Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s baffling me that children arnt getting infected? I mean obviously that’s a good thing but I wonder why?
Ooh I know this one! 🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️ It’s because they are FILTHY LITTLE FECKERS so are basically carriers of ALL THE GERMS but only succumb to illness when you least want them to i.e date night/wedding/in a good mood/sun in shining/washing is up-to-date.

I say this as the mother of 3 boys. I can’t prove it in a medical sense, but to be fair the government aren’t coming off too clever in terms of their expertise right now so I’m self-qualifying as a professional right now,

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Ooh I know this one! 🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️ It’s because they are FILTHY LITTLE FECKERS so are basically carries of ALL THE GERMS but only succumb to illness when you least want them to i.e date night/wedding/in a good mood/sun in shining/washing is up-to-date.

I say this as the mother of 3 boys.
Ain't that the truth 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Is it highly contagious? Or is it close contact with someone infected that’s the biggest issue? Is it in the air?aswell as touching surfaces they’ve touched?

Why did swine flu infect and kill more people but I don’t remember so much panic?

Reactions: 1
Ooh I know this one! 🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️ It’s because they are FILTHY LITTLE FECKERS so are basically carries of ALL THE GERMS but only succumb to illness when you least want them to i.e date night/wedding/in a good mood/sun in shining/washing is up-to-date.

I say this as the mother of 3 boys.
I found my daughter is dirtier than my son. He showers daily out of choice. I literally have to fight her into the bath. I Made her wash her hands when she got in last night and she kicked off saying no it’s only when we eat not when we’re playing. Just wash your hands you dirty little monkey 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Read on twitter house of commons debating the budget until 7pm then Matt Hancock will make a statement re corona. People think it maybe regarding increased testing. And perhaps the late hour is just down to the budget debate but who knows !
Thank you

Does anyone else struggle to find hand sanitisers in the shops? I'm in London and I keep checking various Boots, Superdrug, supermarkets and none have any in stock. Of course if I have access to a sink and soap, I'd rather do that, but if I'm out and about in the bus/tube, I need hand sanitiser. I have only one at the moment and it will run out soon :( When are all these shops going to sort out the shortage?

Reactions: 11
I hate this feeling that life is on hold and no one knows what's happening. I know it could be worse, but still.
Snap! I already struggle with agoraphobia, but me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship and we feel like we can’t see each other just in case we pick something up. My parents are in their 60s/70s and his mum has had two strokes and picks viruses up so quickly. With the storms and other things, I haven’t seen him since last year. I just want things to go back to normal

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I found my daughter is dirtier than my son. He showers daily out of choice. I literally have to fight her into the bath. I Made her wash her hands when she got in last night and she kicked off saying no it’s only when we eat not when we’re playing. Just wash your hands you dirty little monkey 😂
Ha!! I practically wrestle my 12 yr old into the shower on the daily, to cries of “But I had one yesterday”. Yes....washing is a DAILY thing (whilst muttering under my breath). I swear he has the capacity to be a bloody super-spreader were it not for my staged interventions.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yes
Does anyone else struggle to find hand sanitisers in the shops? I'm in London and I keep checking various Boots, Superdrug, supermarkets and none have any in stock. Of course if I have access to a sink and soap, I'd rather do that, but if I'm out and about in the bus/tube, I need hand sanitiser. I have only one at the moment and it will run out soon :( When are all these shops going to sort out the shortage?
Yes, I haven't been able to find any for a little while. A few weeks ago I picked up a couple in Primark, maybe have a look there. I'm kicking myself as a couple of weeks ago superdrug had loads of massive bottles in and now they've all gone.

Same here I can't find it anywhere and the schools are asking the parents to make sure the kids have it.

What I did was bought a 3 pack of those small travel spray bottles in the poundshop and put in 1 part dettol to 5 parts water, and that will just have to do them until I can find some.

I hate this feeling that life is on hold and no one knows what's happening. I know it could be worse, but still.
Same, I'm transfixed with the rolling news.

Was planning to go for a sauna swim tonight but not sure I'll go with this 7pm thing.

I get why they're being so vague and indecisive, but that's not helping me live my life!

Reactions: 5
Snap! I already struggle with agoraphobia, but me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship and we feel like we can’t see each other just in case we pick something up. My parents are in their 60s/70s and his mum has had two strokes and picks viruses up so quickly. With the storms and other things, I haven’t seen him since last year. I just want things to go back to normal
I'm sorry you're feeling the same, it sucks. Fingers crossed it all passes soon and you can see them ♥

• Heart
Same here I can't find it anywhere and the schools are asking the parents to make sure the kids have it.

What I did was bought a 3 pack of those small travel spray bottles in the poundshop and put in 1 part dettol to 5 parts water, and that will just have to do them until I can find some.
My old school apparently had two big bottles on reception that went missing. Students suspected of taking them but we were joking they’d probably be on the local spotted site for a huge price 😂

• Haha
Is it highly contagious? Or is it close contact with someone infected that’s the biggest issue? Is it in the air?aswell as touching surfaces they’ve touched?

Why did swine flu infect and kill more people but I don’t remember so much panic?
It’s highly contagious but you have quite close contact with someone for 15 mins or more. Someone sneezes or coughs it will land on surfaces so will spread that way but it’s not air borne.
I can’t remember much about swine flu so it musnt have been in the media as much?

It’s highly contagious but you have quite close contact with someone for 15 mins or more. Someone sneezes or coughs it will land on surfaces so will spread that way but it’s not air borne.
I can’t remember much about swine flu so it musnt have been in the media as much?
Thank you so much.

I remember swine flu well, it was on the news a lot but I don’t recall panic buying, all the talk of death as the sheer panic. Times were easier back then, my kids were little and I could keep them safe at home.

I think it was pretty hyped up but social media wasn’t as utilised as it is now. I did get the swine flu and it wasn’t great. I remember being short of breath and just staying in bed for about five days. That was the last time I had the flu

Reactions: 4
Beauty UK show that is taking place in MAY has now been postponed... Thought this would all be over by then?! (sorry about beauty updates, it is my line of work)

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Thank you so much.

I remember swine flu well, it was on the news a lot but I don’t recall panic buying, all the talk of death as the sheer panic. Times were easier back then, my kids were little and I could keep them safe at home.
I’m not sure at all why swine flu wasn’t as frighting as this? Was it not as contagious?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.