Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
its up to your employer if they’ll keep you on furlough - if they can’t then they can put you on SSP 😊 but they should be full aware all shielding persons are shielding until end of June so I’d like to have thought that would have helped their choice when they did furlough you.
Thank you, its only very recent I've become vulnerable

Reactions: 1
Furlough extended to September would be great news for those of us in hospitality. But 60%...ouch....will need to tighten the purse strings a bit more.

Reactions: 3
80% furlough is manageable for most, but many will struggle on just 60% - I know we would as I reckon our bills take up around 60% of total wages, probably more if I sat and worked out the numbers. I know it’s costing the government a lot of money, but people can’t pay their bills on fresh air either.

My kids will not take kindly to one of them having to go to school and the other ‘getting’ to stay home. Many kids all over the world don’t start formal education until 7 I don’t see why reception and year 1 are being called in to be honest. What a nightmare if you work and have some kids who are meant to be in school and others who still aren’t allowed. Nightmare for everyone involved.

Reactions: 6
Beauticians and hairdressers by me are opening their diaries for July. I just hope the public can do as they’re told and not spoil it for everybody else so that we can gain some normality come July.

Reactions: 9
Cant remember who said it on the last post, about having lots of questions for their childs school. They have as much idea what's going on as you atm. Let them figure it out and let you know what they know when they know it. Trying to get info out of them will just take up more time that they do not have right now and trust they will keep you updated.
Yes, schools find out new information at the same time as everybody else. They will have to figure out now how they will do this. I imagine splitting classes up into small groups and having nursery, yr 2,3,4 and 5 teachers helping to teach the small groups in their classes. Staggered break and lunches etc.

My son is in year 6 and tbh I don't see the point in him going back now. He was looking forward to the end of year trip and school play which wont be happening now. I'm not sure on the transition work they do at primary schools but the secondary school he is going to separate the year 7 from the rest of the school. They have separate breaks, lunchtimes and classrooms and spend the year getting them used to the change to secondary schools so I'm not too concerned about that. I guess he will be glad to actually finish school with his friends

Reactions: 4
You what Raaaaaab? Does any of them actually know what's going on? I've had to read this over and over. I'm extra confused that you can meet people at a 2m distance in a park, but not on a driveway which is longer than 2m if you stand either end. What's the bloody difference?!!
View attachment 127571
I took that as you can meet anyone as long as you’re not inside a property and you’re 2m apart? So driveways and gardens are fine.

Reactions: 5
Give it a week or two and we will have a second peak. There was no clear guidance last night and apparently motorways have seen a huge increase in traffic this morning as people are turning up for work
I agree which is why we will to continue as before for the next few weeks.

I agree which is why we will to continue as before for the next few weeks.
I think we need to just watch and wait and see what happens with the numbers and the R rate first. Don't think it's going to go as well as he hopes as people are misinterpreting what he said last night which is understandable given the lack of clarity

Reactions: 5
Agree.
I will keep away from my 82 year old grandma but the thought that she hasn’t got too long left and could spend it alone without her family who visit her often around her breaks my heart. There’s no easy way out of this aside vaccine.
I have this sad thought a lot just now. My grandparents are 88 and 89. They possibly don't have long to live Covid or not. I feel so sad that I haven't seen them for 2 months now and that if they should end up in hospital we can't visit. I'm terrified to visit them even when restrictions are eased but so heart broken not to see them.

My friend has her grandmother's funeral tomorrow and their will only be 4 of them there. That also makes my heart break.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
What a shambles they've made of this whole thing the ROI plan is clear and well set out ,why could they not have done something similar....The news are saying it's chaos on the tubes they'll be back to square one in no time.....
Shambles is what's to be expected from the Tories, they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. I'm absolutely terrified reading about London and some motorways being so busy. They've made an even bigger balls up than the one they made when all this started.

Reactions: 7
Shambles is what's to be expected from the Tories, they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. I'm absolutely terrified reading about London and some motorways being so busy. They've made an even bigger balls up than the one they made when all this started.
I dread where we will be in a fortnights time. Hopefully things work out better than I am imagining. That is entirely plausible though, as I am very dramatic 🤣

• Haha
I think we need to just watch and wait and see what happens with the numbers and the R rate first. Don't think it's going to go as well as he hopes as people are misinterpreting what he said last night which is understandable given the lack of clarity
I think so too, it’s also half term in two weeks and there will be lots of people moving around the country visiting different areas. This needs to be addressed as well and people need to be told to stay local.

If I start eyeing up Bozza please please please send an intervention!!
I will come round myself and talk some sense into you!

• Haha
I thought they'd try to" make up a bit of ground " from the mess they made coming into to this ,but that's not the case as you say..Shambles...

I think so too, it’s also half term in two weeks and there will be lots of people moving around the country visiting different areas. This needs to be addressed as well and people need to be told to stay local.
People on my Facebook are saying they hope they can still go on their holidays in may

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.