Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are apparently “2 weeks behind Italy” which makes me think they’re trying to keep in containment until at least next week... another 7 days could take the number of cases up to around 1,000 which I think is the trigger figure for phase 2

Reactions: 6
Just heard that there’s a potential infected person who visited my Dr’s surgery today 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 2
We are apparently “2 weeks behind Italy” which makes me think they’re trying to keep in containment until at least next week... another 7 days could take the number of cases up to around 1,000 which I think is the trigger figure for phase 2
They’ve said that they don’t know what way it can go. Watched the news at lunch time and they’ve said no one can predict. The uk have had a head start. There’s no point jumping the gun until they know for sure.

Am I stupid for actually crying with worry about this? I’m worried for everyone but having a husband with asthma and I have some health condtions my anxiety is wild. People keep saying it’s just like flu or it’s scaremongering dont watch the news, but the reality is this is serious and my anxiety levels have soared. I almost had a panic attack the other day my chest was so heavy with the stress and worry.

I probably sound like a head and we’re all in the same boat so it’s not just about little old me ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 14
No disrespect to anybody here. But I'm shocked at the amount of people with insecure jobs that can't pay their mortgage in a month if they lose their job. The mortgage application forms make it very clear if you can't keep up with repayment you will lose your home. Why do people expect government help with their mortgage? That's not fair if the government helps people with their personal assets. At most they can work with mortgage companies to stop interest payments for a couple of months. The times of jobs for life has long been over, if you've got a mortgage it's mainly your responsibility to make payments. And mortgage payments are low at the mo.
Same. We have a lot of savings put aside (100k+). Plus more in an emergency account and our pensions. It does shock me that many people do not have anything set aside. It makes me realise how lucky we are.

Am I stupid for actually crying with worry about this? I’m worried for everyone but having a husband with asthma and I have some health condtions my anxiety is wild. People keep saying it’s just like flu or it’s scaremongering dont watch the news, but the reality is this is serious and my anxiety levels have soared. I almost had a panic attack the other day my chest was so heavy with the stress and worry.

I probably sound like a head and were all in the same boat so it’s not just about little old me ☹
My partner had to give me a pep talk yesterday, as an asthmatic I worry. I totally get how you must be feeling.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Same. We have a lot of savings put aside (100k+). Plus more in an emergency account and our pensions. It does shock me that many people do not have anything set aside. It makes me realise how lucky we are.
Not everyone is on great money though to afford to put 100k aside! Even 10k aside is a lot. Yes you are very lucky you have that amount of money!

Reactions: 37
I will disclaim this post by saying I know absolutely NOTHING about stocks or the stock market :LOL:

Just talking to a colleague earlier that does seem to know his stuff, he said the next steps in what countries will do to limit the spread of the virus will depend ultimately on how far the stock goes down. (make of this what you will lol)

Maybe if someone else knows a bit more could explain it better it would be great

Reactions: 3
Which would be 2 weeks before the easter holidays start, so not unreasonable to think they may possibly, in the worst affected areas, close some of the schools.
My childs teacher this morning told me they have been given advice from PHE on the steps to take and when to take them. They've increased handwashing, installed extra soap dispensers and the cleaners are doing more thorough daily cleans. She said she couldnt divulge what else was going on behind the scenes but there was nothing to worry about.
Last week we were given log in details to several online learning facilities too, we were told this is for 'homework' but i wonder if this is what they are planning on using should the school have to close.

I probably sound like a head and were all in the same boat so it’s not just about little old me ☹
Absolutely not! Have your cry and let it out. If thats how you deal with things then its your way.
Also I would say to talk about it and post more, because intelligent discussion helps you to be more informed

Reactions: 13
My partner had to give me a pep talk yesterday, as an asthmatic I worry. I totally get how you must be feeling.
My husband has to reassure me too. It is horrible, even more so if you have a health condition and anxiety on top. Hugs to you x

I will disclaim this post by saying I know absolutely NOTHING about stocks or the stock market :LOL:

Just talking to a colleague earlier that does seem to know his stuff, he said the next steps in what countries will do to limit the spread of the virus will depend ultimately on how far the stock goes down. (make of this what you will lol)

Maybe if someone else knows a bit more could explain it better it would be great
Stock markets are about confidence
Investors holding their nerve
If it collapsed government have to do something that inspires confidence.

