Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get this argument, but at the same time surely people shouldn’t have to die alone after not seeing their loved ones for 2 months,
Surely people shouldn’t be refused ventilators because there isn’t enough of them,

nothing about a pandemic works on “but that’s not fair/that can’t work” 😕
Agree.
I will keep away from my 82 year old grandma but the thought that she hasn’t got too long left and could spend it alone without her family who visit her often around her breaks my heart. There’s no easy way out of this aside vaccine.

Reactions: 4
Agree.
I will keep away from my 82 year old grandma but the thought that she hasn’t got too long left and could spend it alone without her family who visit her often around her breaks my heart. There’s no easy way out of this aside vaccine.
We’re so used to having it easy,
we’ve never experience anything like this before and nothing about it is going to be fair,
for years to come.
the next generation will pay for this as well as us.

Happy Monday 😬

(slightly off topic but going back to VE Day, I remember my grandparents talking about the glimmer man, he used to go around checking homes weren’t using extra gas during rations, they could enter your home and touch your stove/tea pot to check if it was still warm and therefore you’d had your gas on, people are facing uncertain times, but could you imagine that, and it wasn’t that long ago, what we face now we can manage. It will pass and hopefully everyone will get financial support where needed, but we still have it easy in comparison)

Reactions: 14
Can’t get through to anyone and he has type 1 diabetes. pain aren’t working he can’t eat and sugar levels all over the place. Had to fill in a form online for GP but when I put level of pain at anything over 5 (it’s actually 10) says contact 111. Trying every avenue to get hold of a dentist.
My practice is the MyDentist group and they emailed to say anyone can ring one of their practices for advice whether they are registered or not.

Reactions: 1
Cant remember who said it on the last post, about having lots of questions for their childs school. They have as much idea what's going on as you atm. Let them figure it out and let you know what they know when they know it. Trying to get info out of them will just take up more time that they do not have right now and trust they will keep you updated.

Reactions: 12
My daughters school emailed last night. They are having local government meetings today and tomorrow with more info expected later in the week.

Reactions: 8
My practice is the MyDentist group and they emailed to say anyone can ring one of their practices for advice whether they are registered or not.

Thank you LaurieLaurie just got hold of a dentist and he is going to prescribe antibiotics. It’s just a relief to be able to talk to someone finally and get help it’s been a dreadful weekend for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I work for the civil service. We’ve just received an email from the Cabinet Secretary saying the app will be available later this month.

Reactions: 3
You what Raaaaaab? Does any of them actually know what's going on? I've had to read this over and over. I'm extra confused that you can meet people at a 2m distance in a park, but not on a driveway which is longer than 2m if you stand either end. What's the bloody difference?!!
Screenshot_20200511-102019_BBC News.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 6
My daughters school emailed last night. They are having local government meetings today and tomorrow with more info expected later in the week.
Wow, I’m impressed they are so quick with an update. Our school have been good with online work but general communication has not been great .

Reactions: 7
I was laughing at people for ogling this psychopathic untrustworthy guy a few weeks ago, this morning I thought "I would" 😆😬
Screenshot_2020-05-11-10-55-54-187_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
You what Raaaaaab? Does any of them actually know what's going on? I've had to read this over and over. I'm extra confused that you can meet people at a 2m distance in a park, but not on a driveway which is longer than 2m if you stand either end. What's the bloody difference?!!
View attachment 127571
What a shambles they've made of this whole thing the ROI plan is clear and well set out ,why could they not have done something similar....The news are saying it's chaos on the tubes they'll be back to square one in no time.....

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Does anyone know or can share any opinions on vulnerable people. I know its a silly question but I've recently become categorised as vulnerable. I was furloughed til end of June but strongly feel I will be getting an email from work this week telling me to go back. As I'm now vulnerable and will obviously tell them I am does that mean I have to go back? What will happen to my pay?
its up to your employer if they’ll keep you on furlough - if they can’t then they can put you on SSP 😊 but they should be full aware all shielding persons are shielding until end of June so I’d like to have thought that would have helped their choice when they did furlough you.

Reactions: 3
Give it a week or two and we will have a second peak. There was no clear guidance last night and apparently motorways have seen a huge increase in traffic this morning as people are turning up for work

Reactions: 18
Any kind of beautician opening sounds dodgy to me. You can’t effectively socially distance while doing any kind of beauty treatments..

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.