Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so confused how the country can go into lockdown....I'm a care worker and look after a man that needs 24 hour care. So how on earth could me and my colleagues all isolate ourselves.....who will support our client to get out of bed, personal care, cook and feed him? Surely alot of jobs are critical and must be done!? I'm type 1 diabetic too and the more I read this thread the more worried I become 😥
The charity my brother works for support homeless young people. Many of them live in shared housing. The staff at those sites have been told to bring in sleeping bags and luggage for two weeks in preparation for an outbreak as they will have to stay on site to care for the young people if there is a quarentine.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
i can’t see anything happening in terms of lockdown at the moment, it’s frustrating because it seems like we’re all sitting ducks waiting to be infected severely before action is taken and that’s the worrying bit of it all isn’t it. There were murmurs of my university shutting last week, I have lecturers rushing us through our coursework guidelines (due early next week) in case of closure, but on the other hand the head says they’re following whatever the government says, and to wash hands and self isolate if ill 🤷🏻‍♀️

...i’ve got a very interesting advert below this which is offering me (all at the same time):
- cumin seed oil
- lollipops
- Vaseline
- bronzer
- aveeno restorative night cream
- muscle serum
- bad breath spray

cant help but think that’s not the greatest selection of stuff to keep in stock... also i am apparently a wizened hag with bad breath and no muscles! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Brill thank you. My fil is questioning my source 😂

i can’t see anything happening in terms of lockdown at the moment, it’s frustrating because it seems like we’re all sitting ducks waiting to be infected severely before action is taken and that’s the worrying bit of it all isn’t it. There were murmurs of my university shutting last week, I have lecturers rushing us through our coursework guidelines (due early next week) in case of closure, but on the other hand the head says they’re following whatever the government says, and to wash hands and self isolate if ill 🤷🏻‍♀️

...i’ve got a very interesting advert below this which is offering me (all at the same time):
- cumin seed oil
- lollipops
- Vaseline
- bronzer
- aveeno restorative night cream
- muscle serum
- bad breath spray

cant help but think that’s not the greatest selection of stuff to keep in stock... also i am apparently a wizened hag with bad breath and no muscles! 🤣
But you’ll look beautiful and have fresh breath.,, all anybody needs really

• Haha
I hate this feeling that life is on hold and no one knows what's happening. I know it could be worse, but still.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Interestingly that photo looks photoshopped af 😂 glad it’s come from an official source

Reactions: 1
I saw this, this morning and thought it was worrying. The "source" is in a language i can't read so i dont know the details but this makes it sound like it was contracted in the UK. And she just so happened to come into contact with one of the few hundred people that are confirmed to have it. I think not. The government needs to pull its finger out its ass and increase the testing.
20200311_142257.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 4
But you’ll look beautiful and have fresh breath.,, all anybody needs really
ahhh you may be onto something there my love, yeah, and I can use the bronzer to make it look like I’ve been out in the sun! 💡💡💡! Lollies and cumin for dinner, as for the Vaseline hmmmm

• Haha
I’m not Gona lie I’m shitting myself so many people saying don’t worry it’s just like the flu 🤦🏼‍♀️ but it’s making my anxiety so bad. I work in a super market. So I’m convinced with the amount of people coming in & out daily i feel like I’m at such a risk! So if the country goes on lock down what does that mean exactly? Sorry if I sound stupid 🙈

Reactions: 11
I’m not Gona lie I’m shitting myself so many people saying don’t worry it’s just like the flu 🤦🏼‍♀️ but it’s making my anxiety so bad. I work in a super market. So I’m convinced with the amount of people coming in & out daily i feel like I’m at such a risk! So if the country goes on lock down what does that mean exactly? Sorry if I sound stupid 🙈
I don’t 100 percent know but from Italy it looks like it’s all non essential travel. Distancing from people. Restaurants are still open but tables a metre apart. A journalist was saying she can still travel you just have to prove you need to travel for work. Some shops one in one out policy. I think it’s essentially stay in unless you absolutely need to go out and if you do then keep your distance from people. I can imagine some people here though Won’t care. Restaurants open til 6pm in Italy. So for example I might take my children on a bike ride off the beaten track near here to get them out but I wouldn’t go to a play centre

Reactions: 9
So we had a meeting our trust today and we will have maximum 80 beds for corona patients. (80 less for non corona patients may I add). Roughly 1 bed per 3000 people in our catchment area. tit is expected to hit the fan in the next 2-3 weeks. Good luck everyone lol

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I've been into my town today and it was quiet compared to normal.im so angry I must of seen at least 3 people spit on the pavement its disgusting.my daughter told me not to say anything as I think she could see how angry I was

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I had an elderly lady cough in my face last week in work. I work in a shop & ironically she was asking me where the dettol was 🤦🏼‍♀️ I kindly asked if she could cover her mouth when she coughed, I mean are people really this bleeping stupid?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
The charity my brother works for support homeless young people. Many of them live in shared housing. The staff at those sites have been told to bring in sleeping bags and luggage for two weeks in preparation for an outbreak as they will have to stay on site to care for the young people if there is a quarentine.

I wonder how that would work for my mum. She works as a carer but only the hours my little sister is at school/after school club. She couldn't leave a 14 year old at home for 2 weeks.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.