Absolutely not! Have your cry and let it out. If thats how you deal with things then its your way.
Also I would say to talk about it and post more, because intelligent discussion helps you to be more informed
Thank you.

I do have an anxiety disorder which in the past used to make me worry about my health a lot, and I had no health issues back then. My anxiety has decided to run wild again since this outbreak.

The statistics about savings shock me, most people have nothing. Most people are one pay check away from being homeless. There is not enough money in the 'pot' as it is, let alone for an emergency like this.

We are similar, we don't have £100K but we have over £25K saved, plus my parents would help if this finished. We can also live off one salary at a real stretch. We have saved so we can have this, when I met my husband 10 years ago he had nothing and no idea of money.

I agree closing schools just now is asking for trouble. Parents won’t want to keep them in 24/7 and will let them out to play. They will take them on outings. I think just now there still isn’t enough cases to do that, we might never get to that stage
If anything it could make it spread more, at least at school they can be temperature checked and made to wash their hands going in and out and the school deep cleaned.

How accurate is the google map with pin points of where the cases are ? There was a case in my area however the point was a little village in the country , but now that point has moved to right across the road from where I live

Which would be 2 weeks before the easter holidays start, so not unreasonable to think they may possibly, in the worst affected areas, close some of the schools.
My childs teacher this morning told me they have been given advice from PHE on the steps to take and when to take them. They've increased handwashing, installed extra soap dispensers and the cleaners are doing more thorough daily cleans. She said she couldnt divulge what else was going on behind the scenes but there was nothing to worry about.
Last week we were given log in details to several online learning facilities too, we were told this is for 'homework' but i wonder if this is what they are planning on using should the school have to close.
wow thats really good! My school hasnt done (or at least communicated) anything with staff. We get DfE email every day but other than two posters up in the office there been zero change or plans communicated

We were out last night at a popular all you can eat Chinese restaurant, was heaving, plus went onto our local theatre, that was a full house!
Supermarkets still busy and toilet roll and hand soap flying out. Pasta in Asda is likely to be out a while as its made and imported from North Italy.
We normally go out for dinner this weekend and we were considering it but someone made a good point that here, servers don't get sick-pay and are very likely to go to work while ill. Our city now has covid-19 so we decided to cook at home instead.

How accurate is the google map with pin points of where the cases are ? There was a case in my area however the point was a little village in the country , but now that point has moved to right across the road from where I live
It's a crowdsourced map and the pin points are just the general area

The statistics about savings shock me, most people have nothing. Most people are one pay check away from being homeless. There is not enough money in the 'pot' as it is, let alone for an emergency like this.

We are similar, we don't have £100K but we have over £25K saved, plus my parents would help if this finished. We can also live off one salary at a real stretch. We have saved so we can have this, when I met my husband 10 years ago he had nothing and no idea of money.

If anything it could make it spread more, at least at school they can be temperature checked and made to wash their hands going in and out and the school deep cleaned.
Lucky you we used all our savings pay deposit to buy a house.
When you in private rental.woth rents 1000k a month for 3 bed and you have kids plus childcare it's hard to save on 1 or 2 wages.
We are aiming to build up savings over time as hate not having much in case of emergency.
We have credit card and think we can take Payment break on mortgage.
If you have debt Payments it's hard to save we cleared all debts before buying.
Our house is old and needs work we doing it gradually and mostly ourselves

I remember last credit crunch 2008 and we were worse financial position then than now.
It was said then that Britain's had high debts and most dident have more than a month or up to 3 months wages saved.
I don't think that's changed.
In fact I think consumer debts cuts in some benefits it's probably higher than the last crash.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.