Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you work in a school and chosen not to go in/supposedly shielding should you be getting full pay? I would have thought schools would only be paying SSP?

Haven't posted on this thread before but after last night's "announcement" (absolute shambles and embarrassing) I thought I would. I've never been on Team Boris so apologies if my posts come across biased.

I'm placed in the vulnerable category but have been shielding anyway (I worked from home prior to lockdown so nothing has changed for me.) Before lockdown, I was going to be tested for autoimmune disease (I've already been disabled since birth but may have more conditions) which would have definitely placed me in the vulnerable category, but due to the lockdown testing stopped so my doctor said that just to be safe, I should stay in as much as possible. I've been out twice in 8 weeks and no one was sticking to the rules. The first time, I went to the shop and someone fell into me and coughed on me which caused me to have a panic attack so I left. Second time was a bit better but again, it was like the 2m rules didn't exist.

My point is, in my area (Yorkshire, so can't speak for anywhere else) no one seems to stuck to the rules then so I don't have much faith in people doing it now, especially with all the added confusions.

My Mother in law who is a NHS nurse (has been treating corona virus but now been moved back to theatres) has ALREADY asked if me and other half want to go to her garden on Sunday, staying 2m apart.

Apologies, just needed to vent. It's all just so frustrating.
Don’t apologise. We are all here to vent and rant ❤ Come on in 🤣🥰

Reactions: 7
The only thing some people are frightened of is getting off their lazy backsides. Nothing to do with the virus.
Wow, bit harsh! I will not be getting on a train for a long while and will opt for no pay instead if I have to. I’d love to go to work but I refuse to get on a train to catch it.

If you work in a school and chosen not to go in/supposedly shielding should you be getting full pay? I would have thought schools would only be paying SSP?
Legally it’s SSP. But they could furlough.

Reactions: 9
What’s everyone’s thoughts about school? My reception aged daughter potentially go back on 1st June - I assume with social distancing in place (good luck) and other measures to help. So in theory could still be in with approx 15 other children for half the week maybe?

I’m not sure how I feel about it, how safe she would be or whether it’s the right thing to do! Surely, it would be safer for her to go to my parents (70 & 65 in good health, who are not going out or seeing anyone) then be in school. Although I know this is against guidance and I have followed this to the letter so far.

Yours, thoroughly confused person!

Reactions: 3
Wow, bit harsh! I will not be getting on a train for a long while and will opt for no pay instead if I have to. I’d love to go to work but I refuse to get on a train to catch it.

Legally it’s SSP. But they could furlough.
Well then what I said doesn't apply to you, you're concerned about the virus. It is more the people going about living their normal lives, friends round the house/no social distancing etc but outraged that they're gonna have to go back to work.

Now see for me I'm confused:

I work in a nursery so am potentially back on June 1st. Fine, well not fine, but if I have too then I will. However, my daughter is in Year 5. So not one of the years earmarked to go back. But because I'm in a nursery I'm a key worker - so even though she's not technically due back, does she go in as a child of key workers?

It's all too bleeping confusing!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I have to say I am worried. I’m worried my daughter will go to nursery and catch it. She’s 2. You can’t distance them. Or I’ll go to work (school) and bring it home. I’m frightened for my daughter. It might sound irrational but 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I think they've looked at the people currently Furloughed and schools and made the decision to "release" a number of people back into the society to work and I'm sure these figures have been based on worst case scenario and what the NHS could cope with if all of these became ill.

Get people out and about and see how the virus reacts. Will it spread? Will cases increase etc.

Again, they will trickle people out bit by bit until the virus eventually dies out because of herd immunity or we get a vaccination. They will also rely on enough people having the vaccine to protect those that choose not to have it.
Brilliant as a long term solution ! how many more thousands of lives will be lost in the interim 🤔 I think they know how the virus reacts 1000's of people are proof of that ..There is no herd immunity they've said and a vaccine might never be achieved ,so Boris giving the vaguest message to the nation has caused "CHAOS " on day one ! Will it spread ???????...It should have been done in a more clear and controlled manner..

Reactions: 2
everyone:

“I miss my boyfriend so much 😫😫 I just want a cuddle“

me:

“I miss the buy one get one free offers and supermarket discounts on snacks..”

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Weve had a phone call from school. Very friendly with my daughters teacher (shes also deputy head) and they are fuming about it. Shes in Y1 and have no clue how they will re open 🙄

Some of the idea were part time so a few day a week. Or half the kids in the morning and half after dinner.

