Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The people he lives with need to isolate for 14 days also? Just wondering as my friends work colleuge said he's only taking a week off because his son has tested positive.
It's 7 days for the positive person. 14 days for the rest of the house.

Reactions: 2
Is it true that other parts of the UK, Wales and parts of Northern England for example, are only just peaking? I read some parts of the UK are only just hitting their peak now.

Reactions: 3
Is it true that other parts of the UK, Wales and parts of Northern England for example, are only just peaking? I read some parts of the UK are only just hitting their peak now.
No idea, the media only seem to care about what’s happening in london most of the time :rolleyes:

Reactions: 11
I think they are unsure of if they have had their peak, the R number outside of London is higher so they could be yet to peak. I think London saw such a drop because it went from 100,000 of people going in each day to maybe 100s. As people go back all be it small numbers it could increase.

Ok all thoughts on this. Someone I am Facebook friends who has just posted a picture they had taken today of her and her friend with Gordon Ramsey in Cornwall. They obviously bumped into him and stopped for a photo. All close together and obviously not distancing?! Feel like selling it to the Daily Fail lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Ok all thoughts on this. Someone I am Facebook friends who has just posted a picture they had taken today of her and her friend with Gordon Ramsey in Cornwall. They obviously bumped into him and stopped for a photo. All close together and obviously not distancing?! Feel like selling it to the Daily Fail lol
Do it!

Reactions: 5
The ice cream van keeps coming down our street and I keep saying no to my son’s requests for one. However we’ve had takeaways, which makes me think I’m being a bit naive. I can’t see the food being made, I don’t have to physically take it off them so kind of out of sight out of mind?!
Whereas with the ice cream van I assume I’d be passing over cash and taking it from their hands.
Am I being daft?!

I wonder if schools in the areas with higher R rate won’t reopen as some areas are 0.8 where london is 0.4 that is a big difference!

Reactions: 1
If your both symptom free and feeling fine and go directly there with no stops then I can't see an issue from a cross infection point of view so long as you keep to the 2m apart rule.

I'll be honest, I was out with the dogs in the woods and came across a young family from the local village (2 adults and 2 under 10s) who were having a little picnic I kept me and the dogs about 5m away and we had a lovely little chat and the kids were just so happy to be there playing catch ball, cheered them up and cheered me up, no chance of cross infection and everyone was happy a total win win situation and absolutely no harm done.

Reactions: 3
I was the same, found her insufferable when she went on about independence but my option of her has definitely changed.
She definitely adds weight to the theory that the women leaders of the world have got this sorted and know exactly what needs doing!

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I just don't remember. If someone in the house has tested positive how long does the people he lives with need to isolate too?
14 days from the day the first person got symptoms.

I think. I'm confused by the quarantine bit!

Reactions: 4
The ice cream van keeps coming down our street and I keep saying no to my son’s requests for one. However we’ve had takeaways, which makes me think I’m being a bit naive. I can’t see the food being made, I don’t have to physically take it off them so kind of out of sight out of mind?!
Whereas with the ice cream van I assume I’d be passing over cash and taking it from their hands.
Am I being daft?!
Our ice cream van changed his gloves after every order. Also only taking contactless payments.

Apparently he's been a right nightmare. He has 4 holidays homes there and has been travelling between all of them, having loud parties that neighbours have complained about, days on the beach when we were on lockdown and he caused an RTA whole out on his bike.

One of the people from the village gave an interview saying his behaviour has been worse in lockdown. Things like parking his car on double yellows outside shops because he doesn't want to leave his carbon a car park and walking round like he owns the place.

I'd sell the picture!

Reactions: 7
See at the beginning of all this, I was a total anti rule breaker. And now I can feel myself being like oh bleeping (sorry) hell whatever, things aren’t black and white and if people want to sit in their friends and families gardens then fine 😂 because there really is an emotional cost to all of this. I still wouldn’t be comfortable having a picnic with family or going into their house, but I wouldn’t have a fit if my mum came to my garden. Does anyone else feel like this?

Apparently he's been a right nightmare. He has 4 holidays homes there and has been travelling between all of them, having loud parties that neighbours have complained about, days on the beach when we were on lockdown and he caused an RTA whole out on his bike.

One of the people from the village gave an interview saying his behaviour has been worse in lockdown. Things like parking his car on double yellows outside shops because he doesn't want to leave his carbon a car park and walking round like he owns the place.

I'd sell the picture!
No way! Omg this site always ruins my fave people 😭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Am I being daft?!
He keeps coming down our road too, I've said no to my girls because he can't pass an icecream and be 2 meters away. Said I'll buy some with our next food shop.

I'd sell the picture!
I can imagine he’s been a nightmare! Just shows that money can’t buy decency in a person.

Reactions: 5
Am I being daft?!
You have to order with our ice cream man and he then parks on the road and you go and fetch it. Not entirely sure how you get the order to him, everyone's talking about but there's no number to call 🤷‍♀️

Though I'd kill for a creme egg mcflurry

If he's wearing gloves and you keep a distance, I'm sure an ice cream would be fine.

My mums been keen to come round for a while. I’ve been putting if off as I’m very happy in my little bubble of home. But she’s been called back to work (in an opticians) and wants to come before she starts as she has only been to B&Q and the post office since lockdown.

So depending on the weather, she’s coming On Friday and then again on my birthday the following week. We’ll sit in the garden and she’ll bring her own mug and towel. We do have a downstairs loo we never use too. Im conscious of doing the right thing but my neighbours taken her ‘L’ plates off and been driving around.. clearly hasn’t been able to take a test!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.