nicola Sturgeon just made a great dig about Boris not being present for questioning alot of the time 😂
I didn’t even like her at the start of all this, and now I’m considering getting “I love Nicola Sturgeon” car bumper sticker, and a cardboard cut out of her to stare at me while I sleep 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I didn’t even like her at the start of all this, and now I’m considering getting “I love Nicola Sturgeon” car bumper sticker, and a cardboard cut out of her to stare at me while I sleep 🤣
I was the same, found her insufferable when she went on about independence but my option of her has definitely changed.

Reactions: 9
Sorry late to this thread, but is it still okay to be mad at people not following the rules? I’ve been invited to 2 BBQ’s at the weekend and I’m completely furious that my friends would even organise them in the first place! Am I being ridiculous or is it out of order?
Same - I’ve been invited to a BBQ next weekend, and I know I’ll be the only one who doesn’t go and I’ll look like the boring friend :cautious: I feel a bit left out in all honesty as this will be the “big reunion” and I won’t be part of it.

• Sad
If my uni are staying online for the year I'll be considering taking the year out tbh. I really struggled without the proper environment and use of the library. Not to mention trying to home school at the same time.
why are unis staying shut ? Do they know something the rest of us dont? I mean they want little children to go back to school in just over a week but adults that could socially distance perfectly are being told their uni courses will solely be online based and they have to pay thousands of tuition fees still? 🤔

Reactions: 9
why are unis staying shut ? Do they know something the rest of us dont? I mean they want little children to go back to school in just over a week but adults that could socially distance perfectly are being told their uni courses will solely be online based and they have to pay thousands of tuition fees still? 🤔
I agree - it seems so premature to decide now what will happen for the whole academic year when its still so far away? I graduated last year and would have hated for my learning to have all been online its for sure not the same level of teaching

Reactions: 2
In a way I think it could be harder to make older teenagers social distance when living away from home for the first time 👀

But yeah, doesn’t make sense to me either. Maybe because people will be coming from all across the country? But people will be travelling regardless.

Same - I’ve been invited to a BBQ next weekend, and I know I’ll be the only one who doesn’t go and I’ll look like the boring friend :cautious: I feel a bit left out in all honesty as this will be the “big reunion” and I won’t be part of it.
It’s crazy isn’t it?! I’m now at the stage where I’m questioning am I being ‘the boring’ one as they’re all so sure it’s a great idea!!

One side of my family all met up for a ‘socially distanced’ gathering at one of their houses recently. Of course they put all the pics on Facebook to prove they were all sitting exactly 2m apart at all times. Forgetting the fact that there’s no way they were sitting outside all night as it wasn’t warm and the house isn’t huge.... it’s like come on pull the other one you may have started off all socially distanced but we all know after a few drinks you were doing group hugs and conga lines round the garden🙄

I wonder why people even bother putting pics up when they know people are going to be thinking wtf are you doing we are not dumb.

If unis aren’t going back yet well that’s even more of a reason for me to keep my reception child off.

Any excuse to avoid doing the daily update. Im not complaining of course. :giggle: ;)
Oohh ! lovin the new avatar 😋:m

Maybe to do with the volume of people compared to schools..

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just don't remember. If someone in the house has tested positive how long does the people he lives with need to isolate too?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.