Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it was pretty hyped up but social media wasn’t as utilised as it is now. I did get the swine flu and it wasn’t great. I remember being short of breath and just staying in bed for about five days. That was the last time I had the flu
It was nasty. My son had it. I was vaccinated soon after the outbreak as I worked in a hospital.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Beauty UK show that is taking place in MAY has now been postponed... Thought this would all be over by then?! (sorry about beauty updates, it is my line of work)
Do you think it’s just a precaution? I thought it would be over by then also 😱

I think it would only be policed on 'honour' rather than physically policed, as we don't have the resources to patrol the streets etc. Strange times indeed.
There's a former reporter from my local radio station who lives in Italy with his partner, they've been getting him to report back every few days on the situation.He said everyone is really scared and anxious they don't really know what to expect, you have to download a form to travel to different areas for work or medical reasons etc ,the police are patrolling but only the big cities Rome ,Milan he hasn't come across any where he lives..he said the queues are miles long at the supermarkets and things are in short supply.your supposed to leave a mtre distance between people but it's impossible as they keep the supermarkets locked until a certain time, and issue people with gloves as soon as they enter but with everyone scrambling for food and supplies people are on top of each other exactly what the government don't want..So who knows we could be facing the same scenario before long with the way things are going...

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Re the hand sanitisers I posted a link a few pages back- which were still in stock just more ££ from a french company.

Merci Handy.

(Don't work for them, saw it on another site and I bought for my sister as soon as I could.)

In Italy the police are patrolling the street (with loudspeakers) and there's a form for people fill in to explain why they are out of the house and they've changed the law so that it's a criminal offence to falsify information on it. That's what a bbc reporter said anyway.
Yes that’s what they are doing, you can go out only for work, grocery shopping (you must go to a supermarket as close to your place as possible) and pet/family emergency (like attending old/sick relatives). They even closed parks to prevent people from going there

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Does anyone else struggle to find hand sanitisers in the shops? I'm in London and I keep checking various Boots, Superdrug, supermarkets and none have any in stock. Of course if I have access to a sink and soap, I'd rather do that, but if I'm out and about in the bus/tube, I need hand sanitiser. I have only one at the moment and it will run out soon :( When are all these shops going to sort out the shortage?
There has been a shortage for a few weeks now, best place to try is small corner shops but even they are running out. I know someone in the medical profession (private) and she’s unable to order for her own clinic from suppliers.

I got my cleaner at work to get me a spare bottle for home as I couldn’t get one anywhere.

Re the hand sanitisers I posted a link a few pages back- which were still in stock just more ££ from a french company.

Merci Handy.

(Don't work for them, saw it on another site and I bought for my sister as soon as I could.)
Those one are only 60% alcohol. I understand you need 70 and above.

I don't know if it's just scaremongering, but I've read on Twitter and Mumsnet, that London may soon be going on lockdown.

Merci Handy.

You sure you aren’t getting commission 😂

• Haha
Yes that’s what they are doing, you can go out only for work, grocery shopping (you must go to a supermarket as close to your place as possible) and pet/family emergency (like attending old/sick relatives). They even closed parks to prevent people from going there
I live in a flat so don’t have a garden but have a park out the back....so I wouldn’t even be able to take my son there for fresh air or to have a run about 😳😱

Ah no so not even have the kids on their bikes in the fresh air? May have to get the treadmill out and make them run 5k a day to burn off energy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm sitting in the house with 3 kids aged 6 and under all of us have all of the symptoms between us

I want to lock the door and hide us all away. The looks we were getting coming home from school coughing and sneezing and sniffling (all responsibly with tissues 😉) was quite soul destroying

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I don't know if it's just scaremongering, but I've read on Twitter and Mumsnet, that London may soon be going on lockdown.
I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s business as usual here. It’s almost as if it doesn’t exist, no posters nothing. I’m all set to work from home shortly, just in case.

I live in a flat so don’t have a garden but have a park out the back....so I wouldn’t even be able to take my son there for fresh air or to have a run about 😳😱
You can if no-one else is there or if you keep distance.

I sought advice from my local mayor this morning at a business conference and I've decided to close my London branches from Monday until after the half term (pending further info at the time obviously).

The stress and worry this is causing not only vulnerable people but those of us responsible for staff also is unfathomable.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
minimum you need is 60% .

;)
I bought everyone in my family one back in feb when there were loads everywhere- but also regretted not buying more when i had the chance. I was happy they just had some in stock! someone else shared the link so it seems fair.

Ah in that case then I should mark it as an #pressdiscount use my code SPARKLES for 89.9% off .

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The studio I work at in London is shut tomorrow to test remote working, finally!!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.