Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a girl on insta called all.things.mia she has just been put in remission for cancer; has come back from Bulgaria feeling unwell and is now in isolation being testing for coronavirus due to her weakened immune system. Shes done a few insta videos of her going into isolation
It looks like she is still getting chemo? Or is that an old story? Poor girl. How scary.

Last edited:
Did anyone catch the update? I missed it... I guess nothing much has changed?

Reactions: 2
Did anyone catch the update? I missed it... I guess nothing much has changed?
we're moving to delay phase but not much detail on what restrictions will be applied yet other than more extensive testing of people in hospitals.

Reactions: 4
Looks like Bohnson is leaving it up to us to decide what to do. We are in the same position as Italy was 2 weeks ago but we are still expected to carry on as normal apart from being reminded to wash our hands. We can't do anything until we get it. Once we get ill then we can stay off work and isolate. Brilliant.

Reactions: 13
I watched an interview on C4 news the other day with a chap who said that we have come together to overcome much worse in our history as a country so we really must all step up to overcome this. Look at how we dealt with the world wars and the hardships we faced and what we could pull together to do as a country then.

The outcome of this virus lies in our hands, we can’t wait for the government to take action entirely so we must do what we can to prevent the spread ourselves and I’ve seen a few people saying they’re staying out of towns and away from big events and I think that’s commendable. I’ve cancelled an event I was attending on Wednesday because it hasn’t cost me anything to do so and just seems smart to minimise the risks wherever we can.
This!!!

My daughter went to a concert last week. I didn’t want her to go but she had bought tickets and begged to go so I let her. She wanted to go shopping in this city again 2 days later where there are cases and I said no. I’ve said that was the last big event and we aren’t going into the areas that have cases, we need to protect ourselves and the spread of this virus.

Has anyone else had trouble rxokajning this to their teenagers who want to just live their lives and feel like their parents are being OTT? Boh did we have some tantrums off her. She’s trying to make plans to go to another area of England next weekend and I said absolutely not as they’ve cases there too, again another scene lol. The stress typing to remind my teens to wash their hands, use their gel and not go to places with known cases is just as stressful as the worry of this virus, they’re good kids, they do wash their hands etc but of course kids will be kids and think their parents are being ’so unfair’ 😂

Reactions: 6

Yel

Looks like Bohnson is leaving it up to us to decide what to do. We are in the same position as Italy was 2 weeks ago but we are still expected to carry on as normal apart from being reminded to wash our hands. We can't do anything until we get it. Once we get ill then we can stay off work and isolate. Brilliant.
The breaking news from the speach was that people unwell should self isolate, err I thought they should be doing that anyway!

With the nature of the jobs here people can't / won't stay at home and not work if they aren't getting paid.

Reactions: 8
I don’t understand what people want the government to do? Whatever he does he’s gonna be slated for it- no win situation!!

Reactions: 11
I’ve been reading the threads over the weekend and after a bit of a rant to my OH, want to voice it here too.

There a group of students in my local area returning from a ski trip in Italy that’s been cut short due to the slopes now closing. Apparently because there are no confirmed cases in that part of the country, the families have been told the children do not need to be isolated. Is it just me that finds that really concerning?!

Reactions: 9
I’ve been at home for a solid month and my parents are yelling at me and surprised I haven’t gone “crazy”, I can’t persuade them to join me so they’re risking themselves and me

Reactions: 3
I’ve been reading the threads over the weekend and after a bit of a rant to my OH, want to voice it here too.

There a group of students in my local area returning from a ski trip in Italy that’s been cut short due to the slopes now closing. Apparently because there are no confirmed cases in that part of the country, the families have been told the children do not need to be isolated. Is it just me that finds that really concerning?!
My friend is in a similar situation. Her daughter is due to go in a skiing trip to Italy at the end of the month and at the moment the school say they are still going!!!!! There’s no way I would send my child, I think it’s ridiculous people are still doing this to be honest

• Wow
Am I stupid for actually crying with worry about this? I’m worried for everyone but having a husband with asthma and I have some health condtions my anxiety is wild. People keep saying it’s just like flu or it’s scaremongering dont watch the news, but the reality is this is serious and my anxiety levels have soared. I almost had a panic attack the other day my chest was so heavy with the stress and worry.

I probably sound like a head and we’re all in the same boat so it’s not just about little old me ☹
Not silly at all. I get like this and was really worried last week but my husband is forever telling me we can’t spend our lives worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet. I know it’s happening to others but I’m trying to stay positive and do the best I can to protect my family and the elderly by washing my hands, using tissues etc. Also trying to be as healthy as possible, fruit, veg, water, to keep my body in the best shape. That’s all we can do at the moment. Also stop reading the news and switch the TV over, maybe check in once a day so you know what’s happening but don’t read the stories which make it all sound so scary. I’m not saying it is or isn’t but reading them doesn’t help ❤

I'm so shocked at how some people are behaving. I had to take my son for a totally unnecessary GP appointment first thing as they were refusing to do what his consultant wanted. In the waiting room was a mum with her little girl. The mum coughed in her hand, sneezed in her hand, was touching her own face and mouth, picked her teeth, was touching the chairs and magazines, then was pulling at her child's eyes and mouth, as if she was deliberately being as gross as possible. Then when they were called in, she was giving the GP something out of her bag and the doctor was saying "oh thank you. You really shouldn't because I'll be getting fat". When I was at the pharmacy the same woman came in and gave the staff a box of home made cakes and they started eating them then and there with unwashed hands. It just all creeped me out. People can literally die because of the lack of hygiene and caution.

A group of students from my son's college are newly returned from Italy and have been told to come in as normal which doesn't feel at all safe to me.

• Wow
  • Sick

Yel

I don’t understand what people want the government to do? Whatever he does he’s gonna be slated for it- no win situation!!
I think give more information about what drives the decisions and be totally open. As spokes people from the who and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine contradict with what the gov are doing. It is lose lose though.

1797 new cases in Italy and 97 new deaths, they have over 700 people in a serious/critical condition. Lets hope this massive lockdown they've initiated starts to work soon 😓

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.