Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I took that as you can meet anyone as long as you’re not inside a property and you’re 2m apart? So driveways and gardens are fine.
According to him driveways and gardens aren't ok. It makes no sense whatsoever!

Reactions: 5
Just spoke to the parents. Father works with a German. We are a laughing stock in Germany apparently after bj's speech last night

Reactions: 10
If I start eyeing up Bozza please please please send an intervention!!
I'm beginning to think this is some kind of bio love potion the Tories have released on the population so they can get their leg over :oops: no questions asked ;);)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
So some friends of mine have gone to their in laws today and children playing in the garden. In laws have been out and about including supermarkets and hospital appointments. Yet the same friend is saying she won’t let her husband go to work for a while and she won’t let her kids go to school.

Absolute joker.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
People on my Facebook are saying they hope they can still go on their holidays in may
I mean next May maybe but this one? Not so much. I’ve written off my end of July holiday too, as depressing as it is. Disney gave me a refund when I didn’t even ask for it so the writing is on the wall for me and I’m taking it as a sign.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
So some friends of mine have gone to their in laws today and children playing in the garden. In laws have been out and about including supermarkets and hospital appointments. Yet the same friend is saying she won’t let her husband go to work for a while and she won’t let her kids go to school.

Absolute joker.
Someone on my facebook who was out in the street on VE day having a street party and her kids where playing around with other kids has said her kids will not be a Guinea pig and will not be going back to school soon! 🙄. People baffle me!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The only thing some people are frightened of is getting off their lazy backsides. Nothing to do with the virus.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Someone on my facebook who was out in the street on VE day having a street party and her kids where playing around with other kids has said her kids will not be a Guinea pig and will not be going back to school soon! 🙄. People baffle me!!
Double standards! there are still lots of people that don’t think the rules apply to them. As you say, it’s ok to party in the street on VE Day but they definitely can’t even contemplate going back to work or sending their children to school.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
See with things like this, I think it is genuine ignorance. And I’m not trying to be patronising - like I think people aren’t realising what they are doing is wrong

I mean next May maybe but this one? Not so much. I’ve written off my end of July holiday too, as depressing as it is. Disney gave me a refund when I didn’t even ask for it so the writing is on the wall for me and I’m taking it as a sign.
Flights aren’t even flying in May. June/July but I wouldn’t bank on a package holiday Tbf.

Reactions: 2
Haven't posted on this thread before but after last night's "announcement" (absolute shambles and embarrassing) I thought I would. I've never been on Team Boris so apologies if my posts come across biased.

I'm placed in the vulnerable category but have been shielding anyway (I worked from home prior to lockdown so nothing has changed for me.) Before lockdown, I was going to be tested for autoimmune disease (I've already been disabled since birth but may have more conditions) which would have definitely placed me in the vulnerable category, but due to the lockdown testing stopped so my doctor said that just to be safe, I should stay in as much as possible. I've been out twice in 8 weeks and no one was sticking to the rules. The first time, I went to the shop and someone fell into me and coughed on me which caused me to have a panic attack so I left. Second time was a bit better but again, it was like the 2m rules didn't exist.

My point is, in my area (Yorkshire, so can't speak for anywhere else) no one seems to stuck to the rules then so I don't have much faith in people doing it now, especially with all the added confusions.

My Mother in law who is a NHS nurse (has been treating corona virus but now been moved back to theatres) has ALREADY asked if me and other half want to go to her garden on Sunday, staying 2m apart.

Apologies, just needed to vent. It's all just so frustrating.

• Sad
What a shambles they've made of this whole thing the ROI plan is clear and well set out ,why could they not have done something similar....The news are saying it's chaos on the tubes they'll be back to square one in no time.....
I think they've looked at the people currently Furloughed and schools and made the decision to "release" a number of people back into the society to work and I'm sure these figures have been based on worst case scenario and what the NHS could cope with if all of these became ill.

Get people out and about and see how the virus reacts. Will it spread? Will cases increase etc.

Again, they will trickle people out bit by bit until the virus eventually dies out because of herd immunity or we get a vaccination. They will also rely on enough people having the vaccine to protect those that choose not to have it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.