Reactions: 5
Weve had a phone call from school. Very friendly with my daughters teacher (shes also deputy head) and they are fuming about it. Shes in Y1 and have no clue how they will re open 🙄

Some of the idea were part time so a few day a week. Or half the kids in the morning and half after dinner.
Did they find out yesterday along with everyone else then? Thought they would have been pre warned!

Reactions: 1
In reply to someone in the last thread, I work in a dentist and I know my practice won’t be back to normal for a while. We don’t have the correct PPE and are very high risk with all of the aerosol (spray) but your dentist should be open to offer advice and to give emergency treatments. I’m in wales so not sure if it’s different in England. Don’t see how it could be with regards to PPE!
I'm in wales too and suffering with toothache so was disappointed not to hear from daily briefings, no mention of dentists reopening. Rang my dentist just now and they are posting me an antibiotic prescription.

Im baffled as to why teachers think they have a right to refuse to go back to work. I mean all the frontline workers have got on with it since day one and have fought battles we know nothing about, working through the peak of the virus and making sure we are looked after, can eat and drink have shopping delivered etc. And i dont just mean nurses and doctors, all the care work staff on minimum wages cleaners in hospital on minimum wage bin men delivery drivers etc not once have i heard them moan or make a massive deal out of it. Not heard of any unions/individuals saying they shouldnt be expected to work or anything. Now teachers think its okay to throw a paddy because they have to go back to work. Its a pandemic the risk is always gonna be there. Get back to work and do your jobs for gods sake! Of course those shielding wont be expected to work but the rest need to get a bloody grip and get on with it. Seriously 🤣🤣

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Im baffled as to why teachers think they have a right to refuse to go back to work. I mean all the frontline workers have got on with it since day one and have fought battles we know nothing about, working through the peak of the virus and making sure we are looked after, can eat and drink have shopping delivered etc. And i dont just mean nurses and doctors, all the care work staff on minimum wages cleaners in hospital on minimum wage bin men delivery drivers etc not once have i heard them moan or make a massive deal out of it. Not heard of any unions/individuals saying they shouldnt be expected to work or anything. Now teachers think its okay to throw a paddy because they have to go back to work. Its a pandemic the risk is always gonna be there. Get back to work and do your jobs for gods sake! Of course those shielding wont be expected to work but the rest need to get a bloody grip and get on with it. Seriously 🤣🤣
Thank god somebody else said it. I’m sure they just want an extra long summer holiday 😁

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I think that there is a difference between refusing to work and being anxious to work. When we all return to work it is going to be very different and a big change to the day to day routine. Just because they are key workers doesn’t mean that they can’t be frightened.

I am personally terrified to return to work, even if it is a little later than everyone else as I have to shield until 30th June. It’s not because I’m bone idle, but because I am at a high risk of severe symptoms. As the virus doesn’t appear to discriminate too much, you can’t blame people for living in fear of going outside their homes. To be blunt, I don’t want to go out of this world gasping for breath and choking until I die. It’s a rational fear and I think you would do well to see it from another perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think that there is a difference between refusing to work and being anxious to work. When we all return to work it is going to be very different and a big change to the day to day routine. Just because they are key workers doesn’t mean that they can’t be frightened.

I am personally terrified to return to work, even if it is a little later than everyone else as I have to shield until 30th June. It’s not because I’m bone idle, but because I am at a high risk of severe symptoms. As the virus doesn’t appear to discriminate too much, you can’t blame people for living in fear of going outside their homes. To be blunt, I don’t want to go out of this world gasping for breath and choking until I die. It’s a rational fear and I think you would do well to see it from another perspective.
Do you think those of us currently shielding until the end of June will have to do so for even longer?

Reactions: 1
Brilliant as a long term solution ! how many more thousands of lives will be lost in the interim 🤔 I think they know how the virus reacts 1000's of people are proof of that ..There is no herd immunity they've said and a vaccine might never be achieved ,so Boris giving the vaguest message to the nation has caused "CHAOS " on day one ! Will it spread ???????...It should have been done in a more clear and controlled manner..
Exactly. The only control they really have is the filtering through of people, starting with those that can't work from home and getting out the children that are least likely to catch it.

It's like a lottery.

It could end up being the virus that wipes the whole world out, we just don't know it yet!

Reactions: 5
Did they find out yesterday along with everyone else then? Thought they would have been pre warned!
Yes. Yesterday at 7PM. Shes acting head atm too due to the head shielding so she can only do so much.
Felt right sorry for her. Shes lovley. I've know her since school and you can tell the kids are her life. Shes got none of her own. She really goes above and beyond for her job ❤

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.