Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm supposed to be going to the theatre and out for dinner on Friday but don't really want to now. I'm hoping the show gets cancelled or postponed.

Reactions: 1
I don’t really remember swine flu because I was only 10 when the whole thing happened, but my primary school at the time inserted hand sanitiser by the lunch queue and that was it. The school was for kids aged 7 - 11 and there was only one in the entire building 😬 someone in my year had it and was off for ages, the headteacher was too scared to go near her afterwards. Also I remember one time they just didn’t refill it

Reactions: 3
It’s baffling me that children arnt getting infected? I mean obviously that’s a good thing but I wonder why?
They are but aren't really showing symptoms...they seem to be carriers and passing it on which is freaky.

Is it highly contagious? Or is it close contact with someone infected that’s the biggest issue? Is it in the air?aswell as touching surfaces they’ve touched?

Why did swine flu infect and kill more people but I don’t remember so much panic?
Give this a listen, was really good. Basically you can get it from being close to people even just breathing as that releases droplets. http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/michael-osterholm

I said this on an earlier thread that I know at least 2 people who had the same symptoms over xmas
My friend had a dry cough just before Christmas and shortness of breath, he had three anti biotics and nothing worked for him, the nurse said at the time that a lot of people had the same. Does make you wonder.

Reactions: 7
They are but aren't really showing symptoms...they seem to be carriers and passing it on which is freaky.

Give this a listen, was really good. Basically you can get it from being close to people even just breathing as that releases droplets. http://podcasts.joerogan.net/podcasts/michael-osterholm
Joe Rogan is probably my favourite human.
(After my partner, of course 😏)

My friend had a dry cough just before Christmas and shortness of breath, he had three anti biotics and nothing worked for him, the nurse said at the time that a lot of people had the same. Does make you wonder.
Antibiotics won't work if it was just a viral cough though.
They'll only work if it was bacterial.

Reactions: 4
My dad (72) had a really bad cough which started on New Year’s Eve, it knocked him pretty badly and he spent a week or so just sleeping and he had absolutely no appetite, could’ve been corona but who knows

• Sad
The only upside to this for me I have to admit was the thought of not having to go to work if we are locked down. But seems in Italy you can still go to work :(

My daughter has a high temp today and what sounds like the start of croup I have to admit o panicked this morning when I realised she wasn’t herself! I still am I little worried

My daughter has a high temp today and what sounds like the start of croup I have to admit o panicked this morning when I realised she wasn’t herself! I still am I little worried
If she is young, I wouldn't be. It really doesn't seem to be affecting children and if it does, it is minimal.

I just got out of a meeting at work and we are being told to work from home.
The IT people are handing out monitors and computers etc, taking them off the desks, it just feels so surreal seeing half the desks empty.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Seems like things are stepping up. I’ve received a covid-19 plan from my school which includes a number of steps. Very curious to know if someone knows more than we do, apparently there is daily communication between public health England and school leaders.

Seems like things are stepping up. I’ve received a covid-19 plan from my school which includes a number of steps. Very curious to know if someone knows more than we do, apparently there is daily communication between public health England and school leaders.
I think some people do know more. My friend works for the US govt in quite a prestigious job and although Trump called it a "hoax", my friend stockpiled food, etc, in January, at least a month's worth. She is very concerned about covid-19.

I posted upthread that the word on the street is that they will close schools for an extra two weeks at the end of the Easter Holidays and advise everyone to stay home.

Rumours are that the government preparing for lockdown at the end of next week - and a reliable source advising someone here to have enough food for a week or two from next week.

• Wow
Maybe this is stupid to ask - but I'm headed to Tesco to build up a small stock of essentials (not hoarding ) just in case, and my mind is blank ?! What sort of foods would be best?!

I guess anything in a can...?!

:unsure: I wonder.

What I REALLY wish would happen would be for the Govt to say clearly when and how things will happen. For example, if we reach X number of cases we will do Y.

At the moment there seems to be very little consistency of approach even in European nations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.