Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #34

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had takeaways every week since lockdown. I haven't wiped down anything and I don't wipe down my shopping either. It would send me over the edge mentally if I did that.
I have friends that are Dettoling every single thing that comes in the house. Post and parcels sit in a holding area for 3 days until they open them. They flat out refuse takeaways too.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
then Mirror is reporting this

Until i hear concerns from medical and scientific staff im not concerned. Thats like saying i wont be sending my child to school because they could get the original kawasaki disease (both extremely rare) which has been around for years and years.
As I’m not a parent I can’t really speak too much on this, but I do feel that the Government need us to go back to work for the sake of the economy and know that a major factor in that is getting childcare for children, whether in school or privately. Do I think that the powers that be would be willing to take the risk when it comes to children? Yes, I do. It’s not right and it upsets me, but ultimately it’s down to each parent and family to decide whether the risk is worth it.

Reactions: 5
The US doctors have confirmed a link I think ,I like to read up on things like this in general I find them interesting😂 It's just "my thing".

Reactions: 2
Haven’t they already said Saturday Sunday Monday & tuesdays deaths aren’t accurate and will always look low so not to get hopes up to much on them days?

Reactions: 3
Haven’t they already said Saturday Sunday Monday & tuesdays deaths aren’t accurate and will always look low so not to get hopes up to much on them days?
You have to look at the averages. Look at what has been reported previous weekends/Mondays. They’re coming down, and the majority of the days where we have ‘more’ deaths are because of unreported deaths from sometimes nearly 2 months ago and it lagging. Looking at it broke down day by day we have come so far, further than people think

Reactions: 7
I have friends that are Dettoling every single thing that comes in the house. Post and parcels sit in a holding area for 3 days until they open them. They flat out refuse takeaways too.
I was like this at the start now I'm the opposite. I don't care anymore 😂

Reactions: 6
Oh god, I couldn’t be bothered!

I don’t wipe down any shopping when it’s delivered or wait to open parcels or letters, we’ve had a few takeaways too 🙈

Whoever touches it just makes sure they wash their hands

Reactions: 11
So excited. Our local fish and chip shop have reopened and are doing click and collect so we've just ordered for this evening. Can't wait.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ll just say that I WISH I wasn’t concerned about this illness in children. But it scares the tit out of me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Oh god, I couldn’t be bothered!

I don’t wipe down any shopping when it’s delivered or wait to open parcels or letters, we’ve had a few takeaways too 🙈

Whoever touches it just makes sure they wash their hands
That’s all I’m doing 😂 They’d have a fit if they lived in my home. I won’t tell them I went to town at the weekend with my Son and treated him to coloured hairspray and a takeaway Ice Cream for a parlour that’s open for takeaways only. And I daren’t tell them he’s going back to school In 2 weeks (if it does open) The reason I took him was to 1. Get the bugger out of the house and 2. Prep him for socially distancing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I am doing deliveries for a supermarket, I do about 30 deliveries a day, for all of them we put the shopping on the door step, ring the bell and step back while they take it in, or a few keep the door closed and wait till we're gone to take it in. But every day I get at least one house where the occupants will get fully geared up in marigolds and facemasks to take the shopping in, and occasionally I'll see a spray bottle come out to disinfect everything :D. Some of them have me open up the garage door and put it in there for them, where I think they leave it for a few days to "decontaminate".

I chatted to a lady yesterday (from about 3m away from her door) - luckily my supermarket is being quite "nice" about it all and we have time on the route to take a few minutes to chat to some of the customers if they want to - she was one that had had "the letter" so she hasn't left the house at all in 8 or 9 weeks or whatever. But her house was directly on a village high street so she was seeing people walking past her windows all the time, and she was dreadfully upset that she couldn't go out and join them :cry: . There is going to be a tremendous toll on mental health by the time this is over.

And then I'll go to a house with middle aged people and they'll whinge and witch about how the shop is putting everything in bags and it's such a waste etc. Get a grip, a few excess plastic bags is a tiny penalty in the grand scheme of us efficiently and safely getting important shopping to a lot of old and vulnerable people. If you don't put those bags in the sea then no turtles will die, it's not difficult. The oldies are generally delighted that their shopping is now coming with free rubbish bags again.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It's really good as you just enter your reg and they bring it to your car at your allotment time.
That’s what people are doing with McD’s here, they wait in the car park, order on Uber and have it delivered to their cars.

The amount of McD rubbish around the restaurants is disgusting😡

• Sad
That’s what people are doing with McD’s here, they wait in the car park, order on Uber and have it delivered to their cars.

The amount of McD rubbish around the restaurants is disgusting😡
This angers me. There's no excuse for littering

I am doing deliveries for a supermarket, I do about 30 deliveries a day, for all of them we put the shopping on the door step, ring the bell and step back while they take it in, or a few keep the door closed and wait till we're gone to take it in. But every day I get at least one house where the occupants will get fully geared up in marigolds and facemasks to take the shopping in, and occasionally I'll see a spray bottle come out to disinfect everything :D. Some of them have me open up the garage door and put it in there for them, where I think they leave it for a few days to "decontaminate".

I chatted to a lady yesterday (from about 3m away from her door) - luckily my supermarket is being quite "nice" about it all and we have time on the route to take a few minutes to chat to some of the customers if they want to - she was one that had had "the letter" so she hasn't left the house at all in 8 or 9 weeks or whatever. But her house was directly on a village high street so she was seeing people walking past her windows all the time, and she was dreadfully upset that she couldn't go out and join them :cry: . There is going to be a tremendous toll on mental health by the time this is over.

And then I'll go to a house with middle aged people and they'll whinge and witch about how the shop is putting everything in bags and it's such a waste etc. Get a grip, a few excess plastic bags is a tiny penalty in the grand scheme of us efficiently and safely getting important shopping to a lot of old and vulnerable people. If you don't put those bags in the sea then no turtles will die, it's not difficult. The oldies are generally delighted that their shopping is now coming with free rubbish bags again.
Hahaha my friends are not alone then. You get an amazing insight into how people are managing it is different ways and thank you for taking the time to talk to everyone ❤

I love the extra bags I’m getting! They definitely get reused in my house.

This angers me. There's no excuse for littering
People really don’t give2 💩’s. In the last week it’s become evident around here things are opening and there’s more people out and about.

Considering running the gauntlet to Italy 🇮🇹 to get a cut and colour - whose with me? 💇🏼‍♀️ What greys?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.