Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But the Dublin one is massive so just goes to show the seriousness of the situation
Absolutely, Fleet Street and Temple Bar would be the place to be to contract the virus in seconds!

Reactions: 4
Absolutely, Fleet Street and Temple Bar would be the place to be to contract the virus in seconds!
Hearing also no dignitaries are to travel to New York for their parade (if it goes ahead)that is

Reactions: 3
Someone didn't get your memo. It'll probably help convince the remaining naysayers 😬
View attachment 93301
View attachment 93302
Jesus wept.
I’m still hoping one day we find out his Twitter is a parody account and his time in office has been one long April fool’s joke.
Thankfully for every Donald there is a Jeff and a Eugene.

off topic but I totally forgot trump was in home alone 🤣

Reactions: 11

Yel

off topic but I totally forgot trump was in home alone 🤣
He was in loads of movies, he was known as an easy filming location in NYC and all he asked in demand was a cameo. Most films left him on the cutting room floor, but some forgot to 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Same. We have a lot of savings put aside (100k+). Plus more in an emergency account and our pensions. It does shock me that many people do not have anything set aside. It makes me realise how lucky we are.
100k is about 5 years of our full wages....even 10k is impossible to save...you are in the minority! X

Reactions: 20

Yel

Yea and failing to send out test kits in time and refusing to test people is a great way to keep numbers low :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
They rejected the kits to make money out of producing their own ones. You expect the rulers of a country to put money a bit above the health of their nation, but the states took the absolute piss.

FTSE closing down 7.7%, the lowest in 4 years and 5 biggest percentage drop ever.

Johnson set to do a speech on Corona any minute now

My mum was telling me about two people she knows were going to Rome for the rugby (I think???) - it has been cancelled but they are going to Rome anyway. That is just crazy isn't it? Won't lots of places be closed? I would be worried about not getting back.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
A case has been confirmed at Queen Elizabeth hospital in Greenwich, my son has his appointment there next week, I have been waiting 5 months for this appointment and now I don’t know whether to cancel it or not.

I am probably overreacting, I just don’t know what to do for the best.

• Sad
listening to the press conference - its all quite chilling, feels unreal.

Reactions: 5

Yel

listening to the press conference - its all quite chilling, feels unreal.
Imagine if you'd gone on a trek for two weeks totally off-grid then switch on the news 😱

They're talking about going onto the next phase soon, I think they're trying to discourage people from going out but that it's people's own choice and they feel in control so more effective. If that makes sense. They're guided by phycology more than health advice I recon.

My husband has diabetes and is due to go to Cheltenham races this week. I am usually quite chilled about these things and take a lot of what I read with a pinch of salt but I really really don’t want him to go. He is in the camp of “statistically way worse stuff could happen”. Which I agree with but this has made me feel completely, uncharacteristically, very ill at ease.

There is a girl on insta called all.things.mia she has just been put in remission for cancer; has come back from Bulgaria feeling unwell and is now in isolation being testing for coronavirus due to her weakened immune system. Shes done a few insta videos of her going into isolation

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.