Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe people are still saying this, someone on my Facebook posted the statistic picture this morning.... I just wanted to facepalm them.
I don’t entertain either extremes tbh,
the hysteria is just as annoying but somehow this condescending “you’re all overreacting” attitude on twitter seems worse, I often wonder if they’re baiting for an argument. I’ve stopped going to twitter for updates.

Reactions: 9
Heart disease kills.....
The flu kills.....
People die from.....

Shut up.
People who keep spouting this tit even now need those masks so we don’t have to hear them anymore.

There’s a difference between being calm and trying to manage people’s anxiety and being thick.

Happy Monday folks,
wash your hands 😂🤣
🚾 💦 🧼 🖐 🤚
(and treat yourself, buy an extra toilet roll, quilted! 🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻 best emoji)
the issue is it does kill a lot more. The suicide death rate in a day would shock people but it’s the way this virus is so contagious is what is worrying people. It’s facts and that heart disease and the flu amongst other things does kill more .... for now anyway

Reactions: 3

Yel

You're missing out if you don't get health advice from twitter :D

Screenshot_2020-03-09-10-56-07-387_com.twitter.android.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-09-10-57-55-944_com.twitter.android.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My work has just issued a memo to say they are reviewing potential ways to keep working i.e. work from home. Some of us admins work from laptops anyway with hot desk docks, but some use towers, it depends on the department and role. Luckily I have a work laptop so can VPN if they send us home but they are holding off on that for now as our area is not badly hit as yet. Not sure how the sick pay will work when some can use remote working and some can't.
My company have issued a memo too saying they’re encouraging remote working where possible and that our managers are to come up with a rota for being in the office etc. I’m glad because last week their comms were all very ‘keep on as usual’ and people were getting fed up! Especially as our business was on the news as a foreign colleague that was tested positive passed through our Berkshire and London office 2 weeks back!! We’ve got a few colleagues isolating so a lot of us felt they needed to do more and they seem to have finally listened!

Reactions: 2
Anyone know what time the COBRA meeting is meant to take place today?
I was chatting to my boss about it, expressing my concerns re statutory sick pay and the possibility of our office being forced to close. She was saying she thinks they will take measures first to lock down all non essential stuff like events etc and then move onto more strict lockdown if it doesn't make a big enough difference.
She thinks we would still be able to work as long as consultations are done over the phone (legal firm) and courts would be postponed. A lot of other stuff can be done via post and email anyway.
But that of course is just a guess on her part.
It's so hard to know what to expect

Reactions: 1
Id land all planes and stop travel for two weeks apart from incoming and outgoing goods and care should be taken to hygienically handle these goods to and from transit.

Reactions: 10
Why are Iran releasing prisoners 😱 Also the prison riots in Italy. Honestly feel like no one is control of anything !

Everytime Trump opens his mouth I think we are all doomed and Boris isnt much better. And N.Korea setting off unidentified rockets geezo think I need to switch my phone off 😬

Reactions: 9
Anyone know what time the COBRA meeting is meant to take place today?
I was chatting to my boss about it, expressing my concerns re statutory sick pay and the possibility of our office being forced to close. She was saying she thinks they will take measures first to lock down all non essential stuff like events etc and then move onto more strict lockdown if it doesn't make a big enough difference.
She thinks we would still be able to work as long as consultations are done over the phone (legal firm) and courts would be postponed. A lot of other stuff can be done via post and email anyway.
But that of course is just a guess on her part.
It's so hard to know what to expect
I’m also in the legal industry and we’re also wondering whether there will be guidance from the Courts with regards to issuing blanket stays. Realistically, they won’t be able to function either with a skeleton staff nor will they appreciate a huge backlog of applications to stay proceedings or set aside opportunistic judgments. Interesting times.....

Reactions: 1
I’m also in the legal industry and we’re also wondering whether there will be guidance from the Courts with regards to issuing blanket stays. Realistically, they won’t be able to function either with a skeleton staff nor will they appreciate a huge backlog of applications to stay proceedings or set aside opportunistic judgments. Interesting times.....
No it will be an absolute nightmare trying to get back on track if the courts have to close or work on skeleton staff esp with emergency applications like non-mols etc

I can’t believe what I’ve been reading here this morning.
My husband and I own our own restaurant so the impact of businesses closing means our lively hood stops! It could potentially bankrupt us! I know exactly how you are feeling as I haven’t went back to work yet either and SMP isn’t great! It definitely wouldn’t cover our bills! We rent also and are in the same situation as you with housing benefit
Have you noticed fewer people dining out since the Coronavirus?
We went out for lunch on Saturday. There was only one other couple eating and the bar was deserted. No idea if it was just a coincidence or if people are staying away.

No it will be an absolute nightmare trying to get back on track if the courts have to close or work on skeleton staff esp with emergency applications like non-mols etc
That’s a fair point, particularly in Criminal/Family law side.
Different parts of the industry will be affected in different ways I suppose. In fact, I’m sure there’ll be a fall-out whatever the industry. 😬

Did I hear rightly on sky news that asthmatics are in a high risk group? I was told they weren’t by a healthcare professional. My husband has asthma and colds often end up on his chest, I’m now worried sick about him.

Reactions: 4
We went out for lunch on a Saturday. There was only one other couple eating and the bar was deserted. No idea if it was just a coincidence or if people are staying away.
I’ve noticed parents aren’t paying for upcoming trips as quickly, probably in the back of their mind it will be cancelled so leaving it last minute.

They’re not buying tickets for usually sell out Easter events either...

I read an interesting article today that interviewed a now discharged virus patient, what stood out was she said it felt like burning in her lungs which is what made it feel different to a normal cold or flu, no runny nose just a pain in her lungs and a cough that wasn’t satisfying ie doesn’t clear anything when you cough etc
Thought that was useful info

• Wow
Reactions: 7
We went out for lunch on Saturday. There was only one other couple eating and the bar was deserted. No idea if it was just a coincidence or if people are staying away.
We were out last night at a popular all you can eat Chinese restaurant, was heaving, plus went onto our local theatre, that was a full house!
Supermarkets still busy and toilet roll and hand soap flying out. Pasta in Asda is likely to be out a while as its made and imported from North Italy